Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qwiso shatter

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Dank View Post
    It doesn't have to be a baster...stainless steel tube + rubber stoppper + SS screen works even better than a baster, and you don't have to worry about issues with the taper, or packing against the flow of tane. Giving up on BHO because you can't find a stainless steel turkey baster is lazy as hell.
    I never said I have given up on BHO. I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I have a bunch of plastic materials i could use, but ive heard butane leeches chemicals that will make me sick.. So when i get the correct tubing i will definitely try BHO

So why not go to a hardware store to buy said proper tubing instead of spending a ton of time on an inferior extraction method?

"I dont have that in my house" is indicative of an attitude that mixes poorly with a process involving flammable solvents...

And yes, I'm giving you a hard time, because you're asking questions that not only have been answered on this forum many times before (there IS a search function), but are about a process that's basically obsolete. Then in a few weeks or months or whatever when you finally do decide to try BHO, you'll likely make a thread called something like "My First BHO run!" that asks more really broad questions that have been answered hundreds of times before. Maybe I'm wrong, but that ^ does seem to happen an awful lot on here, and you've started down the same path.

Skip the bullshit, start learning/reading about BHO on here now, then do half a dozen sprays so you can get an idea of what questions to ask, then use the search function to try to find answers, if you still can't find an answer after searching EXTENSIVELY, make a thread (or even better, a post in The Purging Thread) with links to a couple of the posts/threads you looked at that were relevant to your problem(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreams View Post
    Understanding WHY you do certain things is more important than understanding HOW you do them.
    Budder sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Dank View Post
    So why not go to a hardware store to buy said proper tubing instead of spending a ton of time on an inferior extraction method?

"I dont have that in my house" is indicative of an attitude that mixes poorly with a process involving flammable solvents...

And yes, I'm giving you a hard time, because you're asking questions that not only have been answered on this forum many times before (there IS a search function), but are about a process that's basically obsolete. Then in a few weeks or months or whatever when you finally do decide to try BHO, you'll likely make a thread called something like "My First BHO run!" that asks more really broad questions that have been answered hundreds of times before. Maybe I'm wrong, but that ^ does seem to happen an awful lot on here, and you've started down the same path.

Skip the bullshit, start learning/reading about BHO on here now, then do half a dozen sprays so you can get an idea of what questions to ask, then use the search function to try to find answers, if you still can't find an answer after searching EXTENSIVELY, make a thread (or even better, a post in The Purging Thread) with links to a couple of the posts/threads you looked at that were relevant to your problem(s).
    I haven't spent a lot of my time making qwiso, i'm new to it. I'm learning the process with a cheaper method. Why is that a problem for you? I can go to BHO at anytime i want, and I am aware that QWISO is an "inferior" method. I don't care. Your negativity is unappreciated.
    Last edited by HayZee; 07-14-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HayZee View Post
    I haven't spent a lot of my time making qwiso, i'm new to it. I'm learning the process with a cheaper method. Why is that a problem for you? I can go to BHO at anytime i want, and I am aware that QWISO is an "inferior" method. I don't care. Your negativity is unappreciated.
    I don't think qwiso is really that much cheaper anyways. Even if it is cheaper, IMO BHO is a much faster and easier process than QWISO given the same amount of experience when doing both types of extractions.

Do what you want to do. I myself basically grew up on Qwiso and would never turn down a dab of some properly made oil. But like was already mentioned, that way of making concentrates is pretty much obsolete on TC.

And if you know it is inferior(which is also highly debatable),why would you even want to make it?
    Just Dab

Quote Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo View Post
    I don't think qwiso is really that much cheaper anyways. Even if it is cheaper, IMO BHO is a much faster and easier process than QWISO given the same amount of experience when doing both types of extractions.

Do what you want to do. I myself basically grew up on Qwiso and would never turn down a dab of some properly made oil. But like was already mentioned, that way of making concentrates is pretty much obsolete on TC.

And if you know it is inferior(which is also highly debatable),why would you even want to make it?
    I mentioned in my last post the reason I have been trying QWISO was to learn the process, and hopefully when i switch to BHO it will benefit me. I have been planning on switching to BHO since i started making QWISO. I thought asking for peoples advice would help my understanding of the process, however i see now that i should just do my own research rather than ask for peoples input. Thanks for your input though, if you have any advice for my QWISO id appreciate it!

Yeap its not negativity bud, and this has nothing to do with advice vs research. If you had done forum searches you would have seen a bunch of threads that all received the same response I just posted. Consider looking at the number of thread views some of these threads have, and consider how many people use this site, or have ever used this site and ask yourself if your question is a relevant, useful, or unanswered question; will anyone else in the history of the existence of this forum have asked this question? Regardless of what the question is, the answer is "probably," but not "definitely," hence the need to search.

Again, it comes back to reading more. You are not the first person I've told this to; you are not even the first person who has wanted to "start with iso" before moving on to BHO. This thread comes up every few weeks or so. That's why it's easy to tell you still haven't bothered searching. I know this place operates like a forum, but it is also a database of information.

Give a man a fish and he won't go hungry for a night, teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry ever again.
    Understanding WHY you do certain things is more important than understanding HOW you do them.
    Budder sucks.

Thumbs up

you wont get any help on this website by asking questions, i honestly dont even know why were allowed to make new threads if ALL the information is already available through search.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsHowWeDoIt View Post
    you wont get any help on this website by asking questions, i honestly dont even know why were allowed to make new threads if ALL the information is already available through search.
    well now that's just not true

its a respect thing.

we want to make sure one isnt foolish enough to injure oneself and possibly others.

if one shows and proves that they have what it takes, then in turn the confidence to help them goes up.

want to know one is respectful, and half smart, not toooooo lazy.

if someone exhibits that they have read everything they can, searched long and hard, and still needs to ask a few questions from time to time, they get mad love and help.

ThisIsHowWeDoIt

Putting words into other people's mouths doesn't make you correct.

If you had read enough of the forum, you could easily come up with a question that's never been asked before, and could ask it.

Like: Will oil produced using a CO2 extraction dissolve in butane?
    Budder sucks.