Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 91 of 144 FirstFirst ... 41818384858687888990919293949596979899101141 ... LastLast

Got some tasty looking stuff as always bob, and thank you for the wealth of knowledge you have contributed that we can refer to

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wpw View Post
    Thanks BB! Tha the ROAST in the Ozarks was grand! A large time was had by all....fulcrums rule baby!

It's good to get my wings back....

Nope so far just you acknowledging me back....ehhh, thats the way it goes....

Nice pics bro....I sure miss my boxes! I DO have all my lights & fans though....all ready for the move out west when that is able to happen...

Peace....wpw
    So glad to see ya bro, the fucking wing clipping is a bitch and I am with bob on the glad to see they came back and working good.

Thanks HC! Good to "see" ya again too....

Yeah the wing clipping sucked but ya know what? They grew back!

Peace...wpw

Hey all

RhymeNocerous, JLAND, Craver, WPW, and all you lurkers out there.

Ima lil disappointed. The Maple Leaf I trimmed up last, had twice as much trim material than the other two strains. The plants looked great before I started, but by the time I wuz done all I could think wuz...WHERE THE FUK'S MY BUDS!! We'll see where they end up when dry fer the final comparison.

I'm finally gittin some room back in my flowerin room. At this size, 28 is just too many. 18 is a lil more reasonable. And I'll be takin 2 more tomorra...2 of The Pure kids are done. Then I'll just have 4 more from these batches to go.

And, I finished up the last smoke report from the first half of the season...no more fer at least another month or two.

It's also a week into July, so Ima hafta start givin some thought to wut seeds to do fer next season...seein as I'm gonna be needin to git them started soon.

But fer now, the smoke report...
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Kali Mist Smoke Report

These were done as a preliminary test of some Kali Mist seeds I got from 20' Thai. These are s'posed to be the old skool genetics, prior to the "improved" version. These were neglected a bit too much, & suffered more than they should have, so I kept that in mind as I did the smoke testin. I have more of these seeds, that I am plannin on usin fer breeding purposes.

Days in flower: 97
    Curing since: 4/15/11

7/5/11 - Typical sativa bud structure...with actual buds, not jus pods on a string. It has a very faint coffee aroma...a bit more hazey when broken up, along with hints of fruit, juniper, & sandalwood. Flavor is mostly woody (likely from my poor growin of it)...pretty harsh & spicy. Potency is ok...mostly head, but lackluster fer a sativa...fades away. Again, I think the potency suffered from my errors.

7/6/11 - Bud structure is the same typical sativa, but on the smaller side. It has a light coffee/sandalwood aroma...some "sweetness" is added when broken up. Kinda a woody/sandalwood/haze flavor...mostly the woody. Quite spicy, but not really harsh. The buzz is mostly head, but not really a buzzzzz...I jus felt stupid. Again I think, more optimally grown, this woulda bin better.

Eventually I'll have another go-round with this when I do the rest of the seeds. I gotta think these will do better, and they got good overall structure fer breedin....so they're on my list fer future work.

Tune in later to see more of ... Butcher Bob Cutz Up !!!

Grow on
    Bob
    Last edited by Butcher Bob; 07-07-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    Yes, I finally did some research. Found lotsa "home remedies"...Juicy Fruit, poison bait, lime, grub killer, floodin the tunnels, gassin the tunnels, and on & on. None of that werks. Only two things werk...either ya git a cooler of beverages, git a pitch fork, flatten the tunnels, and wait, OR traps. I have gone with the Victor plunging spike traps...got my first mole. Jus make sure to remove any ya kill, so hopefully others will come by & git hit too.
    I was afraid that was going to be your answer. I was checking those traps out before but was hoping for a more humane way. Oh well you do what you got to do I suppose. Thanks for the info.

Good to see ya BB!

I haven't looked through the whole thread but I did see some old friends....HK, Keen, et al...

Peace...wpw
    Good to see you bro, quite a pleasent surprise I wasn't expecting this soon. I hope all is well with you and getting better by the day?

Thanks BB! Tha the ROAST in the Ozarks was grand! A large time was had by all....fulcrums rule baby!

It's good to get my wings back....

Nope so far just you acknowledging me back....ehhh, thats the way it goes....

Nice pics bro....I sure miss my boxes! I DO have all my lights & fans though....all ready for the move out west when that is able to happen...

Peace....wpw
    Sorry my acknowledgement wasn't sooner but I'm just now learning about this. The last I heard I wasn't expecting to hear from you for several more years. I haven't been able to be as active alot of fairly major health problems (she's currently struggling with her kidney's possibly failing) has kept me offline more then online. Worse yet these new problems are an extra expense we can't afford especially with how fucked up the economy is. I'd get a job if I could but the opportunities in my area were light even before the economic collapse began. It's getting so bad I may disappear soon as I might have to soon decide do I want access to the internet or do I want to eat?

Don't look for me at the old place I'm only here and over at IC.

Ima lil disappointed. The Maple Leaf I trimmed up last, had twice as much trim material than the other two strains. The plants looked great before I started, but by the time I wuz done all I could think wuz...WHERE THE FUK'S MY BUDS!! We'll see where they end up when dry fer the final comparison.
    'know what you mean, bob. My bubba looked plump on the stalk, but as soon as trimming was done..i was askin myself the same thing!

Kali Mist Smoke Report

These were done as a preliminary test of some Kali Mist seeds I got from 20' Thai. These are s'posed to be the old skool genetics, prior to the "improved" version. These were neglected a bit too much, & suffered more than they should have, so I kept that in mind as I did the smoke testin. I have more of these seeds, that I am plannin on usin fer breeding purposes.

... Flavor is mostly woody (likely from my poor growin of it)...pretty harsh & spicy. Potency is ok...mostly head, but lackluster fer a sativa...fades away. Again, I think the potency suffered from my errors.
    Couple questions here:
    -what stresses have you noticed have the most effect on potency? all stress? ie, heat, moisture, nutrient, humidity, etc..
    -what was introduced in the 'improved' genes? just curious..

Quote Originally Posted by HempKat View Post
    It's getting so bad I may disappear soon as I might have to soon decide do I want access to the internet or do I want to eat?

Don't look for me at the old place I'm only here and over at IC.
    Damn HempKat, good vibes your way. Hope things turn around. Counting my lucky stars as we speak, sometimes i forget how good i have it.

Stadium215: Vertical Coco Garden

git back to our roots as human beings. .....
    realize wut creates actual wealth & value.....
    git back a true sense of community, where neighbors actually help each other, as opposed to not even knowing each other. ...
    get in tune with the earth through agriculture & ecology.
    become less wasteful.
    -Everyone's favorite Butcher

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work
    -Thomas Alva Edison

Not a problem HK!

I wasn't expecting to be back this soon either but hey.....all is good!

Sorry to hear aboot the health problems w/ the OL!!! Definately some healing vibes being sent your way from the RFA clan!

I damn sure understand expenses!!! Getting back on my feet has been tough but I'm making it work.
    Thank GOD I still had some reserves from dad's estate....the house FINALLY sold(5yrs on the market) but it wasnt near as much as what we all expected. Anything at all was still a blessing...

Yeah the 'net thing too....I still dont have my own and am having to use hotspots w/ the old laptop. Being out in the boonies I can either pay 'em my left nut for slooooowwwwww, just better than dial up speed dsl or go sattelite & pay 'm both my nutz....eh..I'll just use the wi-fi when I can...I chose eating over net anyday....ya know I like to eat!

I'm not much over @ the old place. Just a few posts here & there...if ya "see" O', tell her I said hey! I miss her!

Hey Craver, gimme a shout when ya can....

BB, sorry to hear the Kali Mist suffered a bit. Those buds look a LOT like the Ammy that I had...Damn I miss that gal!
    Give em another go 'round & pay some attention to em so they will grow to their full potential. She should have longer legs as far as the high goes...

Peace...wpw
    Last edited by wpw; 07-08-2011 at 03:43 PM.