If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21232425262728293031

You bet Hashmasta-Kut , they are looking good and have tree looking leaves starting rather than just green . I'll post some pictures .
    I just got back from my vaction . I lost my own strain seed plant I started due to not enough water . It was in a little cup . I'll start some more of those . The clones are alive and looking good too I had a great time with my parents and family , so all is great !
    Thank you x0mb13 That's a nice thing to say and I appreciate it
    I'm going to take some cuttings from the plants soon and get the next set of clones going . I have 2 plants I like more than the rest and will pick the clones from one of those plants . The temperature is cooling down and will be helpful as far as the clones go , though it stays at a pretty constant cool Temp. where I'm doing the cloning and no mold in there .
    No humidity in the area where the clones are being done , just cool , around 60 degree's F' right now and will drop a little when it's winter to around 55 like the clones I've been doing temps .
    The clones did fine in 55 degree temps in the winter , started in soiless soil as substrate . I soak the soiless soil in a 5 gallon bucket of water before I use it , to remove any salts and nutrients to a great degree if not all , sence the clones can't take food up anyways without roots I do soak them in water with B1 in it as well as soak the soil with B1 water . I do that with my seeds I start as well , I soak them in B1 water before and while germinating . I add water to the B1 soaked paper towel I'm using when needed.
    I used to use Rapid Rooters to germinate with any time I was going to grow from seed, which was every grow for years and years .
    I'd tare the Rapid Rooters on the side , so you could open them up like a book and look inside of them , then stick the seed I soaked in water into the Rapid Rooter and would check to see how the seeds germinating by opening the Rapid Rooter periodically until I have a nice tap root created, then move the seed out of the Rapid Rooter and into soiless soil substrate . I'd then move them to where when they sprout , usually on a window ledge the new seedlings would get full sun from the start. That way no matter how much lighting I could throw at them , they'd be more than hardened off - used to strong lighting .
    The reason I'd take them out of the Rapid Rooter is due to I've had plants die , only to find when I checked out why , the root had gotten stuck in the Rapid Rooter and never made it's way through the bottom. It was to hard for the seed to brake through when they casted out the Rapid Rooters when they made them .
    After I figured that out , I check each Rapid Rooter and make sure the bottom of it was pliable or I'd tare the bottom of the Rapid Rooter off and make it pliable , just in case the seed wasn't going to come out of the Raid Rooter without hurting the tap root system being created inside of it .
    I'd then plant the Rapid Rooter as well if it were going to hurt the tap root .
    I try to avoid planting with them due to the root issues I've had using them at times , not always , but they're great for holding the right moisture content for the seeds to germinate and keeps them well insulated.
    Last edited by Marksurfs; 11-08-2016 at 05:58 PM.

That's a lotta trimming!! Great updates friend!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    ~Pistillate~
    Super Moderator
    Very proud Mom of my 11 & 2 yr old saplings.

R.I.P. Nana [06.27.2014] | R.I.P. Mom [09.21.2008] | R.I.P. Melissa [05.27.2011] | R.I.P. Dynell [09.29.2009]

[3.23.2011 - TokeCity Chat]
    [11:12] <+chaibuzz> and if your head explodes from hitting TI too soon
    [11:13] <+chaibuzz> I'll see you in the dark slide of the spoon

"Strangers passing in the street By chance two separate glances meet And I am you and what I see is me." ~Pink Floyd

@BBob, DrJay was not a physician (MD…doctorate of Medicine)…I visited him at his wife’s home in 03-04, bout 7-8mo before he died, I had been off OG for about that long, only to find a thread on him RIP ☹

From this v. low resolution screencap, 2nd paragraph from the end of the msg DrJay replied to me on OG, July 2003 (u can see he reg’d Jun 2001, hence the 2001 in his username)…he stated “While NOT a Botanist, I am a Cell and Molecular Biologist, with a PhD in Biochemistry”. As I recall he obtained his PhD from CalState Northridge in his mid’30s.

He gave me 50 seeds of his current v. of ‘Alibi’…which UB told me later in PM, it was a “goodie”; but contradicted himself on canna forums a yr or so later when he characterized it as just another uninteresting hybrid---reason #1 I learned to take anything UB says online with a grain of salt.

I gave ***him***(that’s DrJ, in case paranoid/accusatory UB where to happen on this thread and say ‘that’s a lie, u never gave me’ ) a btl of Cali Syrah & iirc, from my father’s stash kept in cool basement(frig would have been better for aging) Sierra Nevada celebration ale of vintage? Along with a btl of 1999 Anchor Christmas Ale…which was ‘mid-point’ for aging, retains some of the youthful bitters/fresh flavors, but mellowed out/smoother from age with hints of the caramel flavors to come from longer aging. All except the ’83 were bought on release. ’85 & ’83 when I lasted tasted with my dad in early 2000’s were both much darker brownish/amber with mucho caramel flavor & texture that is thicker/creamier than in yut< that some may like, some not.
    ...hmm, haven't posted online to any vbulletin forum in ages, not sure I'll get any of this posting correct, i could upload from computer, but then hosting is via this site, bandwidth...so vbull will not take url shortened links?...and I can't see the images from the preview, so guessing they are not going to display, this is no fun, attachment is showing as a file, but there is nothing to see?:

https://imgur.com/a/pJyfpif

Name:  DrJay2001.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  50.9 KB

@BBob, DrJay was not a physician (MD…doctorate of Medicine)…I visited him at his wife’s home in 03-04, bout 7-8mo before he died, I had been off OG for about that long, only to find a thread on him RIP ☹

From this v. low resolution screencap, 2nd paragraph from the end of the msg DrJay replied to me on OG, July 2003 (u can see he reg’d Jun 2001, hence the 2001 in his username)…he stated “While NOT a Botanist, I am a Cell and Molecular Biologist, with a PhD in Biochemistry”. As I recall he obtained his PhD from CalState Northridge in his mid’30s.

He gave me 50 seeds of his current v. of ‘Alibi’…which UB told me later in PM, it was a “goodie”; but contradicted himself on canna forums a yr or so later when he characterized it as just another uninteresting hybrid---reason #1 I learned to take anything UB says online with a grain of salt.

I gave ***him***(that’s DrJ, in case paranoid/accusatory UB where to happen on this thread and say ‘that’s a lie, u never gave me’ ) a btl of Cali Syrah & iirc, from my father’s stash kept in cool basement(frig would have been better for aging) Sierra Nevada celebration ale of vintage? Along with a btl of 1999 Anchor Christmas Ale…which was ‘mid-point’ for aging, retains some of the youthful bitters/fresh flavors, but mellowed out/smoother from age with hints of the caramel flavors to come from longer aging. All except the ’83 were bought on release. ’85 & ’83 when I lasted tasted with my dad in early 2000’s were both much darker brownish/amber with mucho caramel flavor & texture that is thicker/creamier than in yut< that some may like, some not.
    ...hmm, haven't posted online to any vbulletin forum in ages, not sure I'll get any of this posting correct, i could upload from computer, but then hosting is via this site, bandwidth...so vbull will not take url shortened links?...and I can't see the images from the preview, so guessing they are not going to display, this is no fun, attachment is showing as a file, but there is nothing to see?, i give up, just going to use imgur & u can click on the links:

https://imgur.com/a/pJyfpif

Name:  DrJay2001.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  50.9 KB

https://imgur.com/a/DPFXeVV
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I’m going to make a guess on why Marksurfs stopped posting here, other than there is virtually no one left here reading anymore. He mentioned that his father was the one who encouraged him to post up on forums that grow knowledge that MS has, but that he looked up to his father who had lung cancer…nearly as fatal as brain or pancreatic cancers. Probably had nothing to do with Cali passing new retail/med marijuana laws that Nov. 2016. At least Marksurf’s only had to deal with his father’s death…which I hope did not involve any prolonged suffering, which was the case for my mother(who beat lung cancer, heart attack, mouth cancer, colon cancer…only to die from side-effects/domino effect of poor hospital care, and then without a minute to grieve that my hero/angel mother had died, right into 24/7 longer/slower suffering from again, poor hospital/medical treatment-care, of my father from metastatic prostate cancer…nobody dies from prostate cancer when it’s found/treated early, 99% 5yr survival rate…unless, u are in the 1%, then like my father 6yrs into diagnosis, 6mo before my mother died, his prostate cancer metastasized, he was dead 17mo later, would have died even sooner if I had not tried to save him. McCain said it, everyone has to die one way or another, no escape.

@Marksurfs, I sent u a PM on the old Planetganja, when u reg’d there and were following BBob’s Cutz Up thread back in 2005-6 and as you said, where laying low, staying off posting on the internet until the fallout of OG going down was over/safe from prosecutions. I also recall ur thread on the old OG “Ok OldPink, let’s talk about Uncle Ben” where you advocated unbanning UB, who is prone to getting banned from most cannabis forums. I also sent u a PM or two on OG, about the Dalat…which u might recall if I were to mention something only u might recall that was something private to me in regards to a ‘river’. If I can gain access again to my old laptop, after probate litigation, I do believe I still have a copied image from the DWD “Need some help with SE Asian seeds” thread on OG, was of your cross u did with c99 pollen provided by UB & Dalat, side by side with pure Dalat, big ass colas leaning over from weight, 1000kw HID, large cardboard flats in the grow room. UB likes to pretend I did not follow all those details closely.

UB hasn’t posted on RIU since 2016, so maybe Griffin’s Spinout trace amounts leached into the roots and made it into the flower, caused brain cancer/neurologic deterioration in the dude and now he’s dead? He would rant like a lunatic about how his blood tests came out great, like that has any bearing on whether or not you would get cancer in your old age, from using Spinout, not like you could prove it one way or another.

As far has his rants about that post on Sannie’s site, keep in mind UB was in his early 60’s back in the beginning of OG, so at the time he posted on Sannie’s site, perhaps he was just too baked, given he’s been retired by his own admission, since the 1990’s…did not comprehend my post.

Many of us, including BBob, are fully aware of who CBF is/was. CBF, notable for his love of all things sativa, especially the Haze’s. The PM I received from CBF came from TheCanacabana before Dman’s troll Admn, ‘shadow banned’ me from that site because he hated that I was supporting UB in threads where UB was being trolled left & rt, Dman’s pet Admn that he claimed was doing a great job on CC, &trolling/harassing me and loving it, in his PM to me stating that he had indeed ‘shadow banned’ without notifying me of that fact.

I had asked CBF about the Dalat, since my recollection was either DWD, UB, U or some1 had sent him some of the Dalat seeds to grow out. Guess I needed to write a tome post like this for UB; to explain more clearly so he wouldn’t assume it was always about him, his massive ego.

CBF is the one who claimed (if it’s a lie, UB needs to go choke on CBF then) that he returned the seeds…best I can recall, because the Dalat was too much difficulty for his tight spaced grow area. I also asked him why he deleted multiple accounts from Planetganja & other sites, he claimed that he loves the haze’s but that they make him super paranoid, lol. Maybe UB is going to say that’s a lie also- take it up with CBF, or don’t post on canna forums when ur too baked to comprehend what is being written. One thing that I had hoped for, was that the post would get UB’s massive self-absorbed ego to come in and share all of his unparalleled awesome wisdom, or maybe even Marksurfs…didn’t happen on that one for years. It was 20’Thai that entered the Dalat in the Nimbus Cup around ’04?, iirc; and it did not win ☺

In case Marksurfs did not see it, an archived text version of part of the DWD thread from OG is on cannabisculture.

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/fo...-asian-sativa/

Of course, for some reason, Team OG decided the Dalat thread should be banished to the ‘archives’ on OG, so most did not see that thread shortly before OG went down permanently Feb 2005.

Your ‘friend’ UB, Marksurfs…guess that means UB thinks ur a total fuckup, along with BBob & all the others on canna forums that are not wealthy & retired like him according to his post linked below…you know the drill, “so easy, even a caveman can do it”: At least I did not get the very ‘mature’…what is UB now, an almost 80yr old teenager “penis breath” insult from UB?

https://www.rollitup.org/t/donald-tr...#post-12694837

Pics aren't working at the moment.

My bad on Doc Jay.

You have a strange obsession.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29