Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think if you would lose the end that has the coffee filter you could just wrap a filter around the outside of the tube, or no filter at all.

Good review, I have a similar one. I don't use a filter on mine, no problems. Love it!
    RUN BHO

Quote Originally Posted by Snipo View Post

I have one as well it works great! just wish i had a small one for 8th runs.
    There's no reason you couldn't efficiently extract and eighth out of that same tube. All you have to do is pack whatever you want to run tightly in the bottom end of the tube with some sort of makeshift weed ramrod (plastic coat hangers work well, like others have said). Having a bunch of open area in the top of the extractor doesn't make any difference, that's why these top loading tubes are so great for small runs IMO.

Really? I always thought you were supposed to make sure that the tube was packed full and evenly. That's good to know. I guess I'll lose the coffee filter too going by what you seasoned bho'ers are saying.
    TF1 Member #339

No pack that shit tight. Like I've jammed bud in really tight and never had blowout. Will help significantly with your return, maybe as much as 5%.
    Glass by: Alex K, Blue, Carlson, DC, Dosa, Freeek, Ggirl, HMK, Kennaroo, Korey, MadRob, NateDizz, Opas, Slinger, Toro, and Wildrok

Yeah but maybe he isn't always capable of packing the baster full...not all of us can afford to run QPs and HPs on the reg haha. But if you were to pack the shit out of an 8th all the way into the bottom of that tube, you should get a good result. I'd expect at least a .5g yeild from that...

cool im definetly going to look into these glass extractors, looks like it can pack way more than the ss turkey baster.

You have to pack these glass on glass tubes tight IME because if you don't you get leaks from the joints. It has to almost be overpacked so theres no play when the keck clips are on it.

I have the same one as Thor. I use it for small runs. I put a coffee filter around the outside and ziptie it on around the donut/ring. Pretty sure that's what it's there for.
    real heads don't pass the bong
    RIP "Boogie"

Love this style extractors, I have an O'kief and a ton of basters but still want a glass one.
    Glass by: AK/Sarah, Roor.de, Trikky, El Hefe, Luke Wilson, Hops, Eric Ross, Mike Fro, Goat, Jw3st, Lil' B, Kennaroo, Sasha Hess, HMK, Toro

i got the same one the OP has. Top notch IMO i dont even use my baster anymore