Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KSpliff View Post
    Edit: To contribute to this thread, I always thought it would be cool if a curve had an encased neodymium magnet in it that allowed you to remove the ti + arm when not in use so that it is more aesthetically pleasing and no wire wrap. Then when you want to use your piece, torch your ti, stick your magnet swingarm on there and boom, dab away. The one major drawback that I see with this however is that you have a piece of ti that is several hundred degrees Fahrenheit that has much more potential to fall off and burn a hole in your leg
    good idea

i always thought it would be cool to figure out how to make a swing where the pad/swing is easily height adjustable. so you'd be able to put your dab on the pad and then pull the pad up closer to the bell.. or just have the ability to adjust the height for personal preference. but, imo, the better version of that would probably just be a dome with a one piece dabber/lid.
    real heads don't pass the bong
    RIP "Boogie"

there was a lot of drama in this thread today lol
    http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/adept_1ne/siggys.png

Quote Originally Posted by Errl View Post
    ^^ let them go at it, lol.. i'm bored at home and this is fairly entertaining. what i'm getting from all this is that apparently the errlz has negative effects on reading comprehension skills.
    Love this!!!

Glass By:
    Toro, Hitman, SG, AK, Roor, Elevate, Mer, Devol, Lil B, Wildrock, Herb C, Campy, JahFree, Alex K., Rev.Todd, Hi-Grade Mike, MNP, Mr. Furley, Petto, Banjo, Casto, Joelex, Dmak, Blazemaster83, Adam G. , Hermit, Genone, Dizzle, Creep, E.Ross, sleepingpeople, HMK

Currently Rockin:

Torus recycler

This weeks Shatter: Gods Gift

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    hey you finally got it! bike spokes look janky! (imo)

in my case, and i imagine others, its only a bike spoke because its an easily accessible way to get good stainless wire, and its even the right length pretty much.

but i make them not spokes, as i cut both ends off.

so if people have a problem with my wraps not aesthetic for them, dont try and say its because a spoke looks bad, its just a piece of stainless wire, its just the same as if one bought stainless wire when both ends are cut off. i just never found a source for stainless wire yet, but i am sure someday i will just buy rolls of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
    in my case, and i imagine others, its only a bike spoke because its an easily accessible way to get good stainless wire, and its even the right length pretty much.

but i make them not spokes, as i cut both ends off.

so if people have a problem with my wraps not aesthetic for them, dont try and say its because a spoke looks bad, its just a piece of stainless wire, its just the same as if one bought stainless wire when both ends are cut off. i just never found a source for stainless wire yet, but i am sure someday i will just buy rolls of it.
    You can get high quality SS wire in just about any dia from most welding shops. 308 or 316l or lvm are less than $20 a lb. I am not sure where you get your oxy, but if it is from a welding store ask your delivery guy or if you pick it up ask the guy at the counter. Small diameters come in spools and larger stoff comes in 3 ft rods. Both ends are stamped with the grade on the stuff that is about the dia of a bike spoke. So you lose about 3 inches or so. I hope this helps!

scanned for pics. nothing.

i am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    scanned for pics. nothing.

i am disappoint.
    Said repeatedly that I was waiting for UPS. They should have been here today, but I do live way out in the sticks.... So like I said It could very well be monday before I even get a chance to get started on this project.
    I do have a sick day scheduled for monday. My FB friends know who I am doing a collabo with. I will post some pics after the session. It is gonna be EPIC!!

i read both your threads now and i still dont understand how you are going to connect the TI plate to a quartz arm. I dont think you can just weld them together can you?!?! did you forget about needing a way to connect them together?

I think that is why most people are misunderstanding you. you havent said how you were going to connect the plate to the arm.
    fornicate the police

Quote Originally Posted by edux10 View Post
    i read both your threads now and i still dont understand how you are going to connect the TI plate to a quartz arm. I dont think you can just weld them together can you?!?! did you forget about needing a way to connect them together?

I think that is why most people are misunderstanding you. you havent said how you were going to connect the plate to the arm.
    The connection is what makes my idea different. I will post pics as soon as they are done. It is a new and different way of doing it. The Ti was supposed to show up today but UPS never showed. So I will get it monday at the earliest. I have a big day planned for monday and will be posting pics of what is happening then. It is so exciting!!! I don't want to jinx myself by saying who is scheduled to be in the shop for a collabo.....

huh? i need more weed maybe to digest that ^^^ one.

thanks for the tip LTD, i may check that out.