Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Cool refining BHO w/ charcoal

see they call me the waiter cuz i got something to bring to the table. now ive heard of further cleaning bho or iso, in order to remove clorphyl (spelt rong), waxes, etc. to have a purer cleaner product like very transparent oil. One method ive come across involved activated carbon(activated charcoal) and shaking everythign up in a jar to separate unwanted shit from the goodness. So this only leads one to wonder what the results of the following would be regarding a BHO extraction. OK prep ur tube n setup how u would but what if one put a layer of act. carb. between ur coffe filter/mesh/silk screen and plant matter. Has anyone, thought of this, tryed it, or know the results. Wouldd the tane leech nething from the carbon if even possible? Ill be sure to try this but am very lazy and am not due for an oil change yet, and figured id leave it up to those who have plenty extra material as i buy all the bud that i process.

A friend of mine did this and it produced a very nice, clear, beautiful oil... however it didn't leave much in the flavour department... and that's one of the department that matters most for me. I'll take an ugly oil that tastes amazing and over a gorgeous looking oil that completely is devoid of flavour...
    "I Like Jokes"
    I Own:
    N3rd, The Goat, HMK, GGirl, Freeek, AK & Sarah, D. Maka, Kennaroo, Salt, Hops, Sable, KurtB/DWreck, Sling, Devol, N8, Brandon Martin, DownNeck, C6, Toro, RooЯ.De, K.Nail, Kobuki, El Hefe, J.Lee, Wicked Sands, Fro, Alex K, Lil 'B, Kabley, Dreams, Guybrush, Midas, Dew, Chunk, Peter B., JW3st.

RIP Roxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    I got it for $10 and it was worth it. Im not about to spend a shit load on glass when i can get just as high using my acrylic.

i understand that everyone has their preferences, but did it get you stoned just like oil with flavor?

it got me stoned yes, but left something to be desired.

what would the benefits be of stripping oil of its taste?
    "I Like Jokes"
    I Own:
    N3rd, The Goat, HMK, GGirl, Freeek, AK & Sarah, D. Maka, Kennaroo, Salt, Hops, Sable, KurtB/DWreck, Sling, Devol, N8, Brandon Martin, DownNeck, C6, Toro, RooЯ.De, K.Nail, Kobuki, El Hefe, J.Lee, Wicked Sands, Fro, Alex K, Lil 'B, Kabley, Dreams, Guybrush, Midas, Dew, Chunk, Peter B., JW3st.

RIP Roxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    I got it for $10 and it was worth it. Im not about to spend a shit load on glass when i can get just as high using my acrylic.

If those impurities are what gives the BHO it's desireable qualitites, then they don't seem like impurities to me haha

Charcoal will def scrub a lot of nasties and goodies out. Flavor and high are the two reasons I love oil so much. They are intrinsically linked.

Taking away from what's already wonderful doesn't seem to add any benefit. I remember someone saying they did an ethanol wash of BHO, made me , whats wrong with well made BHO?

I'd say using it as a 'cleaner' for 2nd run might be a worthy experiment if anyone has got the will.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    Einstein

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
    Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
    I remember someone saying they did an ethanol wash of BHO, made me , whats wrong with well made BHO?
    I do this two stage extraction everytime.
    Read two short Wiki articles about concretes and absolutes to make this clear.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_%28fragrance%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraction_%28fragrance%29

wow rather complicated

ive tried stuffing charcoal into the tube, it works okay however build up is rather quick and the tube clogs quicker

better idea is to dissolve it in your non polar solvent of choice and then filter through charcoal, re evap