Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 65 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1555575859606162636465666768697071727375115 ... LastLast
    Great Lakes & Mono Lake & Lake Okeechobee

Good point...Happy 4th!!

Hey all

smoothmovez, LCS420, Kat, edux10, Keen, echoespf, and all you lurkers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LCS420 View Post
    ...spidermites...what are your opinions on predators such as: Phytoseiulus persimilis, Mesoseiulus longipes, Neoseiulus californicus, Galendromus occidentalis?
    The one thing I've never tried is predators. But from wut I've seen when other folks use them, is that they are quite effective. Me?...Ima chemical baby, I'll poison them fukkers & be fine with it. But I do it with small clones, so any treated vegitation will not be around come harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by HempKat View Post
    That's very possible and likely as those beans were the direct product of crossing two different strains grown from the store bought seeds. So there has been nothing done to identify phenotypes and/or isolate the most desirable phenotype.
    So F1's then. Should be fairly uniform accross the board. However we know not all breeders have strict standards, so some variation may come through. Or if the two parents are not different enough, variation kin show up at the F1 level.

Well I've bin away fer a bit agin....back to playin catch-up. Lotsa shit gits posted in just a week or two.

Went up to see Mudro & Son's (in-law) new property...hung out at the bro's lake house fer a while...had some friends move back from Florida fer the summer...basically jus bin maxin & relaxin.

Gotta chop down my last batch of the season...then it's scrub time. Then I kin sort through the parent plants to see who's still alive. Gonna hafta try to retrieve any lost desirables from the boys up north. Once I determine wut I kin salvage, & eradicate the parasites, I kin select the seed batches to start fer the new season's run. Still gonna be tight to git things in line to be able to flip the switch fer flower on Sept 1st.

Bin smokin on a lotta The Pure lately, gonna hafta git another pack of seeds to replace the mommie I lost. Nice, potent, mellow buzz...good music weed.

And all those smoke reports I gotta do....buzy, buzy, buzy...

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Glad to see you are back Bob. Will definitely tune in to your smoke reports and everything.

Happy smoking.
    KGB

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your relax time. Great thread, I'll be lurkin around it from now on for sure

bob i want smoke reports. Also grats on ur first glass
    My current.... Buds forming 2k+ room and a 1k roomhttp://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=38521

my legal grow build

Ranks right up there with trying a Strobe light because of some crazy "the plant only absorbs light in phases" theory...

Bob, I just read your post again and it sounds like you are flowering for 6 months. How many different harvest occur in that time, or are you flowering one set for 6 months? If it's one set, does it mean that these are sativas with long harvest windows? I'm asking because i want to understand the proper signs of when to ripen/flush/harvest/cure such as trichome color and calyx size (not quantity)... hope this wasn't a stupid question from a newb like me

Beautiful.

opcorn:

Your inbox is full, Butcher Bob.

Hey all

KGB, Skywizard, vial, johard, chick, and all you lurkers ot there.

Wut to smoke, wut to smoke.....Maui Mist, Kali Mist, Cherrybomb, Shiva Skunk x Blueberry, Hawaii x Skunk, Honey Haze, Big Bud, The Pure...soma Hashcraver's Blueberry...maybe start evaluatin fer a smoke report, seein as I got a sample of White Widow, one of Maui Mist x Purple Lightning, 3 samples of Northern Kush, and 6 samples of Maple Leaf...or possibly one of the many piles of hash I got layin around? Hmmm, decisions decisions... Well the White Widow it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by johard59 View Post
    Bob, I just read your post again and it sounds like you are flowering for 6 months. How many different harvest occur in that time, or are you flowering one set for 6 months? If it's one set, does it mean that these are sativas with long harvest windows? I'm asking because i want to understand the proper signs of when to ripen/flush/harvest/cure such as trichome color and calyx size (not quantity)... hope this wasn't a stupid question from a newb like me
    I run the flower room 9 months a year....I now avoid the 3 hottest months in the summer. During that 9 months, I put things to flower sporadically...whenever stuff is ready. I've done strains that have taken anywhere from 7 to 20 weeks to flower....most fall between 8-12 weeks. Scheduling kin be a pain, cuz I don't wanna over crowd, and I try to finish the season all at once.

Knowing the maturity comes with experience. We kin git approximate times...we kin watch the signs...but until you do different harvests of the same plant, you don't really know which is optimal. Plus there's personal tastes that come into play...some folk like early harvest, some like late harvest. My personal cue is when I see mostly cloudy trichs, with aboot 10% amber. It's just a matter of havin a baseline, and tryin different deviations from it to see if there is any improvement...like harvesting some at each of 7, 8, & 9 weeks if ya got and 8 week strain. By doin this, you will start to be able to tell how you prefer to do it.

...and no questions are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by chick norris View Post
    Beautiful.

Your inbox is full...
    Do I know you?....I git the feelin I've blazed with you ina mountain cabin before.

I'll go delete some space right now.

I bin tryin to keep up here at TC....still bin buzy. Got a coupla folks probly still watin on responses from me...don't worry, I'll git to ya eventually, have patience. Got another smoke report & some gardening updates, but gotta wait til I git caught up first.

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

to everyone.

Do I know you?....I git the feelin I've blazed with you ina mountain cabin before

Give me your feet.
    yezzz. You know me fairly well. I thought maybe you'd recognize this incarnation. There was another attempt to send you a message, but from what I can see, it was a failed attempt.

So as to not make this a hello highjack (hahha), I will just tell you one of the things in my message.
    I'm back in the saddle again. I took a stroll down memory lane through my seed collection and all the Hellfire F1's and such brought a spark to my eye. 6 seeds are now working their little big magic.
    (I've been into oxymorons as of late)

2 of my 3 lights made it back from storage...the 3rd one must have walked away. Interestingly enough, the light keeper storage provider has access to some perty stuff

I miss growing.

plus, I've just watched the first three seasons of Weeds. Who has that many problems?

my turned into opcorn up there. phoooey.

with all those amazing options of smoke, Bob, White Widow seems a good fit to a great start.

miss you.

Ello dah-link...is goot to av you back.

Tween the "chick norris" and the teal, it wuz purdy obvious.

Make sure to pet the Kitty...we got him to stroll thru the City on his rounds. Hashcraver & Keen show up occassionally as well. And Pistillate is still Mod Squad here. I'm sure they'd all love to hear from ya.

Howz the old folks up on the hill? Thought aboot the old man when I seen Massey murdered 29 guys. He musta bin spittin nails. Tell 'em both I sez "Hi".

If you have the need fer seed, lemme know. Screw them Hellfire F1s, we kin make sure ya got sumthin betta than that.

Smokin soma the Northern Kush this mornin.

...oh, and I'll turn my IM back on.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##