Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637

"And levels of each is irrelevant too, cuz it all depends on how they interact with each other"

whoa whoa...look, i fully agree. These tests will not tell you how high you will get. But at the same time i know for a fact that there are tests being done with honesty and integrity. Not to hype a product. You are right Bob, we are very ignorant on what thc or cbn's do but i didnt have any one tell me what the numbers would do, they just told me the numbers.

My fav strain, Anasthesia i will get tested cause i chose it personally and i like it from experience not numbers. Now when i get those numbers you cannnot tetll me that they dont mean shit, cause they do. They might not mean what Hightimes or Skunk say they mean, but thats coming from a media corporation not the scientists (scientists)?? themselves.

What im saying is that yeah, dont believe the hype from the mags, but at the same time theres all these people out there that JUST BECAUSE it was posted in hightimes they disregard it as hype which is bullshit. Personal experience will tell all, and getting the numbers AFTER this experience i can see being very helpful. Test these numbers against another similiar and see what you get.

Most places use the number to hype product...end users are usually not the ones gittin the testin done, the growers & dispensaries are doin that...to sell their product. Usin the THC # alone means zip...usin all the cannabinoid #s is better, but still not a true picture.

The only thing I kin think of to elude to it, is a lit cigarette & gasoline. Don't matter how much gas ya got, you kin put a lit cigarette out in it....but add jus the tiniest of sparks, and now you explode.

You got the right idea...note the numbers, test the smoke yerself, compare differences & similarities tween different sets of numbers, and different strains that have similar #s.

I wouldn't trust somethin JUST because it wuz in HT.....they suck at gittin things right.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

I think the numbers can serve as a partial basis when looking at what a dispensary has to offer, but you gotta keep the numbers in perspective. Using my Electric Banana post above as an example. I can verify the test results on line, but there is no way for me to verify that the stuff I bought was really from the same batch as what got tested. I also don’t know if what was submitted for testing was representative of what I received. An unscrupulous dispensary could totally game the system as far as testing is concerned. What I can say is that after imbibing in some of that stuff last night, it’s potent as hell… but I’m not going to attribute my satisfaction to the numbers. The numbers merely piqued my curiosity.

I have never thought to concern myself with the percentage of THC in my favorite strains. If someone told me that one of my favorite strains was only 12% THC, I wouldn’t care…. I’d just take another toke and ponder how interesting it is that the numbers aren’t indicative of the high.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Sam_Skunkman has long contended (search Icmag) that 100% THC doesn't get you as high as weed does. At least by his testing.

Putting aside the some 40+ cannabinoids in cannabis, there is empirical evidence, and not only Sam, but many others believe there is additive/moderating effects on the type/kind of high from the various interactions of some terpenes in cannabis.

There is a local disp. with a Werc labs tested strain of 30%THC, it is claimed...yawn.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...246,full.story

The more prominent operations in California — including Steep Hill in Oakland, Halent in Sacramento and The Werc Shop in Los Angeles County — have recently formed the Assn. of California Cannabis Laboratories to set equipment standards and methodology and to give a seal of approval for those who comply. They also hope to advance the science of marijuana, deciphering which compounds do what in a plant that can produce a broad range of psychological and physiological effects.

Donald Land, a UC Davis chemistry professor who co-founded Halent, said labs have no choice but to regulate themselves.

"Labs are popping up in people's vans. People are doing color tests and all kinds of stuff that's not very accurate. And there's people doing plain-old 'dry-labbing' — they take a sample, make a guess, put a number on it and send it out.

"Unfortunately, that's what an unregulated industry has to deal with."

::

When Ean Seeb's prized strain Bio-Diesel won top prize in the Colorado Medical Marijuana Harvest Cup, he decided to see what the numbers were.

Seeb, co-owner of a dispensary called Denver Relief, took it to a nearby lab, which informed him that the THC accounted for 18% of the sample's weight, a solid showing. Then a marijuana review website took samples of the same strain to the same lab and got different results, with one coming in at a stratospheric 29%.

"There was no way that that plant was 29%," Seeb said.

Suspicious, he decided to blind-test the labs. Seeb put his marijuana buds through a coffee grinder to homogenize samples for five local labs.

One was a mobile lab. A young woman showed up with a gas chromatograph in a yellow suitcase and a tank of helium gas. "She had Rainbow Brite make-up, a spiked belt and tight jeans," Seeb said.

Once she set up the equipment, a heavily tattooed man joined her and donned a white lab coat. He spent two hours having problems calibrating the machine, while dumping his used solvents down the toilet. Seeb asked him what he did with the part of the sample he didn't use in the test.

"I smoke it," the man replied.

Within a couple of days, the results from all five labs came back, and they were all over the chart. "The whole thing was a joke," Seeb said.

In California, the director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, with help from a leading cannabis researcher in the Netherlands, did a similar trial with 10 top labs in the state. The results for a "same homogenized cannabis material" ranged from 4.16% THC to 14.3%, although seven of the labs had closer results, between 8.4% and 12.5%."

Having high potency is a money-maker.

"With no scientific standardization, there's no meaning to these numbers," said Robert Jacob, director of Peace in Medicine Healing Center in Sonoma County. "I think it's more important to know our growers. We don't test organic tomatoes to see if they're organic. We create standards of growing."

relations for the California Cannabis Assn., which is lobbying in Sacramento for statewide regulation, including testing. "You're getting dispensaries demanding growers bring tested medicine. Or patients are demanding it."

Doctors say testing is critical for patients with compromised immune systems. "Unless they're growing their own, I don't think they should buy medical cannabis if it hasn't been lab-analyzed," said Dr. Stacey Kerr, a family physician in Santa Rosa and a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians. "This is adding integrity to the medicine."

Kerr's group is keenly interested in a compound called cannabidiol, or CBD, which reportedly does not cause users to feel stoned, but has calming and pain-relieving effects that may help treat a range of problems, including arthritis, side effects of chemotherapy, asthma, sleep disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.

"The lab analysis is allowing patients to choose their medicine with knowledge of what is actually in it," Kerr said.

Raber charges $50 for each of four tests that can be performed on a sample, and his dispensaries usually have between five and 20 samples tested at a time.

He placed the 200 milligrams in a vial and poured in a solution that would pull the cannabinoids out. He set the vial on a vortex to further shake the compounds out, then pipetted two milliliters into a smaller vial, which was spun in a centrifuge. From that, he transferred 600 microliters into an auto-sampler vial.

Mark Raber walked his samples over to the high-pressure liquid chromatograph, loaded them into a tray and pressed a button. Inside, a mechanical needle descended to take one microliter from the first sample and spray it through a column that separated the chemicals based on their affinity to various particles inside it.

After several hours, which included some number crunching, Raber had his stats for Ghost: 18.48% THC / 0.35 CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by ExistentialOne View Post
    "And levels of each is irrelevant too, cuz it all depends on how they interact with each other"

whoa whoa...look, i fully agree. These tests will not tell you how high you will get. But at the same time i know for a fact that there are tests being done with honesty and integrity. Not to hype a product. You are right Bob, we are very ignorant on what thc or cbn's do but i didnt have any one tell me what the numbers would do, they just told me the numbers.

My fav strain, Anasthesia i will get tested cause i chose it personally and i like it from experience not numbers. Now when i get those numbers you cannnot tetll me that they dont mean shit, cause they do. They might not mean what Hightimes or Skunk say they mean, but thats coming from a media corporation not the scientists (scientists)?? themselves.

What im saying is that yeah, dont believe the hype from the mags, but at the same time theres all these people out there that JUST BECAUSE it was posted in hightimes they disregard it as hype which is bullshit. Personal experience will tell all, and getting the numbers AFTER this experience i can see being very helpful. Test these numbers against another similiar and see what you get.
    i feel you, what i mean is they dont mean shit to the masses...

im sure it would be kick ass to have your most promising strain tested as a grower because you already know its a good strain and your curious as to its qualities
    "You shouldn't have to sacrifice your most prized possession to show your commitment to a chick... Hell my girl would rather have some krunk than a diamond!"

"wait i need to get my chance in to win this banjo bub right quick, i'll help the customer in a minute."
    glass dedication at its finest