If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107 ... LastLast

man shady, i always lurk all of your threads. you are kicking some serious ass. I love the idea of using the bathroom as a grow room, especally using the shower rod to hold the light, i have done that one before too. I was thinking about making a kit for people to convert their small bathroom into a grow room, just hang the light from the shower pole then put a board across the tolet and the tub and let it drain to waste into the tube. simple as that it would get a lot more people interested in growing, that is for sure.
    fornicate the police

“The Cannabis Cultivator” Shady's Avatar

Cool Shady Details...

Quote Originally Posted by edux10 View Post
    man shady, i always lurk all of your threads. you are kicking some serious ass. I love the idea of using the bathroom as a grow room, especally using the shower rod to hold the light, i have done that one before too. I was thinking about making a kit for people to convert their small bathroom into a grow room, just hang the light from the shower pole then put a board across the tolet and the tub and let it drain to waste into the tube. simple as that it would get a lot more people interested in growing, that is for sure.
    Whaddup edux10!!! How's your garden looking brah? For some reason I'm thinkin' you had one, but can't find any journals from ya... In any case, thx for checking out my lengthy journals... Hahaa, I had the same idea, but I still want a huge tent...

Shady Details…

Today I fed all of the soil plants on the bottom shelf of the Shady Veg Station. I should have done this yesterday cuz they were very thirsty and hungry. Here’s a quick shot after the feeding where you can see the 18 gal res for the ebb ‘n flow tray on the 2nd shelf…

Shady Veg Feedings…
    Summary of Wednesday’s Soil Section Feedings... 2/17/10
    The resulting teas are as follows in ml/gal:
    Veg Station - CM:4/LK:0/Sweet:4/PBP Grow:6 = 700 PPM, 6.40 pH

Here’s a quick shot of the 3 Raskal’s OG in the front row…

Yesterday I added a small oscillating fan to hit the lower canopy and raised the large white fan to hit the upper canopy. I’m running the small fan 24/7…

Then I temporarily raised the light to its maximum height to double check my clearances…

And it matches my original design measurements…

At lights out on the Shady Bloom Room, I watered all the soil plants (including the soil plants in the Shady Veg Station) with Great White to add mycorrhizae and beneficial bacteria.

And since I’m in the biology mode, here’s an interesting scientific paper on salinity and mycorrhizae:
    http://www.plant-success.com/scienti...abstracts.html
    Last edited by Shady; 02-18-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    ~ MMC recipient in compliance with Prop215 & SB420 ~

Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current, Organic Soil, & Coco DTW

Sick grow shady! i have been inspired and as soon as i move to my new location im going to have a nice little room like you got going on here! thanks for the great journal!

Just a responsible Cannabis consumer...

Nice man that little ebb and flow table seems to be working out quite well for you. Great job on that for sure! I just have to say again that I really like the way your shady veg station is set up. Not bad at all.

Interesting article about salinity indeed. Just goes to show that high salt conditions are unfavorable to the max.
    Prop 215 and SB420 compliant
    Justiceman's grow: The quest for Resin

Looks good over here. One question, what's your ratio of soil to perlite/vermiculite in your Shady veg station? I think I need to add some to the FFOF this weekend when I transplant some clones.. not sure how much to use...

I'm reading the salinity article right now...

ok, so just read it, and I'm going to read about and buy some of this. Thanks, Shady.
    Last edited by caucasian jake; 02-19-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Viktor the director flip a script like Rob Reiner
    The way a lotta dudes rhyme their name should be "knob shiner"
    For a buck, they'd likely dance the Jig or do the Hucklebuck
    To Vik it's no big deal, they're just a buncha knuckle-fucks
    You wonder how well would they hold up in a holding cell
    It sorta had the strange makings of a tale told in hell
    Like "Oh well," hold tall riches
    If the Feds is really after him they'll just tell all the snitches

MF Doom

Cool Shady Bud Shots...

Quote Originally Posted by KingGong View Post
    Sick grow shady! i have been inspired and as soon as i move to my new location im going to have a nice little room like you got going on here! thanks for the great journal!
    Sup KingGong! It really makes me happy to know that I'm lighting a fire under my buddies... Hahaa, one of them is about to go big... and I just might be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceman View Post
    Nice man that little ebb and flow table seems to be working out quite well for you. Great job on that for sure! I just have to say again that I really like the way your shady veg station is set up. Not bad at all.

Interesting article about salinity indeed. Just goes to show that high salt conditions are unfavorable to the max.
    Thx Justiceman! I'm extremely please with the ebb 'n flow... Ehh, the Shady Veg Station aint to shabby, but it def has flaws... too little airflow for that bottom tray. Gonna kill a couple to make some space and do some trimming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by caucasian jake View Post
    Looks good over here. One question, what's your ratio of soil to perlite/vermiculite in your Shady veg station? I think I need to add some to the FFOF this weekend when I transplant some clones.. not sure how much to use...

I'm reading the salinity article right now...

ok, so just read it, and I'm going to read about and buy some of this. Thanks, Shady.
    Hey Jake! Thx for stopping by... I use 1 part Happy Frog to 1 part Light Warrior... Both have perlite and LW is mostly peat moss which is drains relatively fast. I haven't really added much perlite (cuz I wanted to compare round 3 and 4), but if I did I would rather use chunky perlite. Just keep in mind that the more perlite you use, means you'll need to water more frequently...

Shady Bud Shots…

Section A
    Hmmm, I haven’t watered the plants since they were fed on Monday and the very small amount of water with the Great White the other day… I haven’t flushed any of Section A or B either… Section A begins Week 7 today and Section B begins Week 5. Any suggestions? I plan on just feeding them tomorrow…

SFV OG (clearly the bag seed genetics aren’t the same as the real deal)…

Mystery Kush 2 (I really regret not taking cuts of this bag seed though)…

Master x Bubba is gettin’ bigger…

707 Headband’s hairs are turning, but I hope she continues to pump out some white ones after I hit her and the rest of Section A hard with Hammer Head tomorrow…

Section B
    That’s Chem’s Sis 2 in the foreground…

Did a balancing act on the sink for this shot…

And literally was standing on the ledge and hanging on the shower rod for this one…

A closeup of a Chem’s Sis 1…

And a Double Underdawg 2 looking hungry…

Seedlings
    Two weeks ago I started my DIY ebb n’ flow at 480 PPM, 5.9 pH… At the end of the first week the PPM’s drifted to 6.2 and the PPM’s were at 510. So I added enough acid to drop the pH down to 5.76. Today the res was finally lower by 2 gal and I noticed root aphids once again hanging around in my tray. I added 2 gal of R/O with 2 ml/gal of CalMag, 6 ml/gal of Zone, and more acid to top off my res at 500 PPM and 5.65 pH. Soon after I did two floods one hour apart there were dead aphids… So far so good, but I may add more Zone in a couple days depending on how the plants are doing. Here are the seedlings…

I also did a very light spray on the Shady Bloom Room with BioNeem, and just drenched the Shady Veg Station heavily at lights out. I also flooded the ebb ‘n flow tray before the drench (I have only been using two flood cycles during the day when the lights turn on at 7 am and one at 6 pm… I find that this is perfect in veg). Hahaa I think the Hot Shots disturbed the borg, so I brought it out tonight again. I will pick-up some diatomaceous earth and SM-90 for the soil plants tomorrow.

Sup man! Not sure when you plan on cutting down section A but it looks to me like it is time to start just giving plain water for 2 weeks. Wait is section A hydro or soil? I believe Section A and B are both soil though. And I would surely feed section B but what have you been feeding them as of late anyway? Whats SM-90?

Regardless of that little aphid thing those seedlings look super healthy man. So how do you plan to transplant them from the ebb and flow table to something bigger when they are old enough since they are just a bunch of hydroton or do the roots hand on to the hydroton?
    Prop 215 and SB420 compliant
    Justiceman's grow: The quest for Resin

ok, got it. I'm gonna add more to my soil for the clones I transplant tonight, thanks man. Lookin hella green up in here!!
    Viktor the director flip a script like Rob Reiner
    The way a lotta dudes rhyme their name should be "knob shiner"
    For a buck, they'd likely dance the Jig or do the Hucklebuck
    To Vik it's no big deal, they're just a buncha knuckle-fucks
    You wonder how well would they hold up in a holding cell
    It sorta had the strange makings of a tale told in hell
    Like "Oh well," hold tall riches
    If the Feds is really after him they'll just tell all the snitches

MF Doom

Sweet! Nice master bubba, def real deal...looks just like it. Nice cut man. And also, dont worry about the Mystery Kush, it did looks like a sick cut, but you know you got alot more to pick and choose from later...

707 HB is interesting tho, i wonder why its pistils are changing so soon? I didnt expect that one to finish for a while? Like day 68-72...
    Ahh if life were this simple.
    Follow my grows!:
    R. Face's Continual Herb Garden

All in compliance with Prop. 215 and SB 420.

Im hittin' the trees harder than Sonny Bono....Oh No!

Glass by: Marcel Braun, Calm, Carlson, MNP, E-Bomb, Zach Puchowitz, Byron B., Devol, Fro, BulletProofGlass,ROOR.us, Mortex Votex and Karved Kati

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceman View Post
    Sup man! Not sure when you plan on cutting down section A but it looks to me like it is time to start just giving plain water for 2 weeks. Wait is section A hydro or soil? I believe Section A and B are both soil though. And I would surely feed section B but what have you been feeding them as of late anyway? Whats SM-90?

Regardless of that little aphid thing those seedlings look super healthy man. So how do you plan to transplant them from the ebb and flow table to something bigger when they are old enough since they are just a bunch of hydroton or do the roots hand on to the hydroton?
    Sup Justiceman! Yeah everything is soil this round... All plants have been underfed and watered this round and those in Section A are in the small pots that I wanted to transplant after week 4, but didn't cuz of everyone's recommendation. I think that was a good idea not to transplant them... Both sections are scheduled to be hit with Hammer Head in weeks 5 and 7. I will stick to my guns and take them to 70 days or at the very least 65 days. Here's a link on SM-90... says it's effective at killing aphids in the root zone...
    http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc....SM9032&eq=&Tp=

As for the transplanting... There's a good shot of the process near the beginning of Round 3, but you just gently dump the top layer of hydroton until you see the top root zone... Then take the pot sideway and catch the rootball... I don't pickup the plant by the stem like I do in soil, cuz the hydroton tends to fall apart and roots can get ripped easy that way. Afterwards, just set it in the new pot and slowly pour the hydroton in...

Quote Originally Posted by caucasian jake View Post
    ok, got it. I'm gonna add more to my soil for the clones I transplant tonight, thanks man. Lookin hella green up in here!!
    Sounds good Jake! I'd say transplanting is prob the easiest process once you've decided your medium...

Quote Originally Posted by RollinFace View Post
    Sweet! Nice master bubba, def real deal...looks just like it. Nice cut man. And also, dont worry about the Mystery Kush, it did looks like a sick cut, but you know you got alot more to pick and choose from later...

707 HB is interesting tho, i wonder why its pistils are changing so soon? I didnt expect that one to finish for a while? Like day 68-72...
    Thx RollinFace! Hmmm, IDK about my 707HB... It came from the same dispensary as the Master x Bubba... Initially I thought there might be a hermie hiding somewhere in my garden, but no nubbins have been found. Then I thought maybe all the Bioneem and PM treatments might have turned the hairs... It tends to kill a few with both products, but if this is a legit cut then I'm gonna push her a bit more hard cuz her bud sites are tiny which may be due to too much topping and supercropping... I think I may hit all of Section A with 8 ml/gal of Hammerhead today and 8 ml/gal of Bud Candy. What do you think about those amounts?
    Last edited by Shady; 02-20-2010 at 02:40 PM.