Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 51 12345678911 ... LastLast

Default Small Run BHO Technique

Sitting here with a few hours to kill, and a pack of trim to blow through, figured I’d stop by my tane guy and then get to work. Unfortunately he had not a can, leaving me to the few I had at home for some mini runs. I figured I’d make the most of the newfound free time with a little pictorial of my small Bud-run BHO tech.

Rather than ramble in pm’s to those who have inquired I figured I’d provide a more clear as well as visual explanation of how I do small runs. For this run I used 10 grams of The Hog. Ended up with a bit more than expected at 25% Never a bad thing Enjoy!

First things first…dabs.

Pack your tube. Whole nugs, inner flowers exposed by hand as you pack. Dabs…

I use a hose clamp, single layer natural brown coffee filter, and stainless steel mesh.

Dabs.

Credit to Bluewidow for this tip…cut the end of your adapter if you are using one. Make the most of the Canadian tane pressure.

I fill a frying pan with water that is as hot as my tap will go.

Place your pyrex on the frying pan, let it heat up, and wipe her clean with rubbing alcohol. Credit to milkman for teaching me how much easier this is when the Rex is fully heated up.

Preheat your oven…

go OUTSIDE. I take advantage of a lazy susan during spray to encourage an even layer of bho…

Spray. I stick to about a can per 30 grams of bud.

Pop it in the preheated oven once bubbles have stopped forming outside.

This is a good time to go and empty your tube…

Save your filters if you so desire…yes…filter oil. Thank you MM.

For a 10 gram run of something worth running ten grams of…gonna expect ~2.2 back so I oven it for 25 minutes.
    About 5 minutes in the oven and this is what we have

Now its time to vac the pyrex plate…

Sickle Scalers FTW
    the dichro space ship in hibernation
    Credit, Forget it.

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...ent=vacrex.mp4

Back in the oven

Vac again 10 minutes later.

Scrape onto parchment. Torch then vac.

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...=posttorch.mp4

How long I hold the vac for is strain dependent. With enough experience you can see when the solvent has worked itself out.

1-3 of these treatments then you are golden.

Time to enjoy the sap we all know and love…then do it all over again.

Sickle Scalers FTW
    Credit, Forget it.

Account Closed

as good as it gets

perfect tutorial dnote

Glass Keeper of Gamehendge iCU-are-a-toker's Avatar

You rock man!
    I dab on my Kut, Devol, KarmaScene (maka diffy/curve), SG, C6 (maka dropdown/karma diffy), and Freeek

I rip on a worked natty 4 arm pillar and a 12 arm fixed pierced hole syn.

Dishes by Devol, Strobel, Kennaroo, Rusty, N3rd, Kut.
    Dries by Slinger, AK, Kennaroo
    Slides by Hefe, LW, Toro, Roor, SG, Jack Hanshaw, AK, Opas, Lurch, Roo

hate the haters!

Smoker of the 7g's Captain Kidd's Avatar

thanks for the tutorial d-note! was wondering, before you started vacuum purging did you always use the oven to purge or did you double-boil before? i've heard of a few people using ovens to purge and i dont currently vacuum purge so i was wondering if there's any advantage to it?

thanks again man, always find myself drooling over yer oil.
    Glass by: Sovereignty, Nate Dizzle, AK/Sarah, Pakoh, Snic, El Hefe, Kennaroo, Fro, K. Tiemeyer, Korey, Dosa, Lil'B, HMK

The oven came about halfway through working my way through adding the vac into things. With or without a vac the oven cut down my fail runs MAJORLY. The basking top heat is keyyyyyy.
    Sickle Scalers FTW
    Credit, Forget it.

Mmm, gorgeous oil, great tutorial.

thankyou d-note,
    im ganna work with this in the morning or maybe tonight sense im board as hell.
    looks super nice by the way

i just wanna know how you light your pictures to make your oil pop so well? good tutorial for those who don't know now they do. also, i think i have the same work on my kut as you, if that is a kut, yours is cleaner tho

Edit: Oh, also, i find a huge difference in oil if you blast too much tane. once it runs clear, stop blasting. your oil will be so much clearer and your purge will seemingly take far less time, for obvious reasons. Plus you save a shitload of tane, and all the cans you have only like a 1/4 or 1/8 in, just fill your torch.

Yay experiential knowledge
    Last edited by s1oop; 02-28-2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Glass courtesy of: D-Mak, Hanshaw

~Staying calm, droppin' bhoombs~

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
    vac all day? i make oil in 30 minutes if i need it now

Quote Originally Posted by s1oop View Post
    i just wanna know how you light your pictures to make your oil pop so well? good tutorial for those who don't know now they do. also, i think i have the same work on my kut as you, if that is a kut, yours is cleaner tho

Edit: Oh, also, i find a huge difference in oil if you blast too much tane. once it runs clear, stop blasting. your oil will be so much clearer and your purge will seemingly take far less time, for obvious reasons. Plus you save a shitload of tane, and all the cans you have only like a 1/4 or 1/8 in, just fill your torch.

Yay experiential knowledge
    Never really noticed a difference in that sense. Experiments of moving to a 2nd pyrex have led to the conclusion it just simply isn't worth the cost of the butane after it is fully clear out the tube. Difference in quality I have yet to determine..plausible though.

My camera, although point and shoot, loves macro shots. Sony Cybershot DSC-W120. Love it to death. Standard flash...
    Sickle Scalers FTW
    Credit, Forget it.