Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast

Default Heat Treated BHO Edibles

While BHO edibles are decently known and common now a days they are generally not a very popular method of oil consumption versus conventional vaping etc.

Many of you know that I am a huge fanatic of melting BHO into chocolate as one of the many disciplines of in taking THC I enjoy. The natural euphoric qualities of chocolate as well as many other positive effects on the body mixed with the THC create quite a great buzz, and all in all a truly ideal high if you have to leave the house for the day, go out at night, etc.

Eating quality BHO chocolate during your evening helps keep your high coasting at a strong level all night while heating ti up and vaping along. The combination of edible and vaping slingshots your high to really the ultimate level IMO, and others alike.

I had some milk chocolate lying around so used that. Most times I use dark chocolate; I like to mix it up though...haven’t found 1 specific type of chocolate id prefer to use 100% over others yet.

Here's the important part

These edibles have had a recent technique that my self and D-Note have been figuring out to heat treat the oil. For the longest time I was making edibles with both legit BHO and reclaim. No matter what the reclaim edibles with the same dosage as stable BHO were ALWAYS more potent. They come on extremely fast, extremely potent and seem to effect the body and your system at surreal efficiency.

For the longest time my trainofthought was that "oh, well my reclaim is made up of multiple oils mixed together so the high is that much more potent with characteristics from all these different strains adding to the buds" while that does make sense the reclaim edibles are just THAT much more potent. It didn’t seem to make sense.

"In whole-plant cannabis, THC content is expressed as THCA (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) prior to decarboxylation into THC, which takes place when cannabis is heated during cooking, and smoked or vaporized ingestion. THCA is a mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory but does not have good affinity with our CB1 receptors, so in order to make a THC-rich tincture that has many of the same therapeutic effects as smoked ingestion (including rapid absorption, quick relief and ease of self-titration), we must convert the THCA in the plant matter into THC prior to extracting it through an alcohol soak." (The Vics, Tincture Recipe)

In the case of oil. We have already removed the said THCA from the plant matter but that doesn't magically turn it to THC. We have to heat it up to the point of decarboxylation. The natural state of BHO lends to easily melting BHO into almost anything. It fully and evenly can be melting into chocolate, coffee, milk, butter, cream soup, almost anything.

BUT just because it is fully melting in does not mean that the oil has been heat treated at a high enough temperature for proper decarboxylation. When dealing with reclaim. Reclaim has hit a hot ti pad at approximately 400 degrees give or take lower or higher which is responsible for reclaim being much more potent than chocolate made with non heat treated oil. At this state the reclaim can most likely be eaten straight up and does not even need to be melting into anything in order to get high.

The best way to do this is in a solution where all the volatiles are soluble. Doing it outside solution does result in a loss of terpenes etc but exponentially increases the general potency. This process is necessary to literally revolutionize your BHO edibles.

A more efficient method of doing this has not yet been tried. You can use a small metal dish or tin. Heat from outside of the container and allow the oil to get as hot as possible WITH OUT burning any of the oil off (NO SMOKE) Once it hits the max point. Let it sit, cool, go back to a normal state then redo a few times. As well I’ve tried using a double broiler method with very hot water and using a torch to heat treat all the oil before putting in the chocolate (which is what the pics below show)

All in all I know this is going to come as a complete shock and not very easy to just accept that this is a possibility. I know some of you guys think this is a waste of BHO and not really all that possible. I expect most of you to tear me apart saying impossible. But I DARE YOU to give it another try and tell me otherwise!

Just for the record to restate this is literally making your edibles 50x as potent. That much lower dosage is needed for maximum effects.

The oil used was from some super dank OG. The pics came out werid color, dunno why. Actual oil is orange, not yellow.

Last edited by trainofthought88; 01-11-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Fixed perc FTW!

holy moly this looks crazy.
    ~Just Blaze~

I need to try this.. great post!
    Glass By:
    Erik Anders, Dmak/Cripskillz, Hashmasta-Kut, GGirl, Arik/Sarah, Chris Carlson, Josh Sable, JLee, Mike Gong, Andonis, Kennaroo, Travis Weber

One solid dose of these a day FTMFW !

Sickle Scalers FTW
    the dichro space ship in hibernation
    Credit, Forget it.

wow that is amazing i definitely am gonna try this.
    BHO is ever so sweet
    Frypan OG
    "Lifes good, never wanna end this, me and mary jane got a really nice friendship."
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonz215 View Post
    OG kush is like a super strain of cannabis very potent very little leaf and stem high thc content between 30-40%.if u dont live in california its probly hard to find

*My dabs are bigger* The*Milk*Man's Avatar

Meh, i love em too but... D-note, you don't find it's like a 2 hour high max with a hot bevy?

You prolly used grade A BHO and didnt heat treat it milkie...I've lost my mind for 48 hours from 1 dose before. Normally lasts ~8 hours or so.
    Sickle Scalers FTW
    the dichro space ship in hibernation
    Credit, Forget it.

Very informative and something I'd love to try...excellent pictures too!!!
    Thanks for sharing trainofthought
    Quote Originally Posted by PotDragon View Post
    Between you and that damn MLC, it's a wonder I own any glass at all!

nice Train
    looks tasty

but is that a sizzling pan ur
    melting the chocolate in?