Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 25 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132333575125 ... LastLast

for hittability, and price, look into something "mini". it would sit about 12-14 inches tall and probably be a smaller bore. you can get straights from toro and wicked sands then add a small ac for some volume if ya need it. or WS has nice mini's with a tree section in the middle, 10 arm if im not mistaken. those are cool. good thing about the mini, you can add the ac for volume, like i said, or grab an oil bell and hit that oil in a PERFECT size tube
    I and AND the good so if you got that bud you can

B L A Z E D

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Oh man, I'm glad Bob typed all that stuff and you glass experts answered... I had a lot of similar questions that are now answered. Shit, you guys got me thinkin' that the 44x4 is small and thin...

P.S. Nice tubes BakedDude and CaliShark!!!
    Its on the thin side BUT if you treat it with as much love as you do your plants it will be just fine. The smaller bore is actually awesome imho, faster clear for sure. It will make the fact you have a perc in there ALMOST null on how the tube pulls compared to a 50x5 with no perc from my experiences.

Account Closed

Thin? lol wut

Thats the bore, not the glass thickness.

4mm is on the thin side for a bong, no? A bong with a smaller bore and thinner glass provides a hit similar to a thicker bong(4x44) with a larger bore(7/9x50), no? I thought we were collecting these 7 and 9mm tubes for a reason, chief running water.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Money View Post
    Thin? lol wut

Thats the bore, not the glass thickness.
    44x4 (44mm being the bore, 4mm being the thickness) is rather thin.

5mm has been the norm for a while, especially for RooR lovers, so anything smaller than 5mm is normally regarded as thin.

Btw, you should be more respectful especially considering you joined only weeks ago.
    TF1 Member #303
    My Current Grow Journal:
    Gilley Grows Medicine

Toke City Comic Book Club
    I love and

"Known to smoke a whole mountain of hash, to the ash..." -MF Doom

Account Closed

I wasnt aware 4mm is considered thin.
    My 4mm tubes have suited me and my somewhat clumsy friends just fine.

And I missed the 4mm part, to be honest, thats why I said bore.

RooR .de; perhaps the most revered company in the world for glass quality/standards has tubes down to 3.2mm.

Just info.....up to you Bob. But deff get some good glass; I like my glass more than I like my cannabis(and I LOVE my cannabis)
    Last edited by Got Money; 10-08-2009 at 10:49 PM.

44x4 is a good tube. I would go with 45x5 though. Just a little more sturdy.

I suggested a mini beaker to bob. 14" w/ I think 38mm tubing. Great tube!
    TC Staff

“The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Hmmm, just measured my ghetto tube and I think I had better get the 45x5... Which based on my glass education tonight from you guys means an inner diameter bore of 45mm, with a glass thickness of 5mm, resulting in a total outside diameter of 55mm. Thx for everyone's help!!!
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Are we in the glass forums

Hi Bob [and all], haven't dropped in in a while.

I'm going to have to agree with Scheize on that 14" mini-beaker w/ 38mm tubing - great dd if you keep it clean

And on the grow side of things - excellent work bob, I look forward to seeing how your work plays out

You're close shady. 45 is the outside diameter and 5 is the thickness. So it's 45-5-5 to be a 35 inner "bore".
    TC Staff