If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Default Zero stress training?

Well i was thinking if cannabis plants grow towards the light could we not train a single plant to grow how we want by moving the light around the room gradually? like lst but with light instead of wire?

so has this been tried?

I'd imagine you could only go so far with it.. Like how colleseum grows work with a semi horizontal growth. You could only make the plant do so much before it negatively effects the growth and makes it stretch; but interesting none the less.. I've been in colleseum grows and it's like a wall of bud 360 degrees and outside it looks like stems going towards the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Addlestoner
    ...could we not train a single plant to grow how we want by moving the light around the room gradually?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-ognob
    You could only make the plant do so much...
    ...cuz the plant recognizes gravity.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    ...cuz the plant recognizes gravity.
    Thanks for clearing that up i was wondering wether they did, Looks like im gunna have to wait til outer space growing to try this haha

Gotta be some info on it...I'm quite certain they've grown plants on the space station.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bob View Post
    Gotta be some info on it...I'm quite certain they've grown plants on the space station.
    intresting... I will google.
    My current.... Buds forming 2k+ room and a 1k roomhttp://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=38521

my legal grow build

Ranks right up there with trying a Strobe light because of some crazy "the plant only absorbs light in phases" theory...

keywords to search on "gravitropism" & "plant biology"

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...69526604001220

Gravitropism has attracted much attention from plant biologists. Recent studies have provided molecular evidence supporting two long-surviving hypotheses about the mechanism of gravitropism: the starch-statolith hypothesis and the Cholodney–Went hypothesis. Amyloplast movement along the gravity vector within gravity-sensing cells in the root and shoot is the most likely trigger of subsequent intracellular signaling. Several possible events leading from this signaling to differential auxin distribution within the sensing cells have been suggested recently.

You ever not rotated a plant in the corner for a few weeks then given it a turn? I would say yes you can... to a degree
    Last edited by mothersfinest; 05-06-2012 at 10:18 PM.

is this just some stoned thought or do you have a reason for this, are you trying to maximize a cfl gor, or are you talking about re hanging a 1000 watt fixture every other day. they make lights movers if you dont want to add a light. More lights, more plants, more A/C,tighter canopy, smaller space, 1000 watts for every 16 sq feet, plants per 1000 depends on pot size. 3-5 gallon pot if using soilless media, 9-16 plants depending on how many kolas vs side branches you want.
    Meditate On Bass Weight