Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Not being rude or anything, but I think the Toro Ice Pinch Slide needs to be upgraded...

My friend had an excellent point... Lets take my Toro 7/13, a beautiful tube, worked top and bottom perc, black base, faceted mouthpiece... I spent around $800 on this quality piece of glass, and it comes with a somewhat "boring" clear, cylindrical slide. Not to mention I feel the ice pinch sucks for those who like to "clean" (wipe out) their slide between each snap.

Personally I'd like to see Toro include a small snapper "martini" style slide, however, not like their previous one. More like a Sheldon Black style slide but a little smaller, with a narrow and deep push. These would be worked to match the prec sections, etc. and would have a small rounded marble style handle.

Again, I'm trying to offend anyone at Toro. I just feel this would be a far superior design to the one they currently have, and more on par with what should come with an $800+ tube.

Regardless, keep with the quality Toro!
    "Orange rectangle boxes in my pockets, niggas on a quest like Johnny & Hadji"

Disco- I think JP chooses those for a reason. A) It is a stock slide B) Its the my favorite owned slide as far as function goes.

I understand that theyre VERY basic designs, probably cost about $4 and 5 minutes to make. But they do exactly what he wanted them to do, they function perfectly.

It appears to me that he achieves the BEST function with the easiest setup, clean slide to match a clean tube.

I personally believe that JP strives much more for the function of his tubes than the artwork involved into them (as far as production goes, i know he does GREAT color work) and they happen to turn out as beautiful beautiful tubes.

All i know is, its there for a dam good reason, otherwise the man would be using something else.

Unfortunately, mine fell out of my bag tonight and the top broke off
    Last edited by Gumby; 12-25-2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Glass by: Toro, pH(x), No Stress Glass, Leo, BD,
    SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ARTIST!

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2HighTown420 View Post
    Stoked to finally have an ashcatcher again. It works awesome. It made me eat a whole bag of kit kats and whoppers.

im with gumby, i love how well the stock one functions, and the really heady toros do come with custom slides.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    Plus, I'm curious to know how many people on this forum even pay taxes.....
    What were we talking about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

But they do exactly what he wanted them to do, they function perfectly.
    See this is where I disagree, JP and all of Toro do more then amazing work, but I feel these slide don't function that well at all. IMO herb gets caught in them very easily, they are very flow-y (some may like this, I don't) and they are very hard to clean (wipe out) in between snaps.

If Toro produces a a clear prodo tube, by all means they should include a clear slide, be it a different one then the Ice Pinch they currently use. Fully worked tubes should include at least a slightly worked slide IMO.

Listen I love my Toro, IMO, they make the best glass out there... I just feel that such an amazing piece of glass should come with a better looking & functioning slide.

Again no disrespect, this is just my opinion.
    "Orange rectangle boxes in my pockets, niggas on a quest like Johnny & Hadji"

Milkshot of the Microverter!

nice pic NY

As of the toro slide i myself am not the biggest fan but im with gum i think jp is more focused on function than work when all is said and done and im not goanna lie they do deliver a huge rip for a snapper bowl. But i myself am a push fan so i wouldnt mind to own a toro push along with a ice pinch!
    “IF I COULD SHOW YOU…. YOU WOULD NEVER LEAVE IT”

like y'all said, the toro ice pinches are basic in design but are badass in function. I do wish that they had worked handles or little worked disks and shit like that. Very rare that i see a worked toro bowl, they are only included w/the headiest toros.
    glass by: Morgan, C6, Alex K, US Toobs, John Kobuki, Royal, Toro, HMK, lil' b, and there will always be more to come.

My toro IP is my fav slide as far as function goes. Toros flow better with an IP as opposed to a tini IMO
    Toro, Darby DC, Wicked Sands

Slides by: Salt, Rebel, BC Glass, Zach P, Liberty Glass,
    Morgan oil dome.

Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skcuspar03

Quote Originally Posted by william cosby View Post
    like y'all said, the toro ice pinches are basic in design but are badass in function. I do wish that they had worked handles or little worked disks and shit like that. Very rare that i see a worked toro bowl, they are only included w/the headiest toros.
    i know im so mad that a heady slide didnt come with my 8 to 13!
    “IF I COULD SHOW YOU…. YOU WOULD NEVER LEAVE IT”

just picked up a 4 to 8 arm all reinforced, my other 7-13 arm should be hear soon.

Last edited by Jonesia; 12-26-2010 at 10:53 PM.