Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 15 of 144 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232565115 ... LastLast
    “The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool

Hey Bob, I just found this post and I didn't realize you named your plants as well... or do you just name the mommies? It's a cool story. BTW I usually name my plants as soon as I see some of their characteristics and personality so the name has some meaning too... it always helps to tell an entertaining story.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    Elizabeth wuz best friends with Mary, mother of Jesus, and she wuz also mother of John the Baptist.

Distant cousin maybe. The Blue Hellfire came from ##> Project HELLFIRE <##, which started back on Overgrow...sister Elizabeth here is one of the originals. It started with a 2 packs of seeds, Blueberry from DJ Short, and Afghani from Sensi Seeds. My buddy Mudro (God) did an accidental pollination of a female BB with a male Afi...we playfully dubbed the cross "Hellfire". Wasn't blue enough for me, so I took a different BB female and pollinated her with a Hellfire male...theoretically makin it 75% BB, 25% Afi.

The BH is not very potent, but has a good aroma & flavor...so I keep a mom & dad fer breedin purposes. Well I happened to be testing a Kali Mist dad out, and the Blue Hellfire x Kali Mist batch of progeny all turned out quite good. So sister Elizabeth will jus be carryin on the good work.
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

nice seed collection bob! can't wait for the rest of my life haha

me and my roomie just got 4 CFL's kinda small they're 26 watts each. hopfully that'll be enough for one plant at a time.
    for our first its super small budget. we spend like 50 on a reflector those lights and a temp/humidity meter. Thinking about useing some good ol' mountain soil so we don't have to buy any at this point since its so simple. just wanna see if we can do it.

Wheew you must be tired Bob, the grow journals are blowing up these days!
    I am the high in one eye guy...(O)(*)

Ye can't teach an old dog new tricks, but ye can't teach a dumb one any.

Rey de Reyes.

I wish I had a seed stash like that. You can tell that's the stash of an experienced wise man.

Quote Originally Posted by evilempirer9 View Post
    Wheew you must be tired Bob, the grow journals are blowing up these days!
    You ain't justa shittin.

Itsa mixed bag for me...

...one the one hand I love watchin folks learn to grow, and folks who just show their grow...

...on the other hand, itsa lotta Qs at times.

When I jus up & disappear....you'll know I cracked.

“The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool

^^^ Well, don't disappear... Teach me and I'll help with the Q&A on Soil when you take your much needed vacations...

Now let's cut this shit up...
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Don't think that shit goes unnoticed Bob..

..You're an asset to this community. if there were some way to repay you i'm sure we would. until then...thanks for the help.

Very true ^

charge by the word lol

Hey all

Shady, LAAD, GRoly, Gilley, evilempirer9, dgaf, Richard, baked, sfzoo, n3mo, and all you lurkers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
    ...you reminded me of your ever evolving Hellfire experiment, can we get a quick history on that in here for the people that don't wanna spend the time hopping sites.
    Yer not gonna find anything at other sites...Both sites with a project thread, OG & PG, have disappeared. Tis the nature of the net.

On our first order of seeds, Mudro & I got some DJ Short Blueberry and some Sensi Seeds Afghani from Emery. We did the Blueberry first & got several females. Pollen wuz collected from the males, they were chopped, then we tried pollinating the females...wrong order, the pollen din't take. Next we did the Afghani. This time we pollinated with the males insteada collectin it, waited a coupla days to make sure the hairs shriveled up, then chopped the males...and of course some got on a Blueberry too. Thus wuz born the Hellfire...Blueberry x Afghani.

We sent these Hellfire seeds to a buncha folks & started the Project HELLFIRE thread on OverGrow, so folks could compare & share, and learn a lil aboot breeding. People were encouraged to play around with it & share their results. Unfortunately the Afghani wuz pure crap, so the Hellfire din't turn out all that good. I later bred a different Blueberry female, from the original batch, with a male Hellfire to make Blue Hellfire, and I still have aboot 30-40 seeds of that fer future work.

Every once ina while I see someone workin with somethin that's got some Hellfire in it, but generally speakin it's fallen by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    ...I didn't realize you named your plants as well...
    Those names were project members...i.e. sister Elizabeth = Pistillate

Well, Mudro & I had a bit of a discussion concernin my ambition fer the upcoming season.....and I've determined I'm trying to do too much. Several things factor into the big picture fer me. I like to play around with new stuff, but new stuff doesn't necessarily put dank in yer bowl. This past season I raised some fine lookin cannabis fer the compost pile. It happens. Also, Mudro has no grow goin, so I am supplying both of us...the "extra mouth to feed" came up in our lil discussion. Plus I'm usually overly optimistic aboot wut I think I kin accomplish.

So.... I'm adjusting my plans. The seeds have not bin planted yet, I am focusin on stockin up on smoke first. I will be startin some here shortly, but it will not be the whole line-up....I am gonna spread that out over the whole season insteada tryin to do 'em all at once. I'm gonna do the Maui Mist x Purple Lightning first...then do the Maui Mist x Puna Budder once the MMxPL go to the flowering room. I'm also gonna do the C99 x (C99 x Peak19) and the Spice x Blue Hellfire right away...it's only 5 seeds total, so I wanna git 'em outta my seed box. Once things git rollin, I'll pick either the MTF or Viet Combo to do...and the other will most likely hafta wait fer another season.

I'm hungry now....time to go eat.
    Last edited by Butcher Bob; 07-27-2009 at 01:06 PM.