Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: RO

Hybrid View

Default RO

does ne one have ne pics of there ro setup i just got a stealth 100 and dont kno where to start

Well to start, you should have an adapter that screws onto your faucet; the adapter should have a slightly thicker hose, that connects to the pre-filter side (big can on right).

You will need a bucket to collect the clean water and a float valve. http://www.thefilterguys.biz/accessories.htm
    ^Scroll down this page, $15 for a float valve.

When you look at the top canister, on the left there are two outputs. The one that sticks out further to the left is the clean water line (usually blue) to be hooked to the float, the other line (usually black) goes down the drain.

There is another part on top called an auto shut-off valve, if its not already hooked to the lines I can walk you through that.

does it come with the float valve or i have to buy it seperate ? cuz i dont think i got one

No they don't come with one, you can run the filter without it but you need to manually shut it off.

haha the float valve is worth it i wound up with a little water damage that could have been prevented with the cheap easy modification.
    We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams

float is a must imo.. just make sure u get the correct one for the stealth RO which i believe i the 1/4 inch fittings Float will SAVE you.. the flow rate is so slow that if u are filling a large res, it takes a minute... And i promise you... you will flood atleast one time good luck brotha! keep it up
    "Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. " -Lou

Quote Originally Posted by 303 View Post
    float is a must imo.. just make sure u get the correct one for the stealth RO which i believe i the 1/4 inch fittings Float will SAVE you.. the flow rate is so slow that if u are filling a large res, it takes a minute... And i promise you... you will flood atleast one time good luck brotha! keep it up
    Ive got one and havent flooded my res yet but your right it does take a very long time to fill.. i used a 55 gallon drum for the waste water and used my water pump and some tubing to pump all the waste water back to the sink once it filled up enough...all in all to get 20 gallons of clean water it took like 4-5 hours..