Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default My Compact Fluorescent Expirement.

These are about 4 days old now.
    It's a fem. kush strain. Can't tell you witch..
    They are shooting out about another 2 new starter leafs every day now, I figure this is fairly fast growth.

I got 3 seeds in one beer cup right now, ( I know it's stupid, but I was stoned at the time and for some reason thought 3 wicked lst vines would be sick looking.. But i'm not worried to much about the roots colliding anyways, as they are going to stay fairly small. ) They are under 2 random CFL bulbs I found in my buddy' house,24 hour light, and in a little pc style grow box(show pics later on). I'm going to see what I can get just for fun, lol since the outdoor season aint here. If i'm not happy with what's going on, I'll throw this 3vined bonsai outside as soon as spring rolls up. But right now i'm wanting to flower it as soon as possible.

The soil is kind of mulchy, lots of wormcastings, but I found just that was to muddy alone, roots would have hard time penetrating so I mixed some soil from my outdoor flower bed, along with a little perlite.

Ok so.. 4 days old.

Sorry for the crap quality, One is getting very tall, and i'm training it outward, so it won't block the light of the one in the middle.. The other one is the shortest but i'm trying that anyways. I'm going to germinate another 5 beans from some really chronic typical beasters.
    Last edited by Jay; 12-10-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Ok, so day 5, I feel these are growing fast.

separate asap!

seriously...youre only going to have problems with this set up

ill let others chime in.....
    toker420iluvweed

lol... i was curious to see what it would look like in the end..
    But there is already lighting issues, i was training the outside 2 to stay away but maybe a transplant will be beneficial. Was chied at the time,thought it would be funny, not now that the roots are probably tangled/ in-danger.

please " chime in "

they are at the point where they start shooting up, i imagine they developed good rootsat this point.. I'm in fear of killing myf fem. beans, even though i might of needed to thin out to one plant, if i watedto go the distance flowering in my pc box...
    was thinking about some " harsh stress training.
    let's discuss the problems, roots grow around each other, right
    Last edited by Jay; 12-13-2009 at 10:12 AM.

No, roots don't grow around each other, especially in a 12oz styrofoam cup. There's a reason why you don't see everyone else running 3 plants in 1 tiny container.
    Come hang out in the Man Cave
    "I spent a long time trying to find my center until I looked closely at it one night & found it had wheels and moved easily in the slightest breeze. So now I spend less time sitting and more time sailing."

....man, u have to separate em. ur roots are just goin to get tangled and ur growth will be stunted....ALWAYS have ur seeds in diff pots.
    Bunnintreez pumpin killabeez

GLASS: Dosa, EHLE., Eric Ross, Hash-Masta Kut, Mike Fro, Roor.de, Soveriegnty, Toronto Art Glass

"Bunnintreez's Glass, Ganj and Extracts"

Quote Originally Posted by bunnintreez View Post
    ....man, u have to separate em. ur roots are just goin to get tangled and ur growth will be stunted....ALWAYS have ur seeds in diff pots.
    Well, I was aware of the stunted growth, figured it would be beneficial for a bonsai being grown in a small ass place.. But regardless, I'm not thinning out the weaker seedlings now, so i'm going to transplant the outer 2 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by erudite View Post
    No, roots don't grow around each other, especially in a 12oz styrofoam cup. There's a reason why you don't see everyone else running 3 plants in 1 tiny container.
    I seen this be done before..
    I was aware it wouldn't be the smartest idea when I planted them also. I just didn't really care at the time. The original plan was I would be thinning it out to 1 plant. But now I know the genetics are fem. so I decided to keep all of them anyways.

Ok, well i'm going to go mix up a light low nute soil and then i'll put the outside 2 in some styrofoam, got no more beer cups. The only thing i'm worried about is damaging those main tap roots, but i'd imagine they have went straight down.
    Last edited by Jay; 12-13-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Ok, so the transplant went horrible, I think I may of did some damage.
    It did not want to come out of it's container once it did, landed right in my hand, they had a big tangly mess of roots. Hopefully they aren't going to die now, shall I sprinkle a little stimroot on the tops of soil? Would it help root development? In case they are harmed?
    I'm talking about this stuff

If they die that sucks alot, they seemed to be very above average in growing speeds. Yesterday they looked like they do in that last picture, then today they had another set ready to shoot, and developed 3 prong leafs. Hopefully they are vigorous enough that they will fight off my shitty transplant to. I guess I just wait intil tomorrow to see..
    I'll post more pics tomorrow to.

Mods please delete this post if you see it, I accidently doubled.
    Last edited by Jay; 12-13-2009 at 05:07 PM.