Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 82 1234567891151 ... LastLast
    Account Closed

Default Using Isopropyl Alcohol for Oil extraction

Here's a step by step method for extracting THC goodness form Schwagg, trim, or buds with common Isopropyl alcohol.
    I didn't invent this method, Ganja Nazi and Nardsofdank have been doing this longer than I have, but I'm pretty good at it .
    All extractions are done in a well ventilated place, outdoors, as alcohol is VERY flammable and can EXPLODE!!!!

14 grams frosty trim
    70% Iso alcohol ( 99%,91%,70%,or even 50% is fine... only difference is evap time)
    mason jar
    permanent coffee filter
    paper coffee filter
    corning ware plate
    pot of boiling water
    razor blade scraper

For this example, I'll be using 70% ISO.
    Store brand "Isopropyl 70%", contains 70 % Isopropyl alcohol and 30% distilled water.

The trim is placed in the jar, and covered with Isopropyl alcohol.
    Lid is placed on jar and jar is shaken for NO LONGER THAN 2 MINUTES.
    That's the key.
    2 minutes or less. Any longer and the solvent pulls too much chlorophyll and plant sugar into the mix.
    The alcohol is poured though the paper coffee filter ( held firm by the permanent filter) and strained into the plate.

( plant matter is discarded. It's useless now as all the goodness is dissolved into the alcohol.
    the plate is set on top of a pot of boiling water, so the heat from the steam can warm the plate without degrading the THC.

as the last of the moisture is evaporated, all that is left is a golden goodness filled with THC essence.

Goodness...folds of golden goodness...hehe
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Dopey's Mom; 02-27-2005 at 05:40 AM.

Account Closed

more pics....

Account Closed

more...

nice iso-shish mate

i like your title style too..

Hmm, so ISO would be considered oil then? I've just been calling it hash, but only because its a solid mass, well mainly a solid mass.

I still got 2 grams left and love it.. I put some tin foil on the bottom of my block so it wouldn't stick to everything lol.. worked pretty good too.

Hey Ninja,

I will have to find some of this Isopropyl Alcohol here in the UK, but so far everywhere i've asked have said they haven't seen that stuff in years

Nice set of instructions by the way Or should that be distructions

peace,
    bald1
    Forever looking,Forever searching
    The day will come,
    I will find it.

Account Closed

I forget what they call ISO over there bald1... there's a different name for it in Europe.

Pazzo- Technically it's dissolved trichs, so it'd be Oil... I tend to refer to it as a "Hash Product" alot.. 'cause it really doesn't look like oil to me.. but it's still different than pressed hashish.
    I did alot of tweaking with my methods... evap time, straining tricks etc,.. and I can get a pretty sweet product that isn't green at all.
    When my product cools it gets hard like rock candy and will snap into pieces.
    Finger heat will warm it right up.
    I tend to mix mine with a bit if kiff to make a tasty mix for my bowl.

Yeah I agree that it doesn't really look like oil. Luckily I did follow your steps exactly and I didn't get any green product in mine either.. was very happy about that. The 1st one I did was hard like a rock as you said, but the 2nd time I did it I think scraped it a bit early and it was a little bit more stickier then it shoulda been.. it's pretty good now though, got some tinfoil stuck on the bottom of it.

do you find that freezing your trim and also keeping your ISO in the freezer gives you a cleaner looking oil? a friend suggested this to me and he's been makin nice oil fer years...

i tried your QWISO recipe a few times ninja and am VERY happy with the results... all 14grams of it

one trick i would like to share is cutting the top off a 2L pop bottle and use it for a funnel and to hold the filters in place when you filter from one jar to another, from the jar up it look's like jar/funnel/paper filter/gold filter... werks awsome.
    the grower formerly known as gray fox

all pictures and comments posted herin by this user are ficticus and in no way reflect on the said users actions, furthermore if you wish to follow this users instructions or copy his/her actions in any way shape and or form you are free to do so at your own risk but i assume no responsability for your actions

Hey Ninja,

Last night I went to pharmacy where I found a suply of H2o2 and guess what, they are going to order me some. It does seem to be a little expencive at nearly 5, but it's worth the try in any case

peace,
    bald1
    Forever looking,Forever searching
    The day will come,
    I will find it.