If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221223224225226227228229230231
Results 2,301 to 2,308 of 2308

Animal protein sources, such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy, are similar to the protein found in your body.

These are considered to be complete sources of protein because they contain all of the essential amino acids that your body needs to function effectively.

On the contrary, plant protein sources, such as beans, lentils and nuts are considered to be incomplete, as they lack one or more of the essential amino acids that your body needs (1).

Some sources report soy protein as complete. However, two essential amino acids are only found in small amounts in soy, so it isn't comparable to animal protein (2).

BOTTOM LINE:
    Animal foods are the highest quality protein sources. Plant sources lack one or more amino acids, which makes it more difficult to get all the amino acids that your body needs.
    RooRcoTT '08-'18

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    Anyone who needs more than a standard icemaster with a diffy needs to get some better nugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ~GS~ View Post
    Who came up with “the daily morning sesh” idea?
    "The daily morning sesh" idea has been around for quite some time....wake-n-bake.
    Here though, I think it's pretty much just a coffee shop thread. Sometimes I toke, sometimes not...depends on what I got going on. This morning it's a bowl of ??? Cookies...can't remember the first part.

...I need to lose 30lbs or so...
    ~GS~, you should look into a keto diet (focus on the elimination of sugars and carbs) and intermittent fasting (eating only in a 6-8 hour period each day, and not intaking any calories for the rest of the day), to put your body in a state of ketosis (fat burning), and do at least an hour a day of aerobic activity to burn the fat.

My New Year's resolution is to drop at least 20#. I am starting to eliminate carbs and sugars, narrowing the time frame in which I eat each day, and trying to be more active (more heart rate increasing activity)...I'm down 3# so far. My pants were all getting way too tight, so it was either go up another waist size, or take back control of my body.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaPlaya View Post
    I need to GAIN weight, a solid ~25lbs would be nice.
    Playa, you should be scarfing on a ton of dairy products and protein in general, and doing a 3 day a week weight lifting program to build muscle instead of fat.

Had a friend complain once that all his buddies were bigger, more muscular, and that his body was too "soft". Told him I could fix that in 6 weeks, if he followed my instructions. Got him eating more high protein, bulking foods, and we started working out three days a week. After 4 weeks he was noticing a difference...after 6 he was thanking me profusely.
    ##> The Butcher Shop <##

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 1:29

Quote Originally Posted by ~GS~ View Post
    @Scheize, meant to post this as reply to your comment post last November.

Problem with listening to those who trump climate change, is they are politically motivated, same as the scientists who these ppl rely on for the ‘facts’.

Using the model that most reflects actual measured data, that has not been ‘parameterized’, there is a modest warming, that may or may not be something that could be changed by human endeavors.

I saw climate change starting around 1990, easily, with no news stories. First off, we got powdery mildew on pot crops, indoor and outdoor. IN the 80s, we didnt have it as a problem, it was virtually nonexistent. PM gets nicely killed off during cold winters. We don't get a prolonged cold period anymore her on the west coast, and since around 1989, Powdery mildew has become prevalent. It was right around then we saw PM crops for the first time, outdoors.

Another good point, is that our local mountain, which had a perpetual icepack since who knows when, first started going completely bare in around 2004. It never went bare before that, always a nice stack of water up there. No longer, it goes bare every year now, at least to 95% bare.

Good weekend morning my friends!

. . .
    No marigolds in the promised land
    There's a hole in the ground
    Where they used to grow
    Any man left on the Rio Grande
    Is the king of the world
    As far as I know
    . . .
    Big Wednesday (1978)
    Matt Johnson: And I even passed out in your closet, but I never, and I don't know who could have if I didn't, but I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

...llessuЯ...

Concntration Station old's cool's Avatar

have a boss day duders, i am cleaning up today...attention needed b4 i get unwanted attention, lololol.
    http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/TCglassphotos/oldssig6.jpg

Fun day of SUN day! Have a good one all.

I assume you're done borrowing our SUN 'round these parts old's? I hope you had a ripsnortin' good time.

(<= Colonel Less Claypool)
    Big Wednesday (1978)
    Matt Johnson: And I even passed out in your closet, but I never, and I don't know who could have if I didn't, but I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

...llessuЯ...

I detect the El Supremo
    I had to do it! Sorry amigos! Good to feel STEELY love Subtle complexities to the riffs blow me away

Big Wednesday (1978)

...llessuЯ...

How was the vacation oldscool? I wouldn’t mind one myself I suppose I got a few more months work to do before I’m due

Pretty cold here today also.

Lookin forward to some good football tonight !!! Saints and patriots in the super bowl I’m predicting
    RooRcoTT '08-'18

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    Anyone who needs more than a standard icemaster with a diffy needs to get some better nugs.