Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1959616263646566676869707172737475767779119 ... LastLast
    “The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    ...BUT, now they're in the dirt, under the 400w HPS in the veg room, waitin to sprout.
    That's an impressive lineup Bob! Just curious about your use of the 400W for veggin' seedlings from germination; seems like you could save a bit on the electric bill with some fluoros for the first 2 weeks...
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Hell yes!!

Been waiting patiently to see another one of your grows, bob. Good luck with the test grows...hopefully you find something you like, even though you're not keeping cuts..

I'd love to see some shots of your veggie garden, if ya got any lying around.
    Stadium215: Vertical Coco Garden

git back to our roots as human beings. .....
    realize wut creates actual wealth & value.....
    git back a true sense of community, where neighbors actually help each other, as opposed to not even knowing each other. ...
    get in tune with the earth through agriculture & ecology.
    become less wasteful.
    -Everyone's favorite Butcher

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work
    -Thomas Alva Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    While not a "killer" smoke....overall, this wuz a very pleasurable strain to smoke & evaluate. Thank you fer that opportunity Kat. I probly woulda kept #3 fer a bit if it hadn't a bin fer them fukkin bugs.

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd have to say you hit it on the head with your report as I can not think of any additional point to add. I wasn't able to come up with as definitive description of tastes and smells as you but what you described sounds like how I remember it.

im so in for this
    My current.... Buds forming 2k+ room and a 1k roomhttp://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=38521

my legal grow build

Ranks right up there with trying a Strobe light because of some crazy "the plant only absorbs light in phases" theory...

I found three had sprouted this mornin.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Ten more this mornin.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

do you have any other heat source for seedlings besides your lamp? i know some use heat to speed up the process...any benefit or truth to that?
    Stadium215: Vertical Coco Garden

git back to our roots as human beings. .....
    realize wut creates actual wealth & value.....
    git back a true sense of community, where neighbors actually help each other, as opposed to not even knowing each other. ...
    get in tune with the earth through agriculture & ecology.
    become less wasteful.
    -Everyone's favorite Butcher

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work
    -Thomas Alva Edison

what flavor popped first?

Hey all

Shady, sfzoo, Kat, vial, Craver, and all you lurkers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Just curious about your use of the 400W for veggin' seedlings from germination; seems like you could save a bit on the electric bill with some fluoros for the first 2 weeks...
    Eh, the 400w only eats aboot $20-25/month, so no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by sfzoo View Post
    I'd love to see some shots of your veggie garden, if ya got any lying around.
    Din't git any shots of the garden, but I'll try to git one of the whole area.

Quote Originally Posted by sfzoo View Post
    do you have any other heat source for seedlings besides your lamp? i know some use heat to speed up the process...any benefit or truth to that?
    No, I don't use anything. It's aboot 60* up there, maybe a bit less at nite, bit more durin lights on. I know folks use heat pads, but I seen Mudro kill too many that way. B'sides, seeds sprout in the spring, when it ain't all that warm yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcraver View Post
    what flavor popped first?
    I think the PB wuz the first one.

As of this mornin, I'm half way there....31 sprouts.
    The breakdown so far...
    Puna Budder...8/10
    Hawaiian Skunk x Puna Budder...8/10
    Maui Mist x Puna Budder...5/10
    Maui Mist x Sensi Skunk...7/10
    Kali Mist...3/5
    Pure Power Plant...0/5
    Spice x Blue Hellfire...0/1
    Purple Afghani...0/10

So I'm 28/40 on testers, and 3/21 on the mommie search. I give seeds 2 weeks to pop up, before I give up on them. The testers are easy to plan, cuz they jus run thru and are done...it's keepin clones fer the mommie search that usually takes up the room. So if I don't git many more sprouts on that side of things, Ima drop some more.

If I git none of the PPP, then I'll drop (5) C99 x (C99 x Peak 19). These are a cross Uncle Ben and Marksurfs made. Same deal, males will be culled, female clones will be saved fer mommie testing.

If I git none of the PA, then I will scarify, soak, and drop 10 more into the same cups....in case any of the first set come up in 'em. Possible I'll git nothing here...these were beans Mudro had bin storin.

If I end up droppin more seeds, I got a coupla other oddballs to throw in...
    (3) (Schnazzleberry x Calizahr) x (Mystic Orange or Schnazzleberry x Calizahr or C99 x Calizahr)...daddy wuz one of those three. These were made by chick norris.
    (2) Big Bud x ?...got no idea who daddy is.

'Nother 8 days and I'll evaluate whether I need to drop any additional beans.

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Well, looks like I'll have a full batch of testers. The count as of today, one week in the soil...

Puna Budder...10/10
    Hawaiian Skunk x Puna Budder...10/10
    Maui Mist x Puna Budder...8/10
    Maui Mist x Sensi Skunk...9/10

...and I have already decided wut Ima do fer the next testers batch. Keepin in line with the work of the first batch, I'll be doin more progeny testin...this time lookin at the Sensi Skunk as the male parent. The next round will git dropped in 3 more weeks, and will consist of...

(10) Sensi Skunk
    (10) (SSxB) x Sensi Skunk
    (10) Big Bud x Sensi Skunk
    (10) Big Bud x Puna Budder

This should give me a good comparison along with the first batch. I will be using these tests not only to learn the breeding aspects, but also to decide which ones I'll do mother searches for.

No change however, on the mommie search...

Kali Mist...3/5
    Pure Power Plant...0/5
    Spice x Blue Hellfire...0/1
    Purple Afghani...0/10

So I'm 37/40 on testers, and 3/21 on the mommie search...looks like I'll be soakin more seeds next Wednesday. Unfortunately I think there's a good chance the second round of PA will produce nothing as well...so Ima put the Honey Haze on deck, in case the PA don't sprout at all.
    Last edited by Butcher Bob; 10-07-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##