Found my answer if any one is interested I found this on another fourm:
I came across this tek by Professor Fanaticus and thought this was great. I thought some of you in here might want to look this over
This technique describes how to extract psilocybin from magic mushrooms with pure 190 proof ethyl alcohol and make a magic mushroom liqueur of concentrated psilocybin to effect a powerful psychedelic dose as potent as desired. The entire process involves only the shrooms and alcohol. The alcohol is untainted with chemicals and poisons because it can be easily acquired from a liquor store (United States) either over the counter (in some states) or with a special permit (most states - see end of article section - "procuring 190 proof ethyl alcohol from a liquor store").
ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF THE MAGIC CRYSTALS
by Professor Fanaticus
* 190 proof ethyl alcohol (GOLDEN GRAIN - EVERCLEAR ect)
* Pyrex glass wide mouth slurry soaking vessel
* Stove top boiling water pot (slurry vessel sits inside) "double boiler"
* Funnel, and vacuum filtering set up or Dust-pollen masks
* Small desk fan
* Stirring tools - spatulas
Acquire quality psilocybe cubensis shrooms (harvested before or just as the veils open and cool dried with desiccant). The more shrooms used in the beginning, the more potent the concentration can be when finished. Use at least several grams of dried shroom material to make the process worthwhile and effective. The shrooms need to be thoroughly dry (rock hard) to allow pulverization. To pulverize the shrooms, put them into a small strong zip lock plastic bag (freezer bag), cover the bag with a magazine (for protection of the bag) and pound it with the rubber heel of a large shoe. Or, powder them in a small canister type coffee bean grinder.
In a heat resistant soaking vessel (Pyrex glass), combine the shroom powder with several times its volume with 190 proof Everclear (ethanol). This is the "slurry". Place the slurry steeping vessel in a pan of boiling water. Raise the slurry soaking vessel off the bottom of the hot water pan (pieces of rope on the bottom of the boiling pot work well) for preventing serious sticking of the extracts and to prevent overboiling. Make sure the slurry vessel is stable and not tipsy. After the water boiling vessel begins boiling, the slurry will start to boil. Turn the water boiling pan heat down and let the shroom slurry lightly boil for about 10 minutes. Alcohol boils at a lower temperature than water. While the alcohol slurry boils, the water pan will not be boiling - only hot and steaming. Watch the temperatures closely. Things can get totally out of hand and ruined very quickly without close attention paid. Stir the hot boiling slurry mixture constantly. DO NOT LEAVE IT UNOBSERVED - PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOUR MOST VALUABLE SLURRY.
After 10 minutes of boiling and stirring, pour the hot slurry immediately into a buchner filter with a flask. See below for the right kind of filtering aparatus. Use this kind of a set up if you want to do this right, or else you might very well waster you valuable shrooms. Use this set up and forget what anybody says about this - there are many retards that think they know and will give you crap info on this on the net. The Professors way is the best, after all, he is the legendary PF and you can't go wrong following PF's advice on anything about magic shrooms.
Collect and save the filtrate liquids. Heat the slurry (the mush in the filter paper) one or two more times with the 190 proof as before, filter, and accumulate the liquids of the extraction's. The photos at the top are of extraction's done twice.
If there is no vacuum filtering device at hand, inexpensive dust-pollen masks make good filters for the slurry. These are available at hardware, drug and paint stores. They are usually white or tan colored, fit over the nose and mouth and are held on to the face by a rubber band attached to the filter. Fashion the filter over the mouth of a drinking glass. Squeeze the filter and slurry to extract the alcohol. There are many details to deal with, but doing it once reveals them all. Experience is the best teacher. Store the extracted alcohol in a fresh bottle.
EVAPORATION AND CONCENTRATION
Combine the filtered alcohol extracts into the Pyrex steeping vessel. Place a small electric fan near the vessel and point the air flow directly down into the vessel until the surface of the alcohol ripples. This will speed the evaporation and concentration. The process will take several hours. The more alcohol extract - the longer the evaporation time. As the alcohol evaporates and the level recedes down into the glass, wash the residue that adheres to the inside of the glass back into the solution. Any fumes that are generated will be harmless because the alcohol is a non poisonous drinkable spirit. Keep flames away from the solution - pure alcohol is very flammable.
One can also use heat to evaporate and concentrate the liqueur. Use a double boiler type of set up to heat and evaporate off the alcohol to concentrate the liqueur (as in the initial slurry prep). At this point, with hot concentrated liqueur (no crystal precipitate) it is best to go immediately to the storage tek (see Dosage and Storage at the end).
The concentrated shroom liqueur will have a pungent mushroomy aroma (like fungi perfume). Also, a white crystalline kind of precipitate will form in the alcohol liqueur (see above photo) as it cools. Store it in small screw cap bottles or vials in the freezer. Alcohol doesn't freeze solid and will remain liquid.
1. Use warm-hot temps when boiling the initial slurry (shroom-alcohol). Use a double boiler for the slurry vessel. Avoid direct heat to the bottoms of the slurry soaking vessels. The extract has a tendency to bake on and stick very easily.
2. A good filter is a must. Lab quality filter paper helps for a cleaner extract (less shroom stuff).
3. When filtering the slurry, do it while it is hot (immediately after boiling).
4. When heated in the initial slurry, the psilocybin alkaloid extracts are free base molecules. In the final liqueur on cool down, the free base molecules will coalesce and form crystals. It takes a day or two for the process to be complete. The less the final amount of liquid is, the easier it is for the free base psilocybin molecules to meet each other and coalesce into the whitish crystalline substance.
5. The crystalline extract can be completely dried by placing the liqueur container in front of a small fan to get most of the liquid out. To complete the drying, desiccant is recommended. Place the small vessel of liqueur into a larger jar with quality desiccant. It takes several days to complete drying. The final crystalline substance can be weighed, worked with and experimented with. It is like big pieces of salt.
6. TEK personalization through experience is what happens to anyone trying this. Extracting plant material is an ancient art, and the ways are myriad.
DOSAGE and STORAGE
On cooling and with time, the free base psilocybin molecules coalesce in the liqueur and precipitate into a whitish crystalline extract which falls to the bottom of the storage vessel. The freebase Psilocybin molecules come together fast in the cool alcohol.
Storage and dosage prep is the same. If the liqueur has already precipitated the crystals, heat the final concentrated liqueur (for example - 20 grams of dried shrooms can be extracted to 50-100 milliliters alcohol) in its storage vessel in a pot of hot water. Boil the liqueur and stir and scrape deposits from the glass as the liqueur boils lightly. Alcohol boils at a lower temperature than water. Keep the storage vessel off the bottom of the boiling water pot. Direct heat is very bad for the liqueur, making it stick. As the liqueur boils, the crystals and extract will remelt with time. The large particles of the crystals can be crushed with a long needle probe to hurry up the process. When the crystals are dissolved, administer the magic liqueur while it is HOT. Using a syringe enables uniformity and accuracy of the dosages. Keep the liqueur stirred up to keep it uniform. The hot liqueur quickly becomes cloudy (precipitate) on slight cooling. A hot temperature of the liqueur with remelted crystals is important for accurate dosage administration.
While it is hot, dispense equal portions of the liqueur (10cc-20cc) into small storage jars with watertight caps. Each small jar is allowed to cool, the cap is put on and the jar is placed into the freezer for storage. Each jar is equivalent to an exact fraction of the original dry shroom weight so that dosage can be accurately controlled and determined.
When it is time to trip, the desired liqueur jars (with potency ratings) are removed from the freezer, allowed to warm to room temps, the lids taken off, a small fan is set up blowing air across the jars mouths and the liqueur is evaporated off to a manageable "hit" (variable alcohol). The small jars then become administration vessels where the entire contents (alcohol-water-crystalline extract) can easily be completely consumed.
PROCURING 190 PROOF ETHYL ALCOHOL ("Everclear" - "Golden Grain" et) FROM A LIQUOR STORE
First, call a well stocked liquor store and ask if they have 190 proof ethyl alcohol. Full service liquor stores supply hospitals and laboratories with 190 - 200 proof ethyl alcohol. If a permit is needed, call the state liquor board (usually in the State Capital) and ask for an application to get an ethyl alcohol permit. The fee is 5 or 10 dollars. On the application will be a question asking what the use of the alcohol will be. Write what they more or less want to hear. State that the use of the alcohol will be for "non-toxic surface sterilizing plus herb extraction - preservation - tincture - and perfume making" (or something to that effect).
A GOOD PRO QUALITY SHROOM EXTRACTING FILTERING SET UP (inexpensive)
Dig these great low prices on professional quality glass labware. Once you get these things, they will last you a life time and are the only real great way to filter mushroom extractions in that they do way better than coffee filters and get all of the nasty shroom stuff and let the good magic constituents through without the stomach upset ordeal. I have ordered from this company, and they are great. They will work with you also. They seem to be a small company.
P.O. Box 530
Carlinville, IL 62626
FILTERING FLASK PARTS LIST
1. Buchner filtering funnel
174 ml capacity (70 mm filter paper size)
catalogue number 150-23372
Filter paper (for the 174 ml Buchner funnel)
7 cm (70mm)
Slow flow - catalogue number 111-19707
medium flow - catalogue number 111-21010
fast flow - catalogue number 111-21002
pack of 100 - $1.20 each
2. 250 ml Filtering flask (recommended - its smaller capacity (volume) makes it easy to use your own breath to pull the extract alki out of the thick slurry through the fine lab grade filtering paper discs and down into the flask)
250 ml capacity
catalogue number 115-33105
3. Size 2 filter adapter (it holds the funnel with a good airtight seal onto the top of the filtering flask - like a grommet). (also, you might want to order size 1 and 3 filter adapters just in case the flask is different - so that you will have the filter adapter you need, regardless of the derivation in these filtering flasks that happen so ofter)
catalogue number 124-33752
4. And you will need a poly tube (hardware store) to connect to the filtering flask nodul for sucking the air out of the flask and getting the thick - hot - steamy alcohol and shroom slurry to filter through the fine lab filter paper.
August 15 - 2005
(can't post photo of the cyrstals?????)
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."
-- Ken Kesey