Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    “The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

I have one suggestion... Make those door openings bigger. Trust me, you'll want to make it easy when those plants are too big, otherwise you'll have to chop them to get them out for waterings/feedings...
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    I have one suggestion... Make those door openings bigger. Trust me, you'll want to make it easy when those plants are too big, otherwise you'll have to chop them to get them out for waterings/feedings...
    For real? They're already 18"x24".

I'll keep it in mind for when I start to see problems with their size.

What I'm hoping to do is not get any plants that are taller than two feet tall in the flowering side, including their flowering stretch. I'd put clones in there when they're about a foot tall, then let them flower and stretch at the same time.

Is that not advisable though? You guys think I should let them get a little taller before flowering them out?? Maybe like a foot and a half?? Remember that I'm not practicing LST or anything like that, just letting grow up and up.
    Viktor the director flip a script like Rob Reiner
    The way a lotta dudes rhyme their name should be "knob shiner"
    For a buck, they'd likely dance the Jig or do the Hucklebuck
    To Vik it's no big deal, they're just a buncha knuckle-fucks
    You wonder how well would they hold up in a holding cell
    It sorta had the strange makings of a tale told in hell
    Like "Oh well," hold tall riches
    If the Feds is really after him they'll just tell all the snitches

MF Doom

Lmao, no offense, but I don't think you've seen any of my journals yet... I flipped my current plants at about 16" and they are over 4'. Stretch is gonna get you stuck in there... . Those are the one I didn't top, or train and I only supercropped them a week and a half after flipping to slow them down from stretching...
    Last edited by Shady; 12-15-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Great Lakes & Mono Lake & Lake Okeechobee

If it were me I would make the openings bigger as well....but I like to be able to get as much access to the plants as possible....without a huge headache.....IF you are able to then why not?? I don't think it would hurt anything..and it would probably make your life a lot easier...

I guess it would make the doors a little bit harder to make...but in the end it may be worth it...Id try LST tho at some point to try and experiment with controlling height while still allowing it to Veg out a little longer

Lmao, no offense, but I don't think you've seen any of my journals yet... I flipped my current plants at about 16" and they are over 4'. Stretch is gonna get you stuck in there... . Those are the one I didn't top, or train and I only supercropped them a week and a half after flipping to slow them down from stretching...
    I've seen your journals. But I also know that it's all subjective. I know that not all plants stretch as much as yours did. I had a clone that I grew outdoors this last summer, it was about 4" tall when I put it out, it vegged for about a month, got to about a foot before time really started to change, and only stretched to two feet. That's the evidence I'm going off of to make the judgement call on the door size. I see your point, I may make the openings taller, not necessarily wider. Taller would be good to move out those plants in case I do get a strain that's gonna grow tall. I think their wide enough to be honest. Thanks for the input though, it is dually noted and under consideration.

The thing I really went off of was I wanted to make them as small as possible, but still big enough to get myself in and out of it. I'm 6'3" 220 lbs., and get in and out fine so far. So I think I may just stick with them for a bit.

MF Doom

Ahhh I'm glad you have seen them... Feel free to comment whenever. btw you're correct that everything is subjective and there are many variables involved. One thing I can say when comparing the plants in my 1st journal to their clones in the 2nd is that a large mature plant close to it's peak height will not stretch as much when flipped to 12/12 compared to a clone that is flipped early and at a short height; in my case it was more than 2x stretch for Round 1 vs 3x for Round 2. Also I agree that the doors should be taller, but I just wanted to help you plan things out so you aren't cutting doors in the middle of flowering. Oh yeah I'm 6' as well, but much lighter since being laid-off last year. Time for a real job for me.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Consensus

Ahhh I'm glad you have seen them... Feel free to comment whenever. ........
    lol, yeah, sorry man. I'll be by shortly.

I think I will make them taller. The best way for me to learn is from trial and error, and the sheets only cost nine bucks anyway to replace, so if I fuck it up, I'll just getta new one.

MF Doom

Quote Originally Posted by caucasian jake View Post
    I don't have any doors yet for that thing actually. ...I need to figure something out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Use the pieces you cut out. Fasten trim on the inside, slightly smaller than the current opening, to keep the pieces from pushing right thru. Then use a coupla small pieces of wood fastened on the outside as crude turn latches to keep the pieces in place.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    Use the pieces you cut out. Fasten trim on the inside, slightly smaller than the current opening, to keep the pieces from pushing right thru. Then use a coupla small pieces of wood fastened on the outside as crude turn latches to keep the pieces in place.
    I hereby crown Butcher Bob for a day!