If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Masterkush pollinated by RomP19.

Hi Everyone

THC&ME sent me some RomP19 pollen and I pollinated my Masterkush girl.

Here's some photos, I tried to circle what I think are seed pods forming.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ~Pistillate~
    Super Moderator
    Very proud Mom of my 9 yr old sapling & my new bean.

R.I.P. Nana [06.27.2014] | R.I.P. Mom [09.21.2008] | R.I.P. Melissa [05.27.2011] | R.I.P. Dynell [09.29.2009]

[3.23.2011 - TokeCity Chat]
    [11:12] <+chaibuzz> and if your head explodes from hitting TI too soon
    [11:13] <+chaibuzz> I'll see you in the dark slide of the spoon

"Strangers passing in the street By chance two separate glances meet And I am you and what I see is me." ~Pink Floyd

That should be a sweet cross their. The Master Kush will add tones of flavor as well as add to the yeild and hopefully allow for quicker flower times to the RomP-19. I'd like to see how this one turns out.

Please keep this one updated. I know someone who would love to test the cross.

Are you going to continue to inbreed the strain once finished? It would prove a awsome smoke and good plant to grow once isolated.

s2
    Last edited by syko2; 11-28-2005 at 11:44 PM.

This is where I start to get confused with breeding.

How would I go about inbreeding the strain?

And of course I can share some of these.
    ~Pistillate~
    Super Moderator

R.I.P. Nana [06.27.2014] | R.I.P. Mom [09.21.2008] | R.I.P. Melissa [05.27.2011] | R.I.P. Dynell [09.29.2009]

"Strangers passing in the street By chance two separate glances meet And I am you and what I see is me." ~Pink Floyd

Once the seeds from the cross are made and germed & growing the strain would be RomP-19 x Master Kush or what ever youd like to call it say Master 19 or RomP Kush ect...this strain will need a male and a female, pollinate the male & female to create more seeds. To make the strain more stable you select a male from either Master Kush or if it were me a RomP-19 and back cross the RomP-19 x Master Kush with it's original strain.

EDIT

or better yet read this

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4135.html

s2
    Last edited by syko2; 11-29-2005 at 02:09 AM.

Ahh, well I don't have any RomP19 or Masterkush males. I do have some RomP19 pollen, but I don't think it will be viable for that long?

Ugh, can't read that link at work, I'll take a peak at home.
    Last edited by Pistillate; 11-29-2005 at 02:17 AM.
    ~Pistillate~
    Super Moderator

Theirs no rush, I am sure their will be many RomP-19 or Master Kush males or pollen for you to do so if you wonted.

The link is to a Ask Ed question regarding inbreeding. You get the point thoe; read it later your not missing much. If you wonted to do something else with your garden space insteed of working with the cross I will be working with the RomP-19 again some time in the future so I could do it or send ya some pollen.Hell I am sure Mark or THC would too...

s2

True that, you guys always take care of me!
    ~Pistillate~
    Super Moderator

TuShengPeng

Pistillate,

I didn't read the above link, but I'll give my humble thoughts about making a "Strain".
    You need to give yourself a goal. What trait or traits are trying to get? Taste, Yeild, Structure, Flowering time, and so on. The fewer traits you pick the easier the task.

Keeping males to breed with is a problem for many. Keep a male mom. Take clones and replace it often to keep the size and space needed to a min. You bloom a male clone in a very small pot and get enough pollen to work with.

When find a plant that matches what you're going for, breed her. Grow some of those crosses and again look for the trait your after. Breed it back again and so on. At some point you will get seeds that breed true.

I was very simple here, but that's the idea.

Good Luck & Peace,
    TuShengPeng

Hi TuShengPeng

Excellent idea to keep a male around and thanks for breaking it down for me.

I'm starting to get the big picture on this whole breeding thing, now I just have to start looking at the details.

Mudro & Butcher Bob over on Overgrow (they were a part of TC at one point but I think they're super busy with their projects) have a breeding project where I'm testing two of their strains a F1 - African Hellfire (Durban x Blueberry x Afghani) and F2 - Hellfire (Blueberry x Afghani). A bunch of us are growing them and Bob and other members of the project are building massive trait lists and I'm barely grasping all of them, when I get home I'll post some of them. Speaking of which I need to start noting them in a notebook or something, there's so many and I'm just starting. It's going to be a bit extensive, but it'll be a great learning project on bredding.

I also have some RompStar (RomP19 x Texas Mystic) seeds from Marksurfs, so I'll get a male from them. I have the two hellfire strains, I'm sure I'll get males from them, but every other strain in my garden are females (Moms and Clones). So the only potential males I have are RompStar, Hellfire, and African Hellfire. This cross is Masterkush and RomP19, I don't have males of them. A buddy THC sent me some pollen which I pollinated my branch with, but Syko gratiously offered and I'm sure THC or Mark would help as well.

So essentially I find a female Masterkush x RomP19 plant, then fertilize with someones RomP19 pollen and I'll have back crossed it? Now is that an F1 or F2?

I tell ya it's amazing how much I've learned this year thanks to everyone on TC and OG.
    ~Pistillate~
    Super Moderator

vancouverbuds

I'll take a little stab at this - someone correct me if I'm wrong...

The original MasterKush and RomP19 would be the P (Parent generation)
    - this female MK x R19 you are speaking of would be Hybrid Gen. 1 (F1) so backcrossing with either R19 would produce F2's which would be:
    [R19 x (MK x R19)] depending on who you choose as a dad. You could then further stabilize this F2 I guess!

Hope this helps
    Last edited by vancouverbuds; 11-29-2005 at 09:27 PM.