Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sorry was high Thought you wanted to know what a mogul socket was

I believe the adapters allow you to use bigger watt bulbs in regualr sockets? But not positive.
    Last edited by frostyy420; 03-05-2006 at 07:11 PM.
    frostyy420 aka med grower

RIP Cane

I was just thrown off because I got the same type of bulb off farmtek n it said it fit regular socket n The Other site says that CfLs use Mogul Sockets LoL If u read there info specs its there ... Shakes head . It really confused me . I thought perhaps The mogul sockets Help Get more power To the bulbs or something ,, But I guess not ...

FF2M

LMAO Im sittin here tryin to figure out who tom green is and if i know him cause Ive only seen the word Core:bitz in 2 places. One is when i type it and the other is in refrence to an obscure but very talented DJ Core:Bitz of core energy productions. He was big around the turn of the century (hehe 1999-2001) I think hes still spinning. That was a hoot FF or X or TG or whatever teh hell your name is. Glad it rocked your corebitz.

TNF

mogul bases are there to support larger heaver bulbs so they dont break off at the base. standered basese are not meant to support incandecent lights burning horizontly (these are the plastic or paper and tin sockets were talkin about) When we move up to a 3LB CFL its wise to use a more supportive base like a mogul socket made for holdign the weight of a HID and also insulated for heat (so you can mount it hor). There is no voltage diference between the two. A word to the wise if you buy these there kinda pricey, keep the box so you can use your warenty when it burns out, and it will.

heheh thanks Tnf Thats about the best answer i ever got to that I will probly buy some Sometime when i grow agn To see if they Hold the larger Cfls better ..

FF2M
    Tf1 Mem 102 AKA XerbHo " the Pic Whore "

hard wire the fockers........
    Last edited by Capt'Sneak; 04-14-2006 at 12:28 PM.

how come i dont understand...

Hey cappy If my Cfl ever does Come loose agn from the Screw in base , I probly will try n do a hard wiring job . 40 $ is a lot of money to me . Ill keep that bitch firing at least a yr or more if i can help it
    Tf1 Mem 102 AKA XerbHo " the Pic Whore "

Just a few questions for you smart guys. I went to home depot and could not find any socket/fixture that was anything over 100 watts. So where can I find a normal fixture that is 125 or can someone explain how to hard wire this for a noob. Can I just go to home depot and find a 125 ballast or something, then put one wire in the center and the other on the screw part of the bulb. Does it matter where the + and go when connecting to the bulb?

What would be perfect is a socket that then turned strait into a power cord so I can just dangle the light. Like one of these (scroll down to the "Prewired Mogul Socket"

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/acce...ml#gardenlight

would this work? http://www.farmtek.com/webapp/wcs/st...7C17155&isDoc=

I was under the impression that you need a ballest like a HID for this bulb to work???
    Last edited by pinkfloyd; 11-18-2006 at 07:46 PM.
    I sometimes think: what was wrong with our ancestors when they decided to settle in places with a bud-rot promoting climate? wolvern

In most cases, you won't find those @ HD or Lowes; will probably have to order them from the link you posted.

The larger bulbs like the 125w in that link, need a seperate adapter to screw into the lampholder in order to operate. The prewired mogul socket should work fine as well.

EZ bro
    TF1 Member # 40
    A Krewe of Freaks, Sailing the Seas of Green