Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh the Shame...

Although I agree with Bones that TC is more focused to "end users" rather than growers...hell, Bob pointed that out in the OP...I'd still say it's a worth while goal tryin' to make TC a better growin' resource. Things change...that's what life's about.

Folks keep bringin' up IC as some sorta ultimate level to reach, but personally I ain't even slightly interested in joinin'. Don't get me wrong...they gotta huge archive o' knowledge that I've freely helped m'self to, but what I seen when I lurked through was a lotta petty drama, too. An' judging from summa the posts here, I ain't alone there, either. Sure don't need to put up with that. We don't hafta clone IC to have a good site here.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    ...I don't see us beatin up ICMag anytime soon, and I got no desire to follow that road anyways. We don't need huge traffic counts to be good, we jus need good input...
    Completely agreed. But good input is only half the equation. Just like that plant we all know an' love, it's simply gonna take time and attention t' get great results.
    ..."Wie het kleine niet eert is het grote niet weerd."...

...If you don't honor the small, you're not worth the grande...

Dutch Proverb—Aad, Sept. 2008

Stealthy Apartment Micro-Grow

Guide to Apartment Growing

I saw Weed Wars first episode. I don't even have sound, and all I could do wuz hang my head in shame. This, is how the world views us.

....fukkin sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ThemStrongBones View Post
    I have come to come to realize unfortunately, like Simon, that TC caters to "the users" (to put it harshly), or rather the people who tend to focus on the plant as an object through consumption instead of the history and importance of the plant as a whole. Dont get me wrong, I really love this city for everything that it has taught me about the more progressive aspects of glass and concentrates. However, a vast majority of those people who have a profound curiosity in cannabis, those same people who really get down and dirty and dirty doing huge guerilla grows in foreign countries and breed there own strains solely for hash production, and actually have the balls to post it on the internet, reside at IC.
    Ahhh, this is the point I'm drivin at.

TC caters to the glass blowin scene...that's it. Mad's got a business to run, so that's wut his (and therefore the site's) focus is on. The concentrate crew built their playground...Mad din't do that, he jus provided the space, same as he does fer us growers. It's up to us how to use it.

While it is true, there is not much here fer me to learn, concernin the areas I wish to learn aboot, you touch on the real opportunity that exists here...teachin folks. Mad pushes & promotes an elite level of glass participation, which networks folks who are the cream of the crop in the industry, right alongside of folks completely new to it. The concentration crew has the most elite folks as far as knowledge, and they teach the n00bs as well. Fer the growers...eh, we're a lil lackin, so we need more teachin. Fer me, that works great...I like helpin folks...but I only know so much, and I'm only interested in certain things. It's gonna take more than jus me. And here's how I see that happenin...

As far as I kin tell, there are a fair number of members here who, as you mentioned, have reached a level of stagnation in learnin anything from here...but they're here. Here in this big ole room fulla ignorant "users". Do you not think we should educate them?...rather than havin 'em run around makin us all look bad. I mean, who would not benefit from that?

[rant]
    I mean when I'm findin out a lotta folks I know personally, are smokin shit that's grown until harvest in highly toxic levels of "organic" HotShot NPS's, AND bein sprayed with other "organic" pesticides (none of which are "organic"), usin fert products that violate carcinogen allowances......then there's somethin fukkin wrong with the system!
    [/rant]

Excuse me...where wuz I?....oh yes, the opportunity to teach...

We all benefit. Those elitist glass & oil heads git to be more elite, the n00bs kin learn & become educated like we did, and us?...well I think you'd find, if there were a lotta us postin & teachin, that those actions spark discussions, on the level we're lookin for. And in the end, we promote happy, healthy, intelligent cannabis consumption.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

I couldnt agree w/ ya more Bob on the Weed Wars thing! I watched it & just shook my head. Hell it got to the point i didnt wanna watch it anymore...kinda like a bad car wreck on the hiway.Ya know it's fukked up but ya cant turn you head away cuz you're hoping for a good outcome. I just never saw the good outcome on that show.

I also agree that this is 1 site that seriously lacks in the growing areas. The glass guys are superb as are the oil guys but the grow area def needs some help.
    You've done a great job in helping there for sure my friend!

I will try to help out as much as I can. I know sfzoo has asked me to hang out more & I'm trying to. I am still just getting back into the swing of things so to speak. When I DO have some boxes up & running I will do a thread here explaining all that I do & why i do it that way.

Hoping you are having a grand holiday season Bob!

Peace...wpw
    Brother Bartholomew of The Order of Hellfire

^^^ Sniped from cyber-space ^^^

You may see new members....that seem to know me already....cuz they do.

Some, like WPW, I intentionally go after...because I want my friends here, because I want more experienced growers here, because I wanna build the base. Others, like ~GS~, just show up with some backhanded quips, so I engage them in discussion, rather than chastise them fer their words...cuz a lotta folks are really knowledgeable, despite their tone.

Some folks ain't accepted by others, I'm not fond of that. Many places have lil "mod squads" that like to take a jack-boot approach, ICMag comes to mind, but I like folks to have more freedom than that...there is room fer everyone, even if I don't care fer wut they got to say. When's the last time you've seen a mod give anybody shit in the grow forums here?...I can't remember when. And that shows somethin really positive aboot our membership here, they have a level of intelligence that doesn't resort to high school antics.

Now, if I kin jus git soma the old fuddy-duddies offa their keisters, and git 'em to share their knowledge...
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

They sed there'd never be another OverGrow...

...maybe I'm jus an incurable romantic...

...cuz I'd like to try.

Bob.. I love it.

IM TRYING BOB!!!!! I have just under 900 post;s mostly stoner/lazy nonsence but they are in the right spot's

These are my fav Grower forum's, not sure why. I think it's the peope behind the keyboards.
    Last edited by vial; 12-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    My current.... Buds forming 2k+ room and a 1k roomhttp://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=38521

my legal grow build

Ranks right up there with trying a Strobe light because of some crazy "the plant only absorbs light in phases" theory...

because I want my friends here, because I want more experienced growers here, because I wanna build the base. Others, like ~GS~, just show up with some backhanded quips, so I engage them in discussion, rather than chastise them fer their words...cuz a lotta folks are really knowledgeable, despite their tone.

I like folks to have more freedom than that...there is room fer everyone, even if I don't care fer wut they got to say. When's the last time you've seen a mod give anybody shit in the grow forums here?...I can't remember when. And that shows somethin really positive aboot our membership here, they have a level of intelligence that doesn't resort to high school antics.
    Now, if I kin jus git soma the old fuddy-duddies offa their keisters, and git 'em to share their knowledge...

Bob, it's funny that you were the one who had to point out that in this conversation, that started on more joking terms than not, you've not made a peep to the contrary of anyone else. Only a supportive and collective attitude towards comments closer to attacks than actual feedback and ideas. I would hope that anyone who posts on TC, wants to post on TC and is not doing so to belittle or demean anyone else, that's not the game here and in the few months I've been here, like Bob iterated, I've seen nothing even bordering on the sort of things that have been negatively added to a conversation created for spirited and uplifting !community! debate on ways to better the grow forum. We might even go as far as to take this thread as an example of what shouldn't be happening on TC. What should be happening is simple, shared knowledge for the betterment of each individuals ability to grow cannabis and spread the idea that this is an important plant that should be respected and used properly. We are not users here, we respect every single part of cannabis. If ogling a bong or some crystally ass nuggs makes us users then you're completely undermining the amount of knowledge each person on here has and is gaining. I'm sorry for a long, drawn out conclusion, but it was sad reading some of the stuff in this thread, no one should ever say that there's no use for a grow section here, it is here and we use it the way we do and I've been lovin' if since I began, got nothin' but help and some supreme crop!

Not everythin is positive in debate.

The negative helps us focus on areas that need attention.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Not everythin is positive in debate.

The negative helps us focus on areas that need attention.
    You're right Bob, we need people to come and attack the system to find the cracks. I just don't like hearing a place I've found just as many resources, and a ton less bullshit than any other of those sites mentioned, being put down as unnecessary and malnourished. I don't believe it is. We do need to get more people with pics and knowledge on here, true, I was just hoping given ideas would help us not tell us to shut down, because glass and hash are most important here. We're lucky enough to have this whole site and I just want to give props to all those involved and encourage everyone to participate and create a community!

Well when it comes right down to it, we are both unnecessary and malnourished...there are plenty of other sites with a lot more info. But, just like we can't only focus on the positive, we kin also not jus focus on the negative. Plus, I tend to like to buck the status quo.

And, by focusin on those facts, we ignore the positive qualities and lose sight of opportunity. Some sites, which shall remain nameless, are hidden and only accessible by way of invite...we are positively more accessible. Some sites, like GC, have n00bs runnin around parrotin the latest, greatest advise, without knowledge & experience...we positively have less bullshit bein spread. Some sites, like IC, are heavy-handed, in wut they allow you to say...we are positively more accepting of folks. These are BIG positives......they give us more than ample reason to refine wut we got.

Doubters will always exist. Ask Mad, I doubted the viability of TC when it wuz first started....and Mad & Co. have proved me wrong. Not to say I wuzn't always hopin fer his success, jus that I know itsa rough market to enter. Now...his success inspires me. Inspires me to work against the odds, to strive fer a vision, to either bring the "expert" growers here or grow them ourselves.

That's really wut this thread wuz for....inspiration.

Hoping to inspire those of us who are shy, to speak...to inspire those of us who know little, to learn...to inspire those of us who know a lot, to teach...to inspire those of us with ideas, to try them out...to inspire those of us who wonder, to ask...to inspire us all, to communicate.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##