Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 119 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1969109111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1445

too much heat on the purge creates hard shatter
    i havent found a way to reverse shatter syndrome
    wax to sap just made it dabable while still warm then it hardened back up

I had the same exact problem when I first started as well. I scooped up a thermometer from my research lab and can keep my temps at 140-150F. My thermometer reads in Celsius so I start it at 50C and work it up to 70C towards the end of the purge when I see little/no bubbles. Then i pop it into my toaster oven at 150F. I see more bubbles popping once in the toaster oven, which I assume is butane, but I get scared because in a toaster oven, the heat source is much closer to my product than a normal oven, so I don't want to lose terpenes. Not wanting to overpurge my product and lose terps, leaves some bubbles left over in my final product. I'm not 100% sure if it's butane or terps that are trapped in the bubbles, but I for sure know that the it doesn't taste like butane. And the consistency is malleable but not gooey. Breaks off JUST RIGHT. Exactly the way I like it and smells just like the flowers it was made from and tastes great.

Any word on those bubbles that are through out the errrl?? I feel like it's purged just right though...Any more and it would be shatter and lose any flavor.
    Sneaker-Head

Glass-Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by old's cool View Post
    ima roll a custom joint right now and kick back and wait for custom joints ...
    ^Lol

? When did shatter become associated with flavorless oil? some of the most potent most flavourful oil I've tasted was shatter. CAN you make flavourless shatter? Yes! But why would you?

How can you even tell what oil is truly shatter when a temperature change as slight as 5*C can be the difference between goo and shatter? If your shit is too shattery to dab, hold it in your hand for a minute or warm up your dabber a little. I've had stuff that was shattery as balls when I was dabbing in my buds garage (gets pretty cold during the winter), only to goo up when I was dabbing at my other buds apartment.

I guess I kinda understand the whole 'over purged oil = shatter' thing because its possible to take oil that wants to be a goo and over purge it into shatter, but the truth is its not that clearcut. Certain strains will make "thicker" oil that tends to shatter no matter how hard you try: I find chemo strains tend to do this a bit, but they can also be a bitch to avoid buddering. I'm guessing a lot of the "shatter hate" is coming from people who have had their spray turn to shatter, only to try and scrape it and get a shitload of "dust." or who have turned a nice chunk of oil into a bunch of shatter dust. There IS such a thing as good shatter.

The consistency/thickness of oil is affected by a lot of variables (ambient temperature, level of purgedness, presence of moisture) but is ultimately determined by strain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreams View Post
    Understanding WHY you do certain things is more important than understanding HOW you do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Papers View Post
    Act like you're a carpenter and TC is a project: measure twice, cut once.
    Budder sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohemius View Post
    ^a little trick i use to read my water temp without a thermometer is to stick my finger in the water, if i can leave it in for 5 or so seconds its about the right temp, just my experience and may vary for different peoples fingas.
    i use a similar technique i touch my rex with my hand and if i can hold my hand there comfortably while its still a nice hot i feel its about right.

Also sorry I didnt wanna start a big debate just wondering if anyone had noticed any simple ways to keep it gooey

I'm guessing you either didnt read, didnt understand, or didnt care about the post I made like literally right before you posted.

Strain determines the consistency of the oil, everything else just affects that consistency. If you want goo, buy strains that tend to give goo and then dont over or under purge. Increase the ambient temperatures in the room you dab, and decrease the temperature of the water you do your spray in while elongating your purge. Basically the same advice normally given when people ask how to make "Clear oil" (low and slow). The fact of the matter is, some strains will never really be as "gooey" as you'd like without that ambient temperature change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreams View Post
    Understanding WHY you do certain things is more important than understanding HOW you do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Papers View Post
    Act like you're a carpenter and TC is a project: measure twice, cut once.
    Budder sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Dank View Post
    ? When did shatter become associated with flavorless oil? some of the most potent most flavourful oil I've tasted was shatter. CAN you make flavourless shatter? Yes! But why would you?
    I'm assuming this was directed towards me. I wasn't associating the two in every case, just mine. I had assumed people knew that the outcome is indeed heavily strain dependent. In my particular case, leaving it in the oven would over purge it, turning it into shatter and losing most flavor. This is from personal experience of this strain as well. Just was looking for a way to fully purge without a vac set up. I am content with my product but as always, still trying to achieve maximum potency.
    Sneaker-Head

Glass-Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by old's cool View Post
    ima roll a custom joint right now and kick back and wait for custom joints ...
    ^Lol

Dorthy..we are in KANSAS...WICHITAWESOME in fact

vector to my knowledge is by no means any part of fasfil....

opt for the better quality tane at your shop dawg....

id use Luciene or Vector... and thats it!! anything else is just a gamble IMO..and why gamble at this intersection when so many of us already have
    Glass by: HMK, Ggirl, Mothership, Jesse James, Jolex, Doug Williams(DEW) , Skylar Cohen(SIC), TORO, J.O.P., Marcel Braun, Matt White, El Hefe, Chris Hubbard ... always more to come

In the midwest we stay calm... we just dab BHOmbs..

repeat.

GUAP

Default Safety First

Hey guys, lots of new members so I like to bump this thread with advice that has been buried in this thread. Had my first blowout in about a year, and thought I can share some of my cocky mistakes with others.

1. Wear Protective Gear (Goggles, mask, etc.) - You may think its not necessary but I had a blowout yesterday for the first time in almost a year and it scares the shit out of you. I had buds everywhere, even in my eyes... had to wash them out for a while before I stopped tearing. lucky it wasnt worse

2. Do it OUTSIDE - No runs, no matter how small should be done inside.

3. Read, Read, Read before you do your run. the more information you learn the better and safer your run will be.

Hopefully no one reads this and makes these same mistakes. As far as my blowout, I am going to attribute it completely to the freshness of the buds. I was running buds that had just come out of the ground practically and they were so moist they didnt absorb any of the butane. The pressure built up way to strong and it popped the filter right off the end. sent 1.5 ounces sky high. Be careful with pressurized gasses homies...
    SC

To bad you didnt read more into drying your buds haha, would you smoke the buds that moist?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightChillin View Post

3. Read, Read, Read before you do your run. the more information you learn the better and safer your run will be.

Hopefully no one reads this and makes these same mistakes. As far as my blowout, I am going to attribute it completely to the freshness of the buds. I was running buds that had just come out of the ground practically and they were so moist they didnt absorb any of the butane. The pressure built up way to strong and it popped the filter right off the end. sent 1.5 ounces sky high. Be careful with pressurized gasses homies...

Anyone who thinks that honeycomb is under purged is a complete idiot. Its vac purged and there is no butane in it at all.