Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GeB View Post
    I understand this but shouldn't the cbn/thc/cbd all add up to 100% otherwise you have other contaminants in your oil?
    cannabinoids are not 100% of the plants' oleoresins/oil soluble compounds.
    naturally present waxes as well as non-psychoactive flavor components such as terpenes and esters make up a portion of the total yield.
    I once had an aunt Ester.
    Last edited by Jackie Papers; 06-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Kiss me, I'm legal! ┌П┐(_)┌П┐
    "In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." Bob Marley Rat Race
    I don't smoke trees any more, just the sap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Papers View Post
    cannabinoids are not 100% of the plants' oleoresins/oil soluble compounds.
    naturally present waxes as well as non-psychoactive flavor components such as terpenes and esters make up a portion of the total yield.
    I once had an aunt Ester.
    I knew I was missing something. So would these waxes and terpenes cause the same health effects as when smoking bud as you are still ingesting smoke? I do not doubt that oil is healthier then regular bud but if smoking is what causes cancer wouldn't smoking bho also cause cancer from the smoke of the waxes, terpenes, and other compounds present?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmadcty View Post

if your method for determining whether or not to speak is based on relevance alone, you are definitely still caressing someone's balls....your own.
    "It don't matter your race just take a bowl to the face." -Kid Cudi

there's more to the mix than just cbn/thc/cbd.... here's some interesting reading to expand the discussion:

http://www.internationalhempassociat.../jiha4208.html

this ones about cannibinoid production:

http://www.internationalhempassociat.../iha01201.html
    Last edited by chaibuzz; 06-20-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by GeB View Post
    I knew I was missing something. So would these waxes and terpenes cause the same health effects as when smoking bud as you are still ingesting smoke? I do not doubt that oil is healthier then regular bud but if smoking is what causes cancer wouldn't smoking bho also cause cancer from the smoke of the waxes, terpenes, and other compounds present?
    Technically the oil is being vaped not smoked, plus the main thing in smoke that is bad for you is Carcinogens. Carcinogens come mainly from burning plant matter, which is all left behind when making oil

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind

Quote Originally Posted by tashi
    May you all realize that ganja and cannabis are more than a "medical" drug. It is The Sacred Tree of Life. Recognize that which you do not see. Utilize the charas to open your mind, not cloud it. Have some respect for yourself and something that can attune you to your higher nature.

Cheef The Green Leaf BIG CHEEFA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OgesusKush View Post
    Really? I thought they simply closed up, what's the new name of their product?
    yup just like smelloflondon said its still called colibri just under new ownership
    i smoke marijuana but i'll tell you something:i only smoke in the late evening.oh,occasionally the early evening,but usually the late evening,or mid-evening and late evening,occasionally early afternoon,early mid-afternoon,or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh,sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning....but never at dusk.

I have been treating myself to oil as my personal meds all summer. I used to have a constant cough taking big bong loads and i cough much much less vaping off the Ti pad.

Anyhow, the reclaim buildup in my oil rig doesnt make me think it would look pretty in my lungs. And after smoking hash oil for what could be the rest of my life ( i love it so much ) i could have some gnarly gunk in there ya know! Though my lungs looking like the inside of a normal dirty bong doesnt sound that nice either...
    Smoking on the trees at a hundred degrees,
    Never touch the breeze this is sticky green leaves.

Ca Prop 215 doin it right

Quote Originally Posted by fixedgearridah' View Post
    Anyhow, the reclaim buildup in my oil rig doesnt make me think it would look pretty in my lungs. And after smoking hash oil for what could be the rest of my life ( i love it so much ) i could have some gnarly gunk in there ya know! Though my lungs looking like the inside of a normal dirty bong doesnt sound that nice either...
    Just to restate what others have said though, there's presumably nothing more in your BHO or QWIso that's not in the starting material, assuming you've purged the solvent properly.

I can't quite understand how there's an argument that concentrates are worse for your respiratory health than that of comparable doses of combusted marijuana (comparable doses meaning the amounts of each substance you'd need to consume to achieve relatively the same effects.) If you're uncomfortable inhaling your medicine, ingest it. Firecrackers and Cannabutter fuckin rule
    Last edited by endo; 07-22-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Its just that it looks like gross bogers, im not up for my lungs to full up with that stuff, but i guess its worth it.
    Smoking on the trees at a hundred degrees,
    Never touch the breeze this is sticky green leaves.

Ca Prop 215 doin it right

Quote Originally Posted by fixedgearridah' View Post
    Its just that it looks like gross bogers, im not up for my lungs to full up with that stuff, but i guess its worth it.

That's some good reasoning lol
    Your lungs aren't going to fill up with boogers.
    TC Staff

If I do have buildup in my lungs I hope I can reclaim it and smoke it again!
    Mango MADNESS.