Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 87 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3777798081828384858687888990919293949597137 ... LastLast

Primo dude!
    Big Wednesday (1978)
    Matt Johnson: And I even passed out in your closet, but I never, and I don't know who could have if I didn't, but I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

Rest in peace Hennessey 2011-07-28

...llessuЯ...

Are ya in for a road trip Bob?

I am re starting upstairs and am now mite free as of now anyways. The other place is now almost down and gone. Mites and carbon monoxide poisoning didn't help in the past year so with everything going on here, one place with a small grow till winter like Hempkat does.

I have going, 4 way fuel, Blueberry Kush x Ogre, Maple Leaf Indica (Mudro's ) Derailed Blues that are just now popping and I have a package of goodies from HK so I am looking at starting some of the Godbud x Cheese he made, would that be called Gods Cheese, Lord Cheese, Colby Jack or what do you think HK?

the drawings for hippies vaporizer looks like something a madman drew after a dream! it's amazing though. cant wait to see the mmXss, looks like a winner!

Bob had to give the vid card away. Cleaned the office, Some guy was talking about his kid getting starcraft 2 for xmas and he couldnt aford a card for his son to play his xmas present. So it went to a good home... Sorry m8 i was trying to hold it for you.
    My current.... Buds forming 2k+ room and a 1k roomhttp://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=38521

my legal grow build

Ranks right up there with trying a Strobe light because of some crazy "the plant only absorbs light in phases" theory...

Looking good.
    frostyy420 aka med grower

RIP Cane

Hey all

islandratbastard, Craver, RhymeNocerous, vial, Frostyy, and all you lurkers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcraver View Post
    Are ya in for a road trip Bob?
    I am...in fact I'm goin on one in the mornin...to the folks'.
    Bin tryin to git Mudro headed, but I think he's too broke to move. I gotta git coverage fer my ride, b'fore I'll leave town.

...I have a package of goodies from HK so I am looking at starting some of the Godbud x Cheese he made, would that be called Gods Cheese, Lord Cheese, Colby Jack or what do you think HK?
    Godbud x Cheese?...God's Cheese?...food from God?...Mana.
    ...but only if it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by vial View Post
    Bob had to give the vid card away.
    No problem. You've helped me already, better to spread that shit around.

...and, the final tease...fer this batch...
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Maui Mist x Sensi Skunk Smoke Report

These were done as part of a test to evaluate Puna Budder as a father. These seeds were made during the original grow of a half a pack of Sensi Skunk from Sensi Seed Bank. A female selected from a pack of Maui Mist from British Columbia Seed Company was pollinated by all the Sensi Skunk males.

Days in flower: 79
    Curing since: 3/26/11

6/10/11 - A looser bud structure, but still more dense than either of the parents. Heavily minty, pine aroma...very slight fruity bubblegum undertone. Bit of lemon/citrus comes on when broken up. Earthy/woody flavor...lil harsh, quite spicy. The buzz is mostly head...kinda average.

6/10/11 - Buds are denser than either parent...pretty tight fer mostly sativa. Lightly pepper'd with male flowers late in flower. Mostly pine with a hint of mint fer aroma. Wow, one that actually tastes like it smells...mostly pine with a hint of mint. Bit of a bite as well. Good buzz on this one...pretty even body/head, mellow, pretty long-lastin. This one would be a keeper.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

Evaluation of Puna Budder as a father

Yields:
    Puna Budder - .67oz / .71oz / .66oz = .68oz average
    (Hawaii x Skunk #1) x Puna budder - .70oz / .65oz / .50oz = .62oz average
    Maui Mist x Puna Budder - .49oz / .55oz / .57oz = .54oz average
    Maui Mist x Sensi Skunk - .78oz / .72oz = .75oz average

...in propagation within the strain:
    This batch came out aboot identical to the way I remember the plants from the original pack. Seemed slightly more trich covered, but that could jus be my perception. The aroma, flavor, & potency, are pretty much the same. Seeding this strain seems to have stable progeny, that turn out like the parents...which is wut I would expect from an IBL strain like this. It has proven to me, to be a strain worth perpetuating, through seed propagation.

...in crossing with Hawaii x Skunk #1:
    Both parents appear to have contributed to overall structure...with the flowers leanin towards mom. The HS seems to have influenced the aroma more, where as the PB seems to have influenced the flavor more. The potency wuz ranged, so the PB din't have complete control over this. The crossin of the two came out decent & worthwhile...the use of a PB daddy worked fine in this instance.

...in crossing with Maui Mist:
    Both parent strains have better overall structure...yielding structure seems to be less likely in progeny. Bud structure takes on the Puna Budder traits, and beyond...it is dense, unlike the airier sativa bud structure of the Maui Mist. The Maui Mist had mostly a cerebral buzz, whereas these progeny are much more narcotic in nature. These are not as uniform as the two strains above, so selection would definitely be needed. Overall the use of the PB daddy worked decent...but the really good progeny are hit-n-miss.

...compared to Sensi Skunk as a father:
    Overall structure of the plants in each case took on the trait from the father. As far as aroma, flavor, & potency, both strains did quite well as the father. But when it comes to yield, at least with this particular mother, the Sensi Skunk's outcome wuz aboot 50% better. Both sets of progeny showed some male flowers late, so I attribute this to the Maui Mist mom. Both had fairly uniform results, with just enough variation to make it worth lookin fer an exceptional mother.

Overall conclusions:
    In all three batches, the male Puna Budder progeny had good overall plant structure. In both of the crosses, the mother's heavier levels of aroma & flavor come through in the progeny. On average the potency is similar to the PB, but the variance in the crosses would allow fer findin more potent mothers than the straight up PB. With everythin consider'd, I'd hafta say the PB is a solid selection fer a male parent.

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    Last edited by Butcher Bob; 06-10-2011 at 11:43 PM.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post

6/10/11 - Lightly pepper'd with male flowers late in flower.

This one would be a keeper.
    Why would a hermie be a keeper to you, just so I know something new tonight

"late in flower"...sterile.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##