Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Stock TORO slides

So today during a session of my new tube, my buddy asked me "Why don't Toro tubes come standard with ice pinch slides," and my response was an honest "i have no clue." He then asked why Toro, a very reputable company, was selling great tubes for hundreds of dollars and supplying people with a slide that burns the shit out of your fingers during use. I again said i have no clue.

This really got me thinking as my buddy just spent nearly $1000 on his new Toro, and it was hard to believe that if he hadn't purchased that Ice pinch slide (cause it was his first 18mm tube) that we would have been using the stock slider that like I said really burns your fingers if your not careful.

I am in no way, shape, or form putting down the overall work and quality of Toro products. I own 2 Toro tubes myself, would suggest them to anyone, and have made threads in the past thanking the great Toro people for all they have done for the glass scene. I am just baffled that this hasn't been already addressed because we may have seen a shift to a new stock slide thats much more user friendly, especially to the noobs of the glass scene who don't know enough or dont have the money after buying a nice tube to buy an after market slide. This scenario doesn't apply to many of the people here on the forums, but i felt it was worth bringing up with hopes of getting some feedback from you guys.

Long story short i am more or less trying to expose the true nature of these stock slides because i don't feel they are up to par with what the Toro people are capable of making. I feel that Toro could at least make these slides come with a paddle of some sort, maybe even put his logo on the paddle if he wants, anything to prevent people like me, my friends, and others from having to put rubber bands or whatever around there slide thats sitting on there beautiful Toro tube. I have never heard one bad thing about a Toro product except for this little inconvenience that can be totally preventable with a little extra time.

Any feedback is welcome, and i already expect a bashing from many people but thats fine. I am only doing this to bring more awareness to a minor issue that has been brought to me from other Toro owners. Hope this helps enlighten someone
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by D-stogz6988; 08-09-2008 at 02:06 AM.
    TORO 20in 4arm worked Str8 (H2H)
    TORO 19.5in stemless disc difused "new old" label (IG)

hm yea, that is quite an easy fix.. and when u are spending something like close to a $1000 on a tube, they should atleast give u something nicer... i agree
    24" LUX Strait tube 3-arm
    22"Sovereignty Stemless 4-arm disc Diffused
    18" Toro Fixed Stem 13-arm
    18" RooR.de FireFly

i smoke kush all day
    Glass By: Kennaroo, El Hefe, Toro, Lux, Sovereignty, RooR, Devolone, Mike Fro, Big Z, Ray, AK/Sarah, Bearclaw, FREEK, D-Wreck, JD, Slinger, SNIC

I agree that it's kind of odd, but most Roors also come with stock slides that will burn your hands. However, at least in my experience, shops will let you "upgrade" your slide/diffy for a discount when you purchase a new tube.

Quote Originally Posted by NightLight View Post
    I agree that it's kind of odd, but most Roors also come with stock slides that will burn your hands. However, at least in my experience, shops will let you "upgrade" your slide/diffy for a discount when you purchase a new tube.
    good point on the upgrading discount, didnt think about that... but a thousand bucks they could throw ya a paddle
    18" RooR.de FireFly

i smoke kush all day
    Glass By: Kennaroo, El Hefe, Toro, Lux, Sovereignty, RooR, Devolone, Mike Fro, Big Z, Ray, AK/Sarah, Bearclaw, FREEK, D-Wreck, JD, Slinger, SNIC

I have never used a roor so i was unaware that they also came with such poor stock slides. This was just one more thing for toro to capitalize on, and so far has not

And price really isn't the issue here

$100.. $1000.. whatever, you should not have to alter a slide in any way to prevent it from hurting you during use IMO unless you did something yourself to make it that way (like chipping the glass)

A toro is a toro, and with that we expect the best if not close. Im not trying to be super picky or anything, my views have just changed dramatically after joining the forums and i now look at little things a lot closer
    Last edited by D-stogz6988; 08-09-2008 at 02:23 AM.

It would be pretty nice if Toro's ice pinch slide replaced the martini style.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by reverend mk View Post
    It would be pretty nice if Toro's ice pinch slide replaced the martini style.
    hmm now were going somewhere with this
    18" RooR.de FireFly

i smoke kush all day

i agree, was useing my freinds the other day, sucks

im sure WAK will see this and eventually if were patient, there will be no problem

I agree that these slides may not be very safe but I really like it. Also I would be very surprised if a shop that had the ice pincher slide wouldn't let you exchange that if you were buying a tube.....but all in all I agree a handle/paddle wouldn't hurt.