Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 17 of 170 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252767117 ... LastLast

i still need one haha very nice guys... carv i like that all green looks proper

Sick milk back there sschoolie! Camera one, camera two. camera one, camera two.

Camera one, camera two

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay View Post
    never had ANY type of bubbles form, or surface area disform from heating, on several different types of nails this is.
    well i observed it on both pads i had. one was just clear glass. the surface became very rough. it was odd. it looked bubbled. as if gasses had bubbled out of it. i dunno, just trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sschoolie View Post
    Yeah I like to heat mine for about 30 seconds I think. No cracks yet.
    Yo man, just noticed in your posted vid that you're angling the flame straight down on the rig when heating. I used to heat it like that and the female cracked slightly on one of my sets; I speculate it might have been the result of the combination of the frosting on the joint causing small micro-fractures and the heat being applied warping those micro-fractures. Now I angle the flame at like 45 degrees toward the nail and move it around slightly to heat evenly, while at the same preventing the flame and subsequent heat blast from getting near the female.
    Last edited by NightLight; 01-20-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Copy that mang! I will not use a downward flame. Thanks for the heads up!

never seen this setup till recently i gotta try it

Also, ins0 it sounds like you are "shocking" the glass. Give it a minute on the ones that have not been used, IE: dont even let the flame hit it for a good 20 seconds, once the glass has accepted the heat, then you can shove it right in the flame for some good heating.

Does anyone else experience a lot of nails breaking (other than Inso)? I am looking into getting a dome but I don't want to go through a lot of nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
    well i observed it on both pads i had. one was just clear glass. the surface became very rough. it was odd. it looked bubbled. as if gasses had bubbled out of it. i dunno, just trying to figure it out.
    I use a glass nail as a glow rod and have experienced this as well; well not sure about the bubbles but it became rough and almost looked frosted... I will try to take pictures after work.

I abuse the nail as well, heat the hell out of it, leave it burning a while [a minute easily] and it took about 2-3 weeks of heavy use to get this way.

I still want to try an oil dome, to me this just means I should pick up a few nails if I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by linsen View Post
    Also, ins0 it sounds like you are "shocking" the glass. Give it a minute on the ones that have not been used, IE: dont even let the flame hit it for a good 20 seconds, once the glass has accepted the heat, then you can shove it right in the flame for some good heating.
    QFT- Linsen's an oil head.....
    ....it's gettin chunky.....it's gettin chunky....

...ChunKraft....