Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 545474849505152535455565758596061626365105 ... LastLast
    “The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool Shady’s Testing… A new lineup

I’ve been a big fan of all Chemdawg related strains and TopDawg Seeds for quite a while now, and I’m honored to be chosen by JJ-NYC, to test Guava 13, which is Guava X (HP13 X HP#1/Double Dawg) Backcross. Double Dawg is Chem Dawg D X Afghani#1 backcrossed. Guava was a Stardawg pheno, and Stardawg’s lineage is Star Dawg = (Chem #4 X Tres Dawg). Finally Tres Dawg = Chem D Bx2. As for the Hash Plants, HP13 & HP1, I’m still searching for more info on those strains…

Recently, I was also gifted some special genetics from a good friend and talented farmer. I’m very grateful and excited to finally run some of OG Raskal‘s gear. I’ve spent plenty of time deciding which beans to pop and hope to find some killer phenos... So here’s the new lineup, with the Guava 13 starting the list from TopDawg Seeds and the next three from OG Raskal Seeds:

• Guava 13
    • Purple Urkle x The White (fem)
    • Socal Master Kush x The White (fem)
    • Alien Kush F2

On Saturday at 4:20 pm, germination began on 8 beans after shady selection and scarification. 24 hrs later on 8/8/10, all 8 beans had popped. Just after midnight, all beans were planted into rockwool cubes that had been soaking in a shady nute mix set at 195 PPM and 6.10 pH. This time I’ll sort the picts by strain…

Guava 13…

Purple Urkle x The White…

Socal Master Kush x The White…

Alien Kush F2…

The new Shady Lineup…

Today, most of the seedlings have breached the surface on their first day of light…

While I'm in the zone, I might as well update Round 7...

Shady Update… Round 7

Just a quick update on Round 7, going into Week 7, and ready for a res change…

Last week I finally added the screen to keep these girls in their place…

So much variety and such an uneven canopy as usual…

~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Man can't wait to hear how those curing flowers turn out, especially the bleached white tops heh. Excellent seed selection looks like an awesome lineup I'll def look forward to seeing them progress. I've had NYC Diesel from a dispensary any chance same breeder?

jesus jones...you've got quite the spread. again!

jjnyc couldn't have picked a more dedicated grower. between your attention to detail, relentless research, and detailed journals..i'm sure it was an easy choice.

grats on the rascal gear too!!

will you be keeping all your genetics? or will you replace some with the new gear?

i'll tell you what, i'm extra glad that youve run the DUD and SisD already. i've just popped 8 each, and i'll be using your feed schedule as a guide. do we have exact same beans? my SisD doesn't say Bx1...
    Stadium215: Vertical Coco Garden

git back to our roots as human beings. .....
    realize wut creates actual wealth & value.....
    git back a true sense of community, where neighbors actually help each other, as opposed to not even knowing each other. ...
    get in tune with the earth through agriculture & ecology.
    become less wasteful.
    -Everyone's favorite Butcher

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work
    -Thomas Alva Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    And the Blue Hellfire x Kali Mist is a stone cold sallie that will knock your head off...
    Don't stroke me if it ain't true. I look fer accuracy over praise....helps in future work.

P.S. Here’s the last nug shots from Round 5, Sensi Skunk #3…

And a lower bud site with several Sensi Skunk #3 S1 beans…
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Shady doin work...Congrats on genetics, you out of anyone will give the test solid justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Thx buddy! Hahaa, I can't sell something that was gifted to me...
    Well then gift it to me haha but really, when's that beast coming into action?
    MMJ patient under Prop.215 & SB420
    Glass By: Sovereignty, RooR.de, Lux, Hops, Mike Fro, Kennaroo, Cowboy, Petto, and Salt

Legalize it! Toke on!

Shady the scientist.

Gratz on the new strains and being selected to test a new strain, must be a very cool feeling, and I always love not knowing exactly what to expect so it sounds like a very fun project.

Good luck with them all, not that you need it though, I'm sure these will all receive the best of care.
    TF1 Member #303
    My Current Grow Journal:
    Gilley Grows Medicine

Toke City Comic Book Club
    I love and

"Known to smoke a whole mountain of hash, to the ash..." -MF Doom

“The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool Shady Updates...

Quote Originally Posted by Skywizard View Post
    Man can't wait to hear how those curing flowers turn out, especially the bleached white tops heh. Excellent seed selection looks like an awesome lineup I'll def look forward to seeing them progress. I've had NYC Diesel from a dispensary any chance same breeder?
    Thx for cruising through Skywizard! No, NYC Diesel wasn't done by JJ as far as I know... He owns and runs TopDawg Seeds and has a partnership with Chemdog.

Quote Originally Posted by sfzoo View Post
    jesus jones...you've got quite the spread. again!

jjnyc couldn't have picked a more dedicated grower. between your attention to detail, relentless research, and detailed journals..i'm sure it was an easy choice.

grats on the rascal gear too!!

will you be keeping all your genetics? or will you replace some with the new gear?

i'll tell you what, i'm extra glad that youve run the DUD and SisD already. i've just popped 8 each, and i'll be using your feed schedule as a guide. do we have exact same beans? my SisD doesn't say Bx1...
    Thx for the very kind words sfzoo! I recently culled a few clones from the Shady Veg Station to make room as I've got quite a few beans and access to plenty of great genetics. And yeah, we've got the same beans...

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    Don't stroke me if it ain't true. I look fer accuracy over praise....helps in future work.

Thx Bob! It's true... When I rip a bowl of either the Blue Hellfire x Kali Mist or Sensi Skunk , I feel like my mind is floating... Very enlightening experience typical of a sativa as compared to my couch locking kushes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliShark View Post
    Shady doin work...Congrats on genetics, you out of anyone will give the test solid justice.

Well then gift it to me haha but really, when's that beast coming into action?
    Thx CaliShark! I've been pricing out all the equipment needed and thinking of what strain I want to monocrop in the Under Current. I've got Casey Jones and Grape Romulan, both of which would be huge colas... or maybe I should run six stocky Master x Bubba's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
    Shady the scientist.

Gratz on the new strains and being selected to test a new strain, must be a very cool feeling, and I always love not knowing exactly what to expect so it sounds like a very fun project.

Good luck with them all, not that you need it though, I'm sure these will all receive the best of care.
    Sup Gilley! I really needed to run some new beans to keep me on my toes as I was getting complacent in the garden...

Shady Update… First leaf sets
    Well, it's been one week and I made a rookie mistake and tried to prop up Guava 13 #4 as it was leaning over the edge of the cube... In doing so, I accidentally disturbed her tap root and may have damaged it in the process. Either way, all seedlings have their first set of leaves starting to come through...

Shady Update… Round 7
    Admittedly, I haven’t spent much time in the Shady Bloom Room this round. Aside from being my second run in coco DTW, I haven’t changed the watering frequency and have been doing res changes every other week. For the most part, my pH has been absolutely stable around 6.0 and I think it should prob be around 5.8 in the next Round. Until then, here’s some shots at the beginning of Wk #8…

Due to the uneven canopy and heat stress, the upper leaves and ones near the center are deficient even with two flushes during bloom…

Now for the bud shots, first is Chem’s Sis #1 that has the largest cola this round despite an early nitrification and burn from being too close to the HPS…

Chem’s Sis #4 is furthest from the HPS and also had too much Nitrogen early in bloom…

A shot of DUD #3 in the center of the tray closest to the HPS…

A shot of a diff DUD #3 on the edge of the tray (closest to the open bathroom door) with less heat stress. She’s a keeper…

I only ran one MxB this round, but will seriously consider a monocrop in the near future…

I might have to seriously consider culling my OG, now that I’ve got some new genetics in the cuts…

Last edited by Shady; 08-16-2010 at 04:43 AM.
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Livin' wit Lou dog

looking phenomenal shady

to keep seedlings from stretching towards the light like that, next time trim the first set of leaves that starts growing. the energy will then be directed into fattening the stem up instead of growing out some retarded leaves that always end up dying anyway...

anything crossed with the white will be frosty as hell. im especially interested in the erkle x white. great seed pick ups man