Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 67 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1757596061626364656667686970717273747577117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackgastche View Post
    My experiment with the 6 cans turned into 10 cans. I weighed the cans prior to spraying them and after spraying them to make sure the weights were the same. On some of the cans, weights were not the same after emptying them even though nothing else would come out. I only ended up purging and weighing the 6 cans that ended up weighing the same due to time constraints.

The first 3 cans were tie dye cans marked 5/12/2012. The weights were .04g , .04g and .06g. Not much variance for me on these 3 cans (all from same case)

Next 3 cans were black label vector (normal non-tiedye) marked 5/13/2013. The weights were .03g, .04g, .04g. Again not much variance (all from same case).

I don't believe this adds much, but at least we have more numbers. Any idea what the dates on your can was Sky (date is on bottom)?

Also, I wonder if anyone else has trouble completely emptying cans minus a can tapper? I never would have noticed it if I hadn't weighed the cans so precisely before and after.
    NICE! yes, this is helpful. those amounts are closer to what I have found as an average with 60 and 79 can runs. .06 and .04 and .03 are, respectively, 326ppm, 217ppm, and 163ppm. This is compared to the 2.8ppm that GW has reported finding in Vector and the 800+ that the lab is reporting.

Open can blasting is passe now that closed loop is available and the knowledge is spreading. I know they are pricey, just relieve yourself of some of that wonderful heady glass, and buy one. As one wise producer put it, "give a hoot, run closed loop!"

The tit-for-tat shit has taken this thread off the rails.
    Important discussion but finding trustworthy info in this thread has become burdensome.

Also, spraying into ziplocs seems sketchy. Are you taring each one or assuming a standard tare weight?
    Kiss me, I'm legal! ┌П┐(_)┌П┐
    "In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." Bob Marley Rat Race
    I don't smoke trees any more, just the sap.

Tare individually. Seems sketchy to some maybe, but this is done in university chem labs for lessons. Granted they use a fume hood as well, but it is not as bad as it may sound.

Medfield College of Technology, Department of Physical Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Papers View Post
    The tit-for-tat shit has taken this thread off the rails.
    Important discussion but finding trustworthy info in this thread has become burdensome.

Also, spraying into ziplocs seems sketchy. Are you taring each one or assuming a standard tare weight?
    Cheapest generic supermarket one gallon ziplock bag, cut the ziplock off, fold up, place on .01 or .001 scale, record tare weight, fold over the top one inch to the outside, place in a pyrex dish, place the pyrex dish in another dish, squirt a full can of ~300ml butane lighter refill into a quart Mason jar as per the video, pour the liquid butane into the plastic bag, add warm water to the larger dish, after boil off vacuum purge the bag, fold the bag, place on scale, record weight, deduct tare weight from final weight, post result to Toke City Forums Mystery Oil thread. TIA!!!

Freeze the can of butane and the Mason jar by placing in the freezer for a couple of hours before the test to maximize the amount of liquid butane collected.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SkyHighLer; 11-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryOil View Post
    The math is simple, GW. Just a little adding, multiplying, and division. The results are already posted. Feel free to run the math. I have. THe labs results were extraordinarily high. On average 828ppm for vector and 1157ppm for Newport. Suspiciously high. I collected only a fraction (in ppm) of that in my tests. And you collected only fractions of what I collected. Again the numbers are posted. Feel free to run the math.

With regard to legally challenging the lighter refill companies, I don't think they care or need to. It states clearly on all cans that they are for the sole purpose of filling lighters. That would be like kids huffin' on fuel and then suing Chevron cause it is bad for them. I don't think intentionally misusing a product leaves any room for lawsuits. If it were labeled for the use of extraction--like the $450 50# SFE (supercritical fluid extraction) grade co2 tanks available through airgas--and they were found to be contaminated, then I could see having some legal ground to stand on. But, in the case of lighter refill cans advertised as lighter refill cans, this is not the case.
    You have just demonstrated another reason why we don't work well together, and that is your smart mouth and condescending attitude brother MO.

The math is simple, and in fact so simple that I had to do it for you the first time and I don't hear any statistical analysis numbers coming from you, so I infer you didn't do them and encourage you to stick to the issue at hand if cooperation is your goal.

If cooperation isn't your goal, this conversation is over, because I have no time for games.

I obviously also can't use your numbers, because the certified chain of custody has been broken, and I can't verify your math without doing it myself.

Why would you consider your word gospel, when no legal system in the world would, without reviewing your source material and doing the math.

We also need to triangulate with two more labs so solidify our position, because their labs will say our labs are full of it.

It doesn't surprise me that you have no intention of following through with new findings, as your goal doesn't appear to be to resolve the problem, but to draw publicity from it.

I on the other hand, am the bete noir they called to resolve such issues before retirement, so I will proceed with pursuing a fix.

The legal issue is blatant mislabeling, not its suitability for other purposes. I didn't realize you were also a legal expert, in addition to your other expertise's.

I'm surprised, as such an expert, that you would interpret the truth in labeling laws that way, or are so naive as to believe that all the XXXXXXXX's that are appearing on lighter cans, are not intended to capture the extraction market?

All you have to do is release the data Monday, I believe I have the training and experience to carry my own ball at the Fortune 500 level. If you can't, you probably would be wise to not be standing in the way.
    A posse, ad esse.

From possibility to realization.

What do you mean, release the data?. Do you want me to cc Marty's email to you with the results in it?

Account Danned

Colibri is advertised for use with BHO extractions in the catalog I have.

Edit: Dug up the pics again
    Last edited by Dan Kooper; 11-09-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackgastche View Post
    300ml

Never knew they had 106ml cans. Cute.
    I ran into 90, 270, 300, 320, and 394 ml cans. 300 ml weighs about 173 grams, so .04 is about 231 ppm.
    A posse, ad esse.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryOil View Post
    What do you mean, release the data?. Do you want me to cc Marty's email to you with the results in it?
    I want Marty to hand me the results with your blessing. He can't and won't do that until you tell him it is OK.
    Last edited by Graywolf; 11-09-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    A posse, ad esse.