Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Default Stone Glass Works Short Waffle Tube V1

Specs:
    Bore: 44mm.
    Thickness: 4mm.
    Height: 14in.
    Base Diameter: 4in.
    Joint: 18mm.
    Diffusers/Perculators: Fixed stem “Waffle” perc
    Ice Pinches: 3

Drag/Flow:
    Almost all of the drag on this tube is at the very beginning but, once it starts bubbling there is no noticeable drag. One of my favorite things about this tube is the flow can be adjusted to your liking by changing the water levels. There is also some slight drag on the clear.

Diffusion/Filtration:
    The “Waffle” perc has three gridded slits all positioned near the end of the perc. The diffusion provided from the grids is incredible. All of the holes fire when I pull on the tube unlike my friends older “Waffle” which has slits that are more spaced out. The “Waffle” bubbles really nicely, usually stacking three to four inches of bubbles.

Craftsmanship:
    When it comes to craftsmanship I’m a stickler. In my opinion the welds are a little bit sloppy and the reinforcement on the joint seems a bit wimpy. The tubing is a little warped around the perc’s reinforcement too. One good thing I noticed right away way the perfect placement of the ice pinches None of the things I saw effected the function of the tube in any way though.

Overall Thoughts:
    This is a great functioning tube but the craftsmanship isn’t perfect. I highly recommend a “waffle” tube to anyone who likes a nice, well diffused hit.

** If you have any questions about the tube feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Pictures:
    Full Tube:

Waffle

Joint:

Water Test:

Milk:

SGW/Koji IP slide:

Edit: The last picture makes the tube look off center but it's not that is just my sloppy tripod work.

Sweet review man, I can agree about the craftsmanship on the exact parts you called out. Other than that it's a great tube for $300. Excellent for dabbin!
    Glass by: TORO, StoneGlassWorks, HealthStone, Sara Shade, Shawn Daddy, KarmaSceneGlass, FishBone, Ben Wilson and still growing!

I've owned mine for awhile and its a really nice clean snap. I've smacked and dropped it so many times and it still holds strong.

They are definitely quality ripping tubes! good review. i think my waffle sees more action than any of my other girls do. i fully endorse em
    glass by: sg, sgw, luke wilson, jake wilson, royal, salt, headford, mgw, hvy, us tubes, 4.0, tako, jake c, gordman, kraig/herb c, medicali, sling/snic

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Drag/Flow:
    Almost all of the drag on this tube is at the very beginning but, once it starts bubbling there is no noticeable drag. One of my favorite things about this tube is the flow can be adjusted to your liking by changing the water levels. There is also some slight drag on the clear.
    try tilting the tube about 45DEG so that there isnt any water in the larger portion of the downsteam. still flows and functions great without the initial drag. IMO

from this>>>

to this>>>
    Just keep on given'r

Own(ed) glass by:

Bubblers:Jake Wilson, Unknown Artist
    Oil Rigs: Inner Fire
    Tubes: EHLE (rip), SGW
    Slides: SALT, Freeek, Christina Cody, Creep, Arty

Thanks guys I really like this tube. I would like to add that I got to hit my friends V2 the other day and I have to say the taste is a lot better.

I like to fill my water up to the bottom of the t now its crazy how changing the water levels affects the hit so much in my other pieces it isn't very noticeable

Excellent review Jackal. I've been contemplating getting one because every time I see on the bubbles are stacked four inches up the tube lol. Its good to know where there may be weak point too, Thanks.