Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer using ISO or heat to collect reclaim?

Voters
323. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISO

145 44.89%
  • Heat

147 45.51%
  • Other

31 9.60%
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

I have no shame in dabbing my reclaim, it gets me high as poop and doesn't taste too bad to me? I still think I would rather dab reclaim than smoke flowers.
    Toro, Darby DC, Wicked Sands

Slides by: Salt, Rebel, BC Glass, Zach P, Liberty Glass,
    Morgan oil dome.

Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skcuspar03

Quote Originally Posted by skcuspar03 View Post
    I have no shame in dabbing my reclaim, it gets me high as poop and doesn't taste too bad to me? I still think I would rather dab reclaim than smoke flowers.
    hmmm, claim or smoke flowers.... that might be a poll-worthy question, right there!

lights every time biclighterinuse's Avatar

when i claim to make edibles with the wet claim in the pieces, i always strain it through a filter.

it takes out that bit of junk throughout the oil and makes it a cleaner, lighter oil.

it also seems to have less of the sting associated with iso oils.
    Feel free to message me with any questions, I'll do my best to help. mod squad

Hey TC i want your opinion on this idea thats been floating around my head for a while now.... Ive read that people save there coffee filters for filter oil runs ( just seen bits of this here and there not sure if its been done or what) but it had got me thinkin because I used a coffee filter to clean off my dabber as i had no paper towel near by, and it got me thinking... If you cleaned your dabber on the unbleached filter and saved up enough filters could you not spray the filters covered in the claim? Im no scientist and this could be the most retarded question ever but I figured who better to ask !

Im not sure if this answers your question, but i save my filters and such. I just shake em up in a jar with some iso and let that evap. I ran a few filters, some razors with erl i couldnt get off. I also wipe my dabber on a coffee filter, or a piece of parchment paper, and i ran that too, the same way as the filters. and i got a good amount of reclaim. It would be interesting to try spraying the materials though.

I just did a reclaim wash using 99% alcohol... I let it soak in a pyrex dish in a pan of boiling water, took 35 minutes before I was happy. The plan is to cook, but for I tested a small bit with a bic lighter, and a small spark came off. ISO left over, I plan on cooking it, but i'll purge some more, to be safe. How long do you usually cook ISO reclaim before the ISO is all generally gone?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboomer View Post
    I just did a reclaim wash using 99% alcohol... I let it soak in a pyrex dish in a pan of boiling water, took 35 minutes before I was happy. The plan is to cook, but for I tested a small bit with a bic lighter, and a small spark came off. ISO left over, I plan on cooking it, but i'll purge some more, to be safe. How long do you usually cook ISO reclaim before the ISO is all generally gone?
    I use a good amount of iso when getting my reclaim so it takes a while for mine to evap. 2days is what i do. The old slow method with no heat. Ive never evaped over a flame. It seems insafe. Also, i figure when i cook with the claim iso, that any leftover solvent is going to be cooked off. I may be wrong though...just what ive done in the past.

Hope that helps a little...

It does help kushman, and it helps re-enforce my thinking that the cooking with help evap what little ISO is left over. Going try doing a longer evap next time (your 2 day method) to see how much ISO is left over compared to my quick purge, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboomer View Post
    It does help kushman, and it helps re-enforce my thinking that the cooking with help evap what little ISO is left over. Going try doing a longer evap next time (your 2 day method) to see how much ISO is left over compared to my quick purge, thanks.
    Sounds good man. 2 days is nice and thorough. I have a buddy who does a real quick purge. He puts a few fans on it and lets it evap for like 5 hours...not long enough imo, but the shit he makes turns out decent. Either way, im a big beleiver in slow n low!

Glad i could help. Lemmy know how it goes.

Dabbin iT/Ti all Day lezblazeit's Avatar

ok some ppl think its nasty and some think its not. im not afraid to admit im 1 of the ppl who likes to dab claim. i reclaim my piece everyday and get .7- 1g every time. to me its just recycling. we dab errl all day one day, by the night my rig is filthy, so i clean/reclaim it and the next day we dab the claim. and it kinda helps with my tolerance, switching from errl to claim everyday or so.
    but i reclaim it with 91% iso and evap it in the hot sink water (which will burn ur skin if u touch it!) for about 30 mins and its ready to scrape and dab. but b4 i dab it i do a quick torch test and run the flame over it and if it sparks too much it heat the dish and stir the claim till its ok. but i never add too much heat. i have two kinds of claim from 2 days. here are some pix.

on the left is some lighter colored claim with a thicker textured kinda like peanut butter. and on the right is some darker runnier claim.

i think the pb claim is better tasting and stonier...the dish was full but now as u can see its not
    but i guess the claim depends on the kinda errl it came from.
    i've tried cooking with it a couple times and honestly i rather dab it...
    Glass By: SSFG-Ray V, ROOЯ [x2], Sheldon Black, Alex K, Justin Perry, HERMIT, ZOB, Gabe, LABWORXS, Ben, J. Smart, Tod Brown, Grav Labs, Eric B, +MORE COMING SOON
    [MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT]