Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 408082838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartbud View Post
    So i wanna get a hakko and was reading through this thread to get opinions. The last few pages make me want a dash, but reading back some pages it makes me think it may not be powerful enough.

I do not want to overdue it and heat the bud up to much, and i'm not trying to touch the ceramic heater to the bud. With the dash do you have to touch it or can you hold it above. I don't think i'd mind one that is a little more powerful and you have to hold it above the bowl, so which one should I get?

I have used something before, non hakko...one didn't heat it up quick enough and you had to touch it and the other ignited it but made the smoke yellow...not trying to have that.
    ^
    Personaly my favorite method of smoking is toching the element of my 454 dash to the bud. But as the owner of both a dash and a 456 I would reccomend the 456 to you. I find that the hotter element makes vaping/ combustion without touching much easier than with the dash, infact I find it to be a huge challenge to ignite herb hovering the element of a dash.
    Glass by: AK, Cowboy, Dave Strobel, Eusheen, Hops, J.O.P., Marbleslinger, Mike Fro, Morgan, Kenaroo, Kraig, N3rd, ROOR, Toro

I only very occasionally light bowls with my Hakko 456 simply because I have it mounted in a shoe to take oil hits off of... I haven't read nearly the whole thread but I love my 456, and yeah, it gets too hot for some things(like smoking oil off of) so just turn it off a few seconds before you use it. For Oil I heat it to red, then let it sit roughly 10 seconds, then hit it. works so perfect, just use a whip from a standard vape to suck the smoke...

Also, I bought a remote control plug-in for the hakko, so now I just push a button on a remote for on and off... worth the investment for sure!

I light my bowls with beeline, haven't really compared hakko to beeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Concentrated View Post
    I have it mounted in a shoe to take oil hits off of...
    what? can you post a pic or explain this. shoe?

you can get a soldering iron temp control box to turn the heat down a bit. ebay has them for 20 bucks or you could find a good one for 40 or so

sounds like he stuck it inside a shoe with the element poking out and dropped some oil on it, i've done it with similar things

Ok, I shall elaborate.

Ya take one Old School double upper Chuck Taylor Allstar shoe made by Converse(the shoe is totally optional... i just use that) put a glass with about a 2.5" diameter and about 3-3.5" tall, and set it in the shoe, and tie it up tight. Then you take a long sock that is not totally threadbare and wrap it around the hakko and the first couple inches of the cord, then set the hakko(which is already wrapped in a sock for stability) in the glass.

I have thought about making a better mount... but idk... its a pretty solid classy look, and people seem to think its an amputees fake foot.(cuz of the metal of the hakko showing i guess...)

Sorry I can't edit posts yet... too new or whatever... forgot to put how i draw the smoke off the tip of the ceramic element....

Vaporizer whip ftw until I get my Glass on Glass bell to put on a tube/bubb. Its a pretty standard vaporizer whip... i dunno if it comes with anything but that... but it has a glass end that has an 18.8 GonG, and about 4 inches of glass below(I use as handle... dunno why its really there) then attached to kitchen grade plastic for about a foot n a half, roughly half inch diameter... probably closer to 3/8" then has a glass mouthpiece...

I like it, just needs moar water.

Lightbulb Mr. Dash

I rock the lowest watt Hakko DASH daily

MODEL
    Hakko "Dash" Soldering Irons
    Part No: N452JN-V12
    IRON,SDRG,DASH,15W,N452

I have used many differnt versions of Hakko's and preffer the 15w DASH model above that heats to approximately 370C!

The 20watt version is nice and operates @ the MOST desired temp 420c

The 20watt version is almost double the cost of what the 15w version ($26)sells for @ FRY's!!!

NO PROBLEMS W/ 370c IMOA compared to a BIC that reachs near 1400F instantly which is way, way, way to hot.

The funny thing is that no matter what you light w/ the inhale temp through chilled water and a few icecubes is almost always near 35F?

Ive taken several dozen readings w/ my FLUKE temp probe stuck in the bowl & another FLUKE inserted into the tube near the mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

My test piece was a genuine Pyrex breaker bottom w/ 5mm tubing (around 17" tall) w/ app. 750ml of water out of Arrowhead chiller & 2 standard icecubes from a tray!!!

All test conducted w/ same variables

lighter, bee-line, ital, hakko, bic = same temp thru waterpipe GRABE YOURSELF A FLUKE OR FIELDPIECE MULTI & SEE IT FOR YOURSELF GUYS.

DONT BE AFFRAID To your GREEN's w/ a 15-20watt dash the low TEMP wont hurt your product!

KIEFER

Hi everyone first post here. Old skool grower from when overgrow and cannabis world was around. Anyways, I just got dun burning down a few bowls of some Sour with my new Hakko 456, and as a Phedor user for over 6 years, I have to say this beats it hands down. I havent seen the Dash or the 455, but this might be a little overkill, its like a lightsaber! Its so nice to be able to rip thru hits like that. There is only one thing I dislike is the element has a good amount of play to it, I was used to the stationary element of the phedor.

Default Anyone have planes for Hakko Vaporizer

Considering how the Hakko it built into some of the popular vaporizers, dose anyone have plans to building a vaporizer using the Hakko?
    thanks

nice info, kiefereefer! thanks