Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 40 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3032333435363738394041424344454647485090140 ... LastLast
    “The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob Pics View Post
    They're all alternating, but the stubborn bastards ain't showin me any pre-flowers. So I trimmed up the bottom of the plants...

...and off to the flowering room they go. I'm expecting them to go anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks in flower to fully finish...hopin closer to 8 weeks.
    This is gonna be a good one. I'm finally gettin' over my hesitation to trim the bottom canopy off like that, but it's very important for proper yield and use of the plants resources... BTW, can you refresh my memory on the strain lineage here?

Quote Originally Posted by sfzoo View Post
    I feel ya on the 'personae' aspect of online existence...its sorta that myspace style of create your own image - even if it doesn't reflect your true self. You have chosen to create a helpful image, a far cry from those vein, conceited paths that some people take to popularize themselves.
    I concur... It was Butcher Bob's posts and persona that made me join TC. On a side note...
    Quote Originally Posted by sfzoo View Post
    My point is, for some of us, we need someone like you or Shady to nudge us down the right path to find what we need on our own.

so.......thanks!
    I like Bruce Lee and Jeet Kune Do... Take what works for you, discard the rest. My thoughts are always looking to experiment... Understand what changes I make and correlate that to the plant's reaction. Speak its language someday... I forgot... also adapt to your opponent and environment. You can't fight everyone the same way. Ahh, I'm lit right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post

Pics have now bin editted in!

Post #'s 333, 334, 336, 337, 338, 374, & 381 have all had pics editted into them.

Gotta Bump this quote so I don't forget to read them and the section on genetics and cross breeding...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudro View Post
    Hey there Shady! I’ve heard a lot about you and Toke city as well .
    This is the COOL place to be right? I know my low temps are 60, so I need to be at a COOL place and I’m likin what I see here already. That thread of yours was one hell of a read. And well worth it.
    Sup Mudro! Glad you liked it! I like your engaging questions... Gets my mind spinning and thinkin' outside the box... That's where I like to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudro View Post
    Yup, I see he has a very similar style to HempKat.
    HempKat sounds like a cool cat for sure. It'd be great to get him on TC someday... It's great to have a wealth of experience and support.
    Last edited by Shady; 12-11-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob Pics View Post
    Butcher Bob!
    It frustrates me, when folks think I know the answer to everything....when I give an answer it's automatically assumed to be right....when folks look at me like a <shiver> grow guru. I might have more knowledge & experience than most, but I am no different than any of y'all. Anybody willing to make the sacrifice fer good equipment & knowledge, could bury my performance in a hurry. I'm not a very optimal or efficient grower.

Wut makes it that way?...I like to help folks. It's that simple. When I first started postin in on-line forums, I befriended someone whom I admired fer their knowledge...Uncle Ben. Now I wuz no stranger to Ben...I had lurked fer a coupla years before registering a handle. I knew he had a bit of an ego, I watched him argue with the other knowledgeable folks all the time. I knew he wuz a cantankerous old coot, he could git pretty ornery. But he had a quality that I try to emulate...he wuz always willin to help someone, no matter wut their level of knowledge & experience, no matter how many hours he spent doing it...he helped people.
    Bob man ur humility is something that everyone should try to emulate. I think that what you have done is great for the community, and of course no one knows everything. So with that being said I got to give you for being what everyone on a forum should be: a source of knowledge and respect. I haven't posted on here in a while, but I read this and had to give you props for being good people, and continuing on after your loss of genetics. So keep up the good work dood, I'll be keepin an eye on ur projects. take it ez. pz.

Yo Bob, I was peepin' through other grow sites, and I stumbled upon this thread about "Purple Afghan" by British Hempire Seeds.

I remember you talking about having an old school PA so I figured you might want to look into these.

The breeder seems very knowledgeable, and very selective about the parents he uses(lots of stress tests for each parent to make sure they are stable), and he said he had great results crossing the PA with pure sativas.
    TF1 Member #303
    My Current Grow Journal:
    Gilley Grows Medicine

Toke City Comic Book Club
    I love and

"Known to smoke a whole mountain of hash, to the ash..." -MF Doom

Hey all

sfzoo, 420smoker024, echoespf, Gilley, adept, CaliShark, rockinphx, Shady, Chunky Fire, and all you lurkers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    ... BTW, can you refresh my memory on the strain lineage here?
    Maui Mist x Purple Lightning...both were offerings from British Columbia Seed Company...I hit my MM mother with any number of PL males.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
    Yo Bob, I was peepin' through other grow sites, and I stumbled upon this thread about "Purple Afghan" by British Hempire Seeds.

I remember you talking about having an old school PA so I figured you might want to look into these.

The breeder seems very knowledgeable, and very selective about the parents he uses(lots of stress tests for each parent to make sure they are stable), and he said he had great results crossing the PA with pure sativas.
    Yeah, I remember chattin with some dude that sed he wuz workin with some Purple Afghani...back on PG I think...looks like the same stuff. He seemed to be rather adamant that the Purple Afghani that Mudro got fer us from an old-timer, wuz NOT the same as wut he had. I wuz never quite sure how he wuz so certain, unless he wuz jus usin the name, thinkin it hadn't bin used before. Regardless, wut we got is not wut he has...not even close.

Back from a lil hiatis up to Mudro's. We got him set up with two lines of power to his new room. We gamed the shit outta Borderlands, and I picked up the game as well so we kin play on Live. We stopped at our buddy's head shop, & I got me a coupla glass screens, and some beeline to try. Stopped at another buddy's grow shop, cuz I needed a bulb, and he ended up givin me some tobacco seeds that are acclimated to our climate. And...I got two lil surprises...but I got a ton of threads to catch up on before I kin put pics in my gallery...so you'll jus hafta wait to see 'em......
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Great Lakes & Mono Lake & Lake Okeechobee

and some beeline to try
    Never tried it before?? I really do dig it!!!!

^^^ Yup, Beeline + Bic is nice when traveling, but Bob I really do recommend you trying one of these Hakko soldering irons out, the difference is night and day, I remember my first hit with the Hakko, the flavor alone nearly floored me.

Yeah, I remember chattin with some dude that sed he wuz workin with some Purple Afghani...back on PG I think...looks like the same stuff. He seemed to be rather adamant that the Purple Afghani that Mudro got fer us from an old-timer, wuz NOT the same as wut he had. I wuz never quite sure how he wuz so certain, unless he wuz jus usin the name, thinkin it hadn't bin used before. Regardless, wut we got is not wut he has...not even close.
    Heh, for some reason I figured they wouldn't be the same, well when you do some crossing with yours lemme know I'd like to see what comes of that.

However, I was reading through his thread, and I now have a new love for Sativas, and I think my next purchase of seeds is going to be as close to a pure sally as possible.
    Last edited by Gilley; 12-16-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    TF1 Member #303
    My Current Grow Journal:
    Gilley Grows Medicine

Toke City Comic Book Club
    I love and

"Known to smoke a whole mountain of hash, to the ash..." -MF Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
    ^^^ Yup, Beeline + Bic is nice when traveling, but Bob I really do recommend you trying one of these Hakko soldering irons out, the difference is night and day, I remember my first hit with the Hakko, the flavor alone nearly floored me.
    Yeah hakko FTW bob try it, its a blast perfecting your technique every rip

Hey all

echoespf, Gilley, 420smoker024, and all you lurkers out there.

The beeline works pretty good, but itsa bitch to hafta put it out each time....a hakko is on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilley
    ...well when you do some crossing with yours lemme know I'd like to see what comes of that.
    I don't know that I'll do any breeding with it...it's pretty unique all on it's own. But I will eventually be growin it out to find a good mother at least....probly do an open pollination to preserve the genetics too.

Ok, I got pics uploaded of my two lil surprises...

The first is Hawaii Maui Waui from The Sativa Seedbank...

Sex : Regular
    Type : Sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics : Tropical sativa
    Flowering Time : Medium
    Outdoor Harvest : Unknown
    Height : Medium
    THC Level : High
    Characteristics : Smooth, fruity-herbal flavour

Sativa Seeds Hawaii Maui Waui is a lanky tropical sativa which has long been one of the main attractions of the Hawaiian Islands. This strain has a citrusy aroma, a smooth, fruity-herbal flavour and an inspiring buzz.
    This is a strain from true old school genetics, which means it is not as overpowering as modern indoor strains tend to be. Through years of careful inbreeding, we finally have managed to capture that elusive Valley Island taste. A strong sativa, the Hawaii Maui Waui cross is both a great indoor plant as it is an outdoor one. Since there are years of inbreeding behind the F1 hybrid strain, the genetics of the plant are more resilient than most other indoor plants. The plant grows thick, round leaves first, yet later thin leaves appear as the plant matures. Hawaii Maui Waui really grows best when given a lot of attention-light, soil and nutrients are crucial to this plant's well-being. When cultivated correctly, Hawaii Maui Waui gives off a strong buzz. Very heady and cerebral. A definite cannabis connoisseur strain to try! Harvest outdoors is August/September and it takes her cannabis seeds 7-8 weeks to flower.

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk.../prod_951.html

The second is Hawaiian Maui Wowie Skunk from High Quality Seeds...

Sex : Regular
    Type : Mostly sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod
    Genetics :
    Flowering Time : Medium, Long
    Outdoor Harvest : September - October
    Height : Tall
    THC Level : 8-15%
    Characteristics : Stoney yet High; All-Around Buzz

High Quality Original Hawaiian Maui Wowie is a large plant with thick round leaves until it reaches maturity. Real Hawaiian characteristics, a tropical smell and taste.

Plant Height: Tall; Mostly Sativa
    Buzz Type: Stoney yet High; All-Around Buzz
    T.H.C. Level: Medium; 8-15%
    Weeks Flowering : 8-10
    Yield (Dried grams per square meter in a Sea of Green): 400-500
    Harvest Month: September - October

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk...d&productId=84

Both packs were ordered through The Attitude Seedbank

I also have two more packs of Hawaii x Skunk from Nirvana comin, but them were ordered from Doc at a later time.

My main genetic interest is the Maui Waui lineage, so I have tried many different "Hawaiian" strains...

Puna Budder from T.H. Seeds
    Looking for something exotic? Superior Hawaiian genetics dominate the plants appearance, smell, and taste. Stable Afghan lines smooth out the flowering times to a respectable 55-60 days, making this an ideal plant

Type : Indica / Sativa
    Height : 120-150 cm
    Yield : 300-350 p.s.m.
    Flowering Time :Ę 55 - 60 days

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=p_puna
    Maui Mist from British Columbia Seed Company
    Lineage: Haze x Hawaiian(F-1 hybrid)
    Family: Unknown or mixed family
    Origin: North America
    Region: USA
    Genotype: Sativa
    Indoor Maturation: 70 to 75 days
    Outdoor Maturation: Not Listed
    Sex Possibilities: Standard (M/F)
    Stature: Somewhat tall and lanky
    Yield: 8
    Odor Level: Not Listed
    Odor Description: beautiful tropical scent
    Taste Level: Not Listed
    Taste Description: Not Listed

Breeder's Description - 'Maui Mist'

Talk about taste! This F-1 hybrid between our Hawaiian Indica and a pure Haze has an extreme Sativa high with a beautiful tropical scent. Pure Haze is very difficult to grow indoors because it grows too tall and takes forever to flower. By crossing Haze with our Hawaiian, we have succeeded in bringing down the height and flowering time to a reasonable level. Good yield of connoisseur buds.

http://www.druglibrary.org/straingui...ist/index.html
    Cherrybomb from Mr. Greengenes
    100% Maui Waui selected for the "cherry" pheno over 20+ years by Mr. Greengenes.

Hawaii x Skunk from Nirvana
    Original Maui Waui crossed with Dutch Skunk 1, a mostly Indica strain. Hawaiian x Skunk produces a strong physical up high, relatively smooth smoke, slightly spicy hashish flavor. Plant is generally skinny and round in shape outdoor and can be grown indoors/greenhouse as well. Hawaiian x Skunk has broad leaves which begin to sparkle when reaching maturity.

Plant height: Tall Plant
    Stoned or high?: High SATIVA
    THC level: High THC
    Flowering Weeks: 7/8
    Yield : 450
    Harvest Month: 8/9

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=NV-hawaii
    Spice by Shantibaba at Mr. Nice Seeds
    Spice up your life with MRS. NICE! She is bubbling with rapid growth , well endowed and an absolute beauty as her name suggests. Her pedigree has blossomed out of the union of a Hawaiian indica x Hawaiian sativa and is a stable hybrid that no curry eater can live without.Probably one of the most upright self supporting plants you will ever grow Spice finishes within 9 weeks but you can find a phenotype that will be ready in 7 weeks with some good selection. Spice is a good all round plant that would be welcome into any garden.This is a plant that would win a beauty show if it wore a bikini...asthetically she is a tribute to mother nature .Large sprayed out leaves, a thick strong stem and a green color deep and rich...Put some SPICE into your life!

http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=34

The Puna Budder and the Spice were only average, so they got culled from my garden. The Maui Mist is very close to the Monkey Paw I smoked in my youth, so I kept a mother. The Hawaii x Skunk is the closest thing I've found that resembles the Maui Waui I remember from my youth, so I kept a mother. And the Cherrybomb is 100% MW, has good potency, but lacks the flavor & aroma I'm after, so I kept the best mother fer future breeding work.

My plans at the moment, are to find a good male candidate from each of the three varieties (the Hawaii x Skunk from Nivana, the Hawaii Maui Waui from Sativa Seeds, and the Hawaiian Maui Wowie Skunk from High Quality Seeds), and to mate them with Mr. G's Cherrybomb, in the hopes that they might refresh some of the genes that have been eliminated during his selections over the years. With any luck, one of the combinations will turn out something that interests me.

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    Last edited by Butcher Bob; 12-17-2009 at 07:51 PM.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Great Lakes & Mono Lake & Lake Okeechobee

The beeline works pretty good, but itsa bitch to hafta put it out each time....
    Ya I totally agree..That is my only bitch with it...I like the idea...My buddy, Jackos420, gots a Soldering Iron and I love it

Nice lookin genetics you got there...I really dig The Attitude...stress free beans thus far!!

“The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool

The beeline works pretty good, but itsa bitch to hafta put it out each time....a hakko is on my list.
    Man, I was thinkin' the same thing... I had to switch hands to drop the beeline and pull the bowl. Hakko sounds real good...

And the Cherrybomb is 100% MW, has good potency, but lacks the flavor & aroma I'm after, so I kept the best mother fer future breeding work.
    I still have to read and refresh my memory of genetic alleles... So what traits are generally carried on for mothers vs fathers?
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW