If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My PPm is rising too fast! help?

I have a Hydro system fed by drip, and i just started 14 clones. I set the ppm to 600 using flora nova grow and bushmaster, but over the past three days since i did that the ppm has risen to 790. Is there anything i can do about this besides drain the reservoir? Should i even worry about it?
    -=The Drunk Hydra, SFC cannabis club member for life=-

You sure you mixed your nutes good enough before taking your measurements? Are you sure your meter is calibrated? Not sure why your ppm would rise if you just started them. What medium are you using?

RW in hydrotron. idk today i measured it and it was back down to 750. my ppm meter is calibrated but its like a $50 digital. I guess i gta spend over 100 to get an accurate gauge. But as i was asking there is no way to lower the ppm besides draining the reservoir.

Well they are young, maybe they are just drinking more water then eating the nutes, that would raise ur PPM.....has the water level dropped at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by SidewaysS14 View Post
    Man I wish I had $37,000 to get some pot with!
    Growing Questions? Click Here before starting a thread
    Tokecity Cannabis Garden Helpline - how to get best answers

AHHH yea you are right they were sitting as clones for about a week and yes the water lvl is dropping bc they are absorbing alot. The ppm prolly rose bc they plants are new and needed to fill up on water like u said. Thanks for the help!

Hopefully they dont do that again the damn plants are gna kill themselves haha.

Sometimes you'll find a higher ppm than when you flushed, just because it was not mixed properly.
    But, in growing your gonna see this a lot and should know exactly what to do....
    If your ppm is higher than the initial and nute solution is lower of course it is just drinking water.
    Try this, after you flush take a reading then after a few days when it is lower top it back to where you initially had it w/ fresh H20, then take another reading.
    If your ppm is lower than what you flushed it at then it is eating.
    https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=21140
    Is your hog on drugs? Stealatization of your things?

What's the humidity in your room? I just don't see that few of plants that are that small drinking THAT much water. Could just be evaporation.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Style View Post
    What's the humidity in your room? I just don't see that few of plants that are that small drinking THAT much water. Could just be evaporation.
    His PPM didn't swing all that much.

True, but 200ppm seems to be a big change considering they're new clones. Especially in 3 days time.

Oh no doubt, but his rez. dropped, somehow someway water evap'd. directly explaining the raise.