Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer using ISO or heat to collect reclaim?

Voters
331. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISO

150 45.32%
  • Heat

150 45.32%
  • Other

31 9.37%
Page 1 of 33 12345678911 ... LastLast

Default How to Reclaim, and How to Use it

Hey TC, I know people have mentioned various techniques throughout the forums, but I thought it would be useful to have a thread just dedicated to discussing the best way to reclaim pieces. I personally wait as long as possible, which I did for this dome to experiment, and I capped one end using a clip, filled it all the way with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol, and varied between shaking it and letting it sit for about 10 minutes, or until the alcohol looks really dirty. I then purged off the ISO on boiling water (scary because I'm used to 160 degree water for BHO). This time around, I accidentally spilled some water into my pyrex as it was purging, but it ended up coming out nicely. 1.8 g's

still not totally clean, but it was so dirty and I got so much that I don't mind. reclaim in the lower left dish

This is the way I like to do it, but I also know simply using the torch to heat the glass (which supposedly is ok if with boro when done evenly and slowly) makes the claim drip out nicely. What are TC's opinions?

Also, I know that reclaim is not as tasty or nice looking as regular erl, and therefore is great for making edibles, but is it still ok to vape? I have read about ti-oxide getting into it, I wonder about the effect it has sitting in water over time, and is it the same high? Some say it makes them more sleepy, etc. Thanks! Dab on TC
    Vape some earwax hash in the Volcano in the morning, hit some QUISO on some sour D with some kief in the Toro double showerhead for lunch, vape some BHO oil on Sheldon Black bubbler for dinner, eat some cannamilk ice cream for dessert, and drink that green dragon in gummy bears and jello-shots at night. New York City all the way!

I've found boiling hot ISO, heated in the microwave to be the most effective. Usually heat it in a microwave safe cup, take it out the second it starts to boil, put it in a ziplock with the oiled piece I am cleaning, and shake vigorously for about 4-5 minutes.

Usually that cleans at least 99% of the claim out of the piece. Pour the ISO onto a pyrex and evaporate for chocolates. Works well, for my needs.

^^ This, plus I do the hot Iso bath for the body and just Heat n' drip the curve till it's clean
    G-Girl Green B&W Rig
    HMK Solid Black and Rainbow Rig

hot iso here, then i let it cool and pour it through a coffee filter before i evap

Heat drip the curve

iso the body, throw away the iso bullshit imo
    <Leebo> have you sucked dick for errl?
    <lolstoned> just about

Heat drip the curve....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1jxa76x4tQ"]YouTube - &#x202a;kutvape reclaimin pt 2&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

Iso the body, cook with both....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams View Post
    Heat drip the curve....

Iso the body, cook with both....
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Papers View Post
    no pain, no oil-stain.
    In the middle we stay calm, we just drop BHOmbs

cooking anything with claim seems to satisfy my insomnia quiteee well, and is easily concealable at work.

if your tossing your iso claim out, you are missing out on stonieness...just let the iso evaporate over time in an old pie pan, its totally worth the extra day or so, promise

heat the curve. iso the body. call it a hazy afternoon when you make cookies with both.

Townie

-Pardon me, but fuck hard drugs and all that are involved.-
    -For me the 60's ended that day, in 1978-
    -Don't hate the Eight, Resident Master Shredder-

2Wierd2Live2Rare2Die RaoulDuke420's Avatar

heat as much as possible - iso the rest with as little as possible.

do with it what ever the times demand, be it out
    - giving em out to buds
    - pill capsules
    - cooking

However if forced to put back on the Ti i'd recomend the stuff you got back with heat =P
    "There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there is nothing left to do, and nothing else to pursue." ~ Yamamoto Tsunetomo

+ = + ... =