Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default First Grow General Help

This is my first post so I guess this works as my introduction as well .
    I've been tokin for ~7.5 years, currently in college, and enjoying more and more the benefits of the lovely buddha. Been browsing here for a while reading about grows, hash, and everything else this Tome of Buddha had to offer. So my friend and I decided to do a simple grow project, emphasis on simple. Just using the info from TC and a few other source we have successfully built a separate solo cup container from an old speaker, and veg/flowering container from a cabinet. other quick info:

all lights florescent (5500k and 2200k)
    pre-mixed soil no nutes
    12-4-8 unused so far
    8-14-9 unused so far
    germinated 4 seeds planted 2

of the two planted one has started to grow, day 5:

the other seems dormant, we'll have to wait and see.

using 3-in-1 soil tester to know pH and water levels

haven't water soil since initial potting, watering due soon according to soil tester. currently under 24hr light due to lack of timer (scheduling doesn't allow for manual control), figured i would wait for timer rather than fuck up light timing trying to do it manually on a busy schedule.

oh yeah the seeds...they were just seeds from my pickups mix of purp and kush seeds i have no idea which is which, so i don't know what that strong little fucker is , and male/female likelyhood

any inputs and questions are welcome!

Great Lakes & Mono Lake & Lake Okeechobee

You need to talk to Butcher Bob..he is the man when dealing with soil grows....I would be careful with those premixed nutes though from what I have read...can be enough to last you through the first month or two of grow depending on what exactly it is...I do hydro so a lil in the dark here...

Good luck man....Your lil baby (Hopefully a female) is looking good thus far.....nothing like the independence of having your own garden..ESPECIALLY in college..just be careful..IDK if I would have been able to keep such a thing under wraps properly when I was in college..but I was pretty f'in crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Shackled View Post
    12-4-8 unused so far
    8-14-9 unused so far
    Take 'em back. MG products are laden with heavy metals & minerals that will leave charcoal chunks as yer smoke refuses to completely burn. And african violet food is fer african violets. Schultz should have a general purpose plant food...somethin like a 10-15-10.

...planted 2
    I hope in different containers.

...currently under 24hr light due to lack of timer (scheduling doesn't allow for manual control), figured i would wait for timer rather than fuck up light timing trying to do it manually on a busy schedule.
    Smart move.

I hope in different containers.
    Ofcourse, didn't see a need in providing a picture of a cup of soil .

Will take the nutrients back if you recommend. Figured I would need something with higher N values for veg state and switch to 10-15-10 for flower, but I would like input on what best for those two stages before I make my trip back to Home Depot any input on common brands for nutes my source are like HD and WalMart. More pictures soon!

Thanks for the easy welcome

Ever thought about buying online?

If I were you and if money is the issue holding you back..look @ Blue Mountain Organics on eBay..they have AMAZING prices for a full nute setup that will give you everything you need...here is the link..check out there stuff...Search around but I have heard nothing but good about them..I am using their Super Plant Tonic and love it!

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Mountain-Organics

Quote Originally Posted by Shackled View Post

Thanks for the easy welcome
    Just noticed you were a newbie..WELCOME TO TOKE CITY Brother..you have come to the best place for your grow information....do a lot of searching before asking questions and listen to peeps like Butcher Bob and you won't go wrong ( I mean mistakes happen but you will be a lot less apt to make them!)

If you haven't already done so you really should take a few hours and read through the Grow FAQ..almost all your questions will be answered there...FOR SURE!!! http://www.tokecity.com/forums/faq/growfaq/

Enjoy!!

Jus makin sure on the containers.

See if you kin git some fish emulsion (5-1-1) too. It's good to have around to fix N problems in a hurry. The 10-15-10 is pretty good all around. If ya could only use one fert, that would be the pick.

Or, like echoespf sez, you could go the on-line route & git a line that has a Grow and a Bloom formula.

Thx for the FAQ, also just found a place that should have better nutes, Atlantis Hydroponics, but don't quite know where to start from those lists of options. Probably quart bottles of GH Micro and Bloom with Lucas formula. Any suggestions?
    Day 13, strong one
    Last edited by Shackled; 12-04-2009 at 02:36 AM.

I did the Lucas formula and was very UNIMPRESSED...but a lot of people dig it.

I have decided to use Humboldt Nutrients and to be honest they are priced very very well and I have had phenomenal results...so that would be my vote...Advanced Nutrients has a lot of followers but it seems like there are just so many products you have to buy and they are pretty damn expensive. Thats why I like Humboldt..I am using their 3 part Grow, Micro, Bloom with Big Up Powder and Ginormous for flowering and seriously LOVE it.

Looks like that place doesn't sell Humboldt but I think you can find a retailer...http://www.humboldtnutrients.com/retailers.html

OR I would go to http://www.htgsupply.com/nutrientsub...p?categoryID=2

They have about everything you will need