Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Amsterdam Laws?

I am planning a trip around Europe from late May to early June. Amsterdam is on our list of cities and I have read to many conflicting articles to draw a real conclusion regarding there new drug policies. I have read this ban of foreigners will go into effect may 1 in 3 southern provinces? I have read it has already gone into effect? I don't know who to believe besides a coffeshop owner or a resident of the Netherlands. Unfortunately I do no know either one. Any one with any information or any connections to coffeshop owners or residents please help!!! i leave in about a month SO PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Dear coffeeshop visitors and fellow smokers coming to Amsterdam, some international media have been reporting incorrectly about the current Dutch coffeeshop situation. But let's put it to you real simple...
    COFFEESHOPS ARE OPEN TO EVERYBODY!!!
    Update: November 2011,

There won't be a weed pass until at least 2015 and it has become highly questionable that this will ever be implemented in Amsterdam!

Also the newly proposed 15% THC law is just a concept law that still has to be discussed and approved by the Dutch Parliament.

When new information on these subjects comes in, we will update it on the site!

So no more cancelations of trips now please! It's business as usual!

Hope to see you in Amsterdam soon!

Your loyal Grey Area Team
    www.greyarea.nl

Couldnt thank you more, saved me a bunch of worries!see yal soon!

Good to hear, enjoy your trip man

That's sweet. I was getting worried my time was running up. I had stopped in the air port of the damn but have not been about to actually visit yet.
    My current.... Buds forming 2k+ room and a 1k roomhttp://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=38521

my legal grow build

Ranks right up there with trying a Strobe light because of some crazy "the plant only absorbs light in phases" theory...

Restriction laws are in fact going to be implemented may 1st in the 3 southernmost provinces Zeeland, Nord-Brabant and Limburg bordering germany and belgium. Amsterdam is not in these provinces but far up north. They also got a quite liberal major so it is highly unlikely that a "weedpass" will ever be in effect in amsterdam.

Best Regards

Account Closed

Thats such bull by the time i get around to try and go it will be better to travel to california for cannabis tourism LOL even though it wouldnt be the same as experiencing culture of amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbonestradamus View Post
    Thats such bull by the time i get around to try and go it will be better to travel to california for cannabis tourism LOL even though it wouldnt be the same as experiencing culture of amsterdam.
    Been in cali once and in amsterdam frequently. Cali owns Amsterdam by miles right now. Choice of goods, glassware, vibes, artists, the whole movement. All thats pretty much dead or commercialized in amsterdam. In California it still feels genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by malcroft View Post
    Been in cali once and in amsterdam frequently. Cali owns Amsterdam by miles right now. Choice of goods, glassware, vibes, artists, the whole movement. All thats pretty much dead or commercialized in amsterdam. In California it still feels genuine.
    I'm sorry but Amsterdam blows Southern California away merely because there are actual establishments where you can socialize, eat, have a drink AND smoke cannabis.

In Southern California you are relegated to the confines of a few sparse events and your friends' living rooms.

Here is the latest from Amsterdam, from a coffeeshop owner....Marc Josemans told The Amsterdam Herald. His Easy Going coffeeshop was closed by the city council last Friday for breaching the new rules. Josemans is going to court on June 5 to challenge the council’s authority to enforce them. The new law has turned coffeeshops into private clubs whose members must have a permanent address in the Netherlands. Visitors are banned from the cafes as the government tries to cut down on the problem of drug tourism. If the wietpas law prevails, Josemans fears it will spell the end of Dutch efforts to build an alternative