Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

any ideas on decent uk brands??

Dont use King any more either... seems me to have had a problem with the shit.... white web like lace in it when purging.... thought it could have been moisture... but never have the problem with Vector.

Alwayz use the Vector and Lucienne... both are 5x
    They also come in big cans...

Have a case of the Vector on order... almost time to refill my medication

Quote Originally Posted by lettuceman View Post
    any ideas on decent uk brands??
    http://www.keen-newport.com/ourBenchmark.htm

omg this shit is too funny... I just went to the website on the back of the Lava butane cans (www.pyro-products.com)

The sell vaporizers too! I'm beginning to think this butane was made with BHO specifically in mind.

Found a link for cheap Lucienne quadruple refined in 13 oz cans, did a run with one bought from the local stogey shop today. The oil's just the same as the last batch I made with Vector on the same bag

http://marketing10901.com/humidors/i...mart&Itemid=26

Edit - turns out it's too good to be true, that's a wholesale website where ya have to have a $100 minimum order, so that be quite a bit of butane you'd have to buy
    Last edited by endo; 07-17-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endonesian_refugee View Post

Found a link for cheap Lucienne quadruple refined in 13 oz cans, did a run with one bought from the local stogey shop today. The oil's just the same as the last batch I made with Vector on the same bag

http://marketing10901.com/humidors/i...mart&Itemid=26
    so its still good even though its not 5x filtered? quadruple..
    Growing Collection:
    Tubes by: L.Wilson, Sovereignty, EHLE, and RooR.de
    Other glass by: Slinger, Pakoh, MNP, Carlson, Strobel, JOP, Bishop, DWreck, Hops,
    Voorhees, Nasty, AK, El Hefe, Freeek, WildRok, HMK,Roo, Arty, L.Wilson, Sovereignty

Glad you had success with the lucienne. I've had off-tasting batches with both colibri and lucienne, but also have had perfectly fine ones. The lucienne I used may have been 3x, but it was still odd to me that couple times it was all good, then would get a random mercaptans, or whatever you call it, tasting batch. Also smelled the butane itself on those runs and it did appear to posess that rotten, leak-warning smell.

Now I just stick with vector. Easy access for me with all the william&sonomas round here. Fairly cheap too and the biggest butane bottles I've been able to find locally. I'm sure the 4x lucienne is perfect too.
    Last edited by phrikshin; 07-10-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stonedSRT View Post
    so its still good even though its not 5x filtered? quadruple..
    Has the "Near Zero Impurities" logo on the front

And was on par with the Vector on the mirror test.

BTW Colibri as well as King are triple refined, and although some say they had mercaptany batches from those two brands I never did.

Quote Originally Posted by endonesian_refugee View Post
    Has the "Near Zero Impurities" logo on the front

And was on par with the Vector on the mirror test.

BTW Colibri as well as King are triple refined, and although some say they had mercaptany batches from those two brands I never did.
    since you said it'll pass the mirror test, i'll try it out!
    Growing Collection:
    Tubes by: L.Wilson, Sovereignty, EHLE, and RooR.de
    Other glass by: Slinger, Pakoh, MNP, Carlson, Strobel, JOP, Bishop, DWreck, Hops,
    Voorhees, Nasty, AK, El Hefe, Freeek, WildRok, HMK,Roo, Arty, L.Wilson, Sovereignty