Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All Glass Vaporizer Review

I got one of VRIPtech's new heat wand and here is a brief review. The VRIP heat wand (VHW) takes the place of the Steinel heat gun and is much easier to use due to it's weight. The heat wand uses a ceramic based heating element and then is encapsulated in glass. To my knowledge, this is one of the only vaporizers with a 100% glass vapor path. There are two intakes that cause the air to swirl past these cork screw like design in the heat wand's glass sleeve. If you owned VRIP stuff before, you can re-use every piece except for the upper part of the VCB bowl. You will need to get the new shorty intake to make it work with the VHW.

I recently became familiar with inline diffusers and plan on getting one shortly but in the meantime, I am using VRIP's VWT which is basically a simple beaker shaped water pipe with an ice catcher. It's about 12 inches tall and is very basic and simple. I've collected quite a few vaporizers over the last 10 years and always liked using the VRIP set up but hated the heat gun. I switched over to Vapor Bros, Vaporfection, Extreme, and SSV but I just didn't like vaping from hoses or bags as much. With the VHW, you can finally vape in the same manner that you smoked.

So after letting the VHW warm up for 5 minutes, I connected it the intake bowl and began taking big inhales. The vapor to air ratio is very high, and you get some of the tastiest, moisturized vapor hits possible. I believe that because the air/vapor path is 100% glass, you get to taste the vapor in it's most unaltered state. All in all, I give the VHW a thumbs up and hopefully, due to it's modular approach, people that wanted to vaporize but didn't like to use hoses or bags can now use the VHW to retrofit their existing glass.

All in all, I am very satisfied with this vaporizer. From ease of use, to quality and taste of vapor, I think this should be unit that people should consider if they want to switch to vaporizing but don't want to get rid of their old water pipes

Here is a short video review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9zVDGh85s

Here are some pics -

Account Closed

hahaha VRIPtech is copying My Vapor wand... LOL

here's the original .. I posted on overgrow over 6 years ago.

BTW...... these do work.. I can attest to that.
    the design is solid, as it was created by me.. hehehe
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Ninja; 01-02-2009 at 10:10 AM.

looks like a nice vape hit, man
    ~ lets dab
    ~(';')~ ~(';')~
    im on the instagram @indicablue_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9XuqS8kbvc - Princess Peach Hitting the Princess GGirl

Account Closed

I do like the little 3 "hole" tray in the OP.

This looks pretty nice. I'd like to see someone do a direct comparison between this and the herborizer as i'd be interested in buying one or the other.

Ninja, that is awesome! Did you happen to be or know the guy that made the hot glass vaporizer? I know he and Mark worked together for a little while on this and little things like encapsulating the ceramic (I know ceramic is safe but still prefer glass when possible) and adding the fins to help get the heat spinning to get more efficient vapor extraction. The shape of the wand and the intake are supposed to help facilitate the venturi effect and while I have not done scientific tests to prove this, I am very happy about the results.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

Trichy - I own a Herborizer too, I'll take some pics of them side by side later on today. Long story short, the Herborizer is the hot girlfriend, the VHW is the wife. One looks better, has the GonG joints everywhere, the other is more flexible, and arguably the better performer. I guess part of it comes down to whether you just like to sit back and inhale (Herbo), or if you like the whole process of holding the VHW (like holding a lighter) to your bowl and taking rips. I got an email from Mark saying that they will slowly release modular pieces so that you can take advantage of the GonG joints in the future but no date has been set for that.

Personal preferences aside, these two units perform very similarly. My Herbo does not have the extra box to hook it up to so that you can adjust the temperature, which was the major drawback in my eyes. Who wants to have a seperate thermostat adjuster? Also, since you are in the UK, it might make more sense to get something from France. For me, when my Herbo broke, it took about 1 month to send something back and to get a replacement part...the good news is, you can't go wrong with either!

thanks for posting this!
    I think I still have my vrip bowl and glass on glass converter piece somewhere
    might have to rig this up with a hakko and give it a shot
    or order up their version if it isn't too expensive
    although cumbersome I found the vrip with the heatgun to work really well for some MASSIVE, tasty and effective vape rips

Peace

Hashboss - shoot Mark an email, you can get the contact email on his site.
    I have always been a huge advocate of their products but it's really hard to explain to someone that vaping from a heat gun is "safer" than smoking. My friends all gravitated towards my whip based vapes since they were "designed" for vaping. Man, if I had your glass collection, I could have so much fun with this thing. I am waiting to get a n3rd inline ashcatcher to attach my VWT, is vaping any different with these inlines? or overkill?
    Last edited by Ninja; 01-02-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: removed pricing

Quote Originally Posted by stonemonkey555 View Post

Trichy - I own a Herborizer too, I'll take some pics of them side by side later on today. Long story short, the Herborizer is the hot girlfriend, the VHW is the wife. One looks better, has the GonG joints everywhere, the other is more flexible, and arguably the better performer. I guess part of it comes down to whether you just like to sit back and inhale (Herbo), or if you like the whole process of holding the VHW (like holding a lighter) to your bowl and taking rips. I got an email from Mark saying that they will slowly release modular pieces so that you can take advantage of the GonG joints in the future but no date has been set for that.

Personal preferences aside, these two units perform very similarly. My Herbo does not have the extra box to hook it up to so that you can adjust the temperature, which was the major drawback in my eyes. Who wants to have a seperate thermostat adjuster? Also, since you are in the UK, it might make more sense to get something from France. For me, when my Herbo broke, it took about 1 month to send something back and to get a replacement part...the good news is, you can't go wrong with either!
    Cheers dude!

If I do buy the Herborizer it won't be for a while though - the Pound is getting totally raped by the Euro at the moment.
    Last edited by Trichy; 01-02-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Personally I won't be buying one until it's true gong with no silicone grommets