Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

even though its hard if you have put the money and effort into a large collection you should try to keep them clean at all times rather than having a cleaning day that takes too long

I never let any of my pieces get very dirty, but if I was too worried about keeping every single one spotless, I'd never have any time to enjoy them.

you have an amazing collection TB505!

New pickup - Dosa Kettle Curve

Dosa Kettle Curve

^good shit. how is it compared to a kut curve ( do ye have one yet, figured you would...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    ...best recognize where you are junior.
    this is Tokecity.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyezlow View Post
    If it wasn't for toke city, I wouldn't go on the computer

yes, I have a couple HMKs. You'll see them in my videos of my Toro Micro Frothilator and Toro Micro Internaline.

It's definitely my favorite type of curve so far... makes me wish some of my rigs had built in downstems opposed to one thats connected to the curve.

yeah I've held off on a couple rigs becuase alot of them have a one piece curve/diffy setups... I'm not a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    ...best recognize where you are junior.
    this is Tokecity.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyezlow View Post
    If it wasn't for toke city, I wouldn't go on the computer

I wanted to do a review of the best butane torch I've used to date, the Blazer Big Shot GT 8000.

I've used quite a few other torches; 3 different Bonjour models (same brand as the Bed, Bath & Beyond torch), a Bernzomatic, a Vector Nitro, a brand carried by Williams-Sonoma (You'd think at least that one would be nice!), and finally, the Blazer Big Shot GT8000.

Every single one of those torches has started to malfunction, feel flimsy, or completely fall apart within 4 months of purchasing a new one. It's either been the ignitor breaking, one of the buttons or knobs malfunctioning, the refill valve leaking, or a combination of those things. It's usually due to cheap quality. Even if they have a warranty, I hate the hassle of sending it back and not have it for a while, and you have to deal with them slowly degrading until the point of having to return them every few months.

After dealing with so many poorly made torches, I was wanting something high quality that would feel solid and last a lifetime. I didn't care if I had to spend triple or quadruple what these other torches were; it'd be cheaper in the end compared to buying a new one every few months, along with not having the stress of them constantly breaking.

I came across the Blazer Big Shot GT 8000. I couldn't find many reviews on this torch, and it didn't seem like many people on the forums had heard of it or had experience with one. So I took a shot in the dark and bought it, hoping that it'd be good as it was one of the more expensive ones ($90 MSRP, but can be had for about $56 online).

Best purchase I've made when it comes to butane torches. Everything about the torch feels solid, and is high quality.

-The ignitor has never had an issue lighing- first time every single time, literally. This has broken on half of my other torches, and only worked half the time on the ones that still work.

-When I refill it, the refill valve feels more solid than any other I've used, and it actually sounds different... more like refilling a tire where you can hear there's no air escaping, whereas my other torches, you could tell a tiny bit of butane was being lost in the transaction.

-The refill valve has also shown to be much more reliable than on other butane torches. Over time, it never shows signs of leaking any fuel, where as all the other torches I've had, eventually they start to leak, even when only halfway full.

-The tank holds more butane than the other torches I've used, while only feeling slightly bigger. Even with the flame being slightly bigger than any of my other torches, between the larger tank, being more efficient, and never leaking gas, it clearly lasts longer than any of my other torches.

-The gas knob still feels the same today a year after purchase, as it did when it was new. I've had issues with not being able to tighten the knob enough to turn off the butane, and this never has that problem.

-The flame is nice and big, about as big as you could ever want, but not too big. You can also turn it down to a low enough setting for smaller things like 14mm ti nails, or maybe a glass/quartz nail that can't be heated as quickly.

-This torch regulates the fuel better than any other torch I've used. It is recommend that when refilling a butane torch, you should empty the last bit of butane out before doing so. Most torches I've used, you'll end up wasting the last 5-10% of the gas tank each time because there's not enough fuel pressure to give a big enough flame as you need. With this torch, I'm able to use nearly every bit of the gas before refilling, as it is able to regulate it much better, giving a full flame until the very end. You'll notice a slight drop in flame strength throughout the gas tank of course, but far from the typical amount you'd notice in most other butane torches.

The majority of the reason I wanted to do this review was because it seems very few people know about this torch. Between not being able to find any reviews online, hardly anyone on the forums knowing about it, and just about everyone being stuck on Vector Nitros or Bonjour brand torches, I felt I had to spread the word. I've honestly been wondering, what's taking so long for everyone to catch on? These things are AWESOME!!
    Last edited by TB505; 02-28-2012 at 04:05 AM.

You have an AMAZING collection, just a question, the mini mammoth vs the single macro?...Oh and by the way, looove your SG/Hitman and your AC...actually now that I think of it, you don't have a single piece I wouldn't like to own, specially in the SG section...Congrats man, you are one lucky guy to own such a beautiful collection

Awesome review on the torch TB505. I have a smaller blazer that works great on curves, but takes a little longer than I want it to on nails. Perhaps the Big Shot is the solution.

I'm also curious for you to compare your mini mammoth and the toro single macro. I literally just picked up a mini mammoth yesterday and love it. I was thinking a toro macro eventually, so it would be nice for a comparison. You rule man, keep the excellent reviews going
    Tubes: U.S. Tubes 9mm beaker, Luke Wilson/Arty inline, TC/Elevate collab.,
    and a 7/13 Toro fixed stem

Oil Rigs: C6 Mini-Mammoth

Slides: Arty, Beetleseuss, Cowboy, Pakoh, Roo, and Zoltan

Ash-catchers: SGW showerhead and a Zoltan inline