Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Collecting a shit on of SGs or toros is like collecting a bunch of 94 mustangs. Sure they were awesome jn 1994, but now they are all outdated and useless because Ford puts out a new edition every year and the 94 model wasn't special.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Green View Post
    Collecting a shit on of SGs or toros is like collecting a bunch of 94 mustangs. Sure they were awesome jn 1994, but now they are all outdated and useless because Ford puts out a new edition every year and the 94 model wasn't special.
    Lol, "Haters gonna hate," TB. You have an amazing collection, and anyone who thinks otherwise just can't run with the pack.

(left, left, left, right, up, down, a, x, theta, delta, gamma, dx/dy)^3 - (Quark*Higgs Particle)/2

Our king dubs would look great together, Im seriously loving that milk on the stemline! toooo sick! Sov is the beyond innovating... all the freaking time. One of the sickest tubes of all time. Look at that down stem stack!
    Quote Originally Posted by slingtron 3030 View Post
    Rust1nP3ace is a good chess player, until he gets too stoned ...

Glass by: Sovereignty, Gateson, Sable, Salt, Snic, Sling, Jag, Marcel, Opas, Hops, Robin Hood, AJ-Sara, Hermit, Jorgenson, Travis Weber, AKM, Toro, John Kobuki, Ben Burton, AK, Dale Sommers, Strobel, Nathan Snyder, Brent Gerber

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Green View Post
    Great comparison; especially since 94 Ford Mustangs are constantly appreciating. Lately, everyone's been complaining about how people snipe all the Mustangs right off the showroom floor, and sell them for profit on the used market.

I'll make sure to contact you for some advice before I make my next glass purchase; I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TB505 View Post
    Great comparison; especially since 94 Ford Mustangs are constantly appreciating. Lately, everyone's been complaining about how people snipe all the Mustangs right off the showroom floor, and sell them for profit on the used market.

I'll make sure to contact you for some advice before I make my next glass purchase; I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TB505 View Post
    Yes I've said something both times... All they said is that I'll be receiving it in a few days. It was free both times because my order was over $600, but still.

Living on the east cost, USPS Priority mail has always been two days flat whether its from Cali, NY, or wherever in the US, and they deliver on Saturdays. UPS ground has taken as long as 8 days before, and they don't deliver on Satudays. So even if they received the package at their warehouse Friday late afternoon, you won't get it until Monday afternoon.
    Pretty lame response from ALT but I wouldn't expect anything more.

I've gotten and sent stuff USPS priority across the country and like you said, only takes 2 days.
    I hatehatehate that UPS won't deliver on Saturdays and I don't understand why not, you'd think they would to compete with USPS.

I love how you show the piece from different angles in your vids, just keep the coming

Lol@Floyd, I think TB is doing fine.
    Last edited by flammzrant; 05-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.

My apologies. Your collection is very nice. I was only suggesting diversity. In 10 years all the prodo SG and toro won't be worth the money you are paying now, unless they are rare/collabs. They only appreciate immediately as the demand for the new piece is high and then depreciate after that as more people aquire them and perc technology and work advances. You can just look at all the older toro and prodo on bm going for under retail. A heady piece, like a one of a kind car or a fine wine, will appreciate over time.

You have an outstanding collection. Keep appreciating the art!!
    Last edited by Floyd Green; 05-06-2012 at 02:55 PM.

!!
    Last edited by Floyd Green; 05-06-2012 at 02:56 PM.

(left, left, left, right, up, down, a, x, theta, delta, gamma, dx/dy)^3 - (Quark*Higgs Particle)/2

That one king dub to stem is pretty rare... only seen one like it if any. My king dub is unique; usually the fully worked ones (especially worked king dubs) are one of a kind in some way in shaping or work... and seriously... being a glassblower and knowing how he assembles them BY HAND, the limitations on glass and human strength make it almost impossible to reproduce; and as far as functionality goes it is one of the most unique heavy hitters on the market... if you can find one
    what I'm trying to say is...
    there is no way in hell anyone in the future in going to make something better than a worked king dub.

as a glassblower it is mind blowing how he attaches all these crazy joints perfectly. In most tubes, there is only one axis of rotation, but in this tube there are essentially 3 (with the mouthpiece.) that means that a lathe cannot be used to assemble this piece... meaning you have to do what a lathe does, with 1700 degree F glass (1000 out of the kiln), rotating 2 bulky, awkward, 7lb pieces of glass.

SG is a madman
    respect.
    Last edited by Rust1nP3ace; 05-07-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingtron 3030 View Post
    Rust1nP3ace is a good chess player, until he gets too stoned ...

Glass by: Sovereignty, Gateson, Sable, Salt, Snic, Sling, Jag, Marcel, Opas, Hops, Robin Hood, AJ-Sara, Hermit, Jorgenson, Travis Weber, AKM, Toro, John Kobuki, Ben Burton, AK, Dale Sommers, Strobel, Nathan Snyder, Brent Gerber

that bad ass worked crazy pillar is seriously awesome man, and your collection if off the charts, you get what you want and you must respect a man or woman who gets what they want, that being said...

Bad ass collection
    Last edited by SweetSlice; 05-07-2012 at 11:21 AM.