Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast
    His Royal Dutchness [NL]Maarten's Avatar

thnks for the kind words guys

Lets hope i continue improving ALOT cuz the way its looking im starting the broke ass journey to becoming photographer this summer haha
    finally said fuck it and quit civil engineering haha. Never felt better ebventhough i know its gonna be more thanhard to distinguish myself from all other phtographers. Oh well, onto the next field trip
    i like pie
    free TIBET![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hell yeah man, way to go. I was gonna suggest you make an online gallery, but didn't wanna sound crazy go for it and shoot shoot shoot away...keep us posted man.
    --intelligent people often regard the opportunity to speak as the opportunity to prove thier intellect, Wise people regard an opportunity to hold one's tongue the same way.

~Huh? a canoe made of country Ham? You know I'll eat it~ H J Simpson

K.Nail Kind Creations /My Toro / Kind Creations Tube / Roor Triple Beaker / EHLE / L. Wilson Custom Dub / My Family

first of all, A hvery happy new years to everyone. Hope everyone had a great time. i for sure did and am suffering now for it
    heres some pics i took on a rediculously smokey/misty night.
    oh and two pics from earlier
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    i like pie

Default new new camera :)

So i got me my Canon EOS400D in the mail this weekend and didnt figure out how to use it till tyoday haha
    heres my first attempt at taking some good pics
    excuse me for going to the same place again and again to take pics haha.
    i like pie

mo9re
    edit : also i should mention the order is way off. gotta sort the filename's somehow
    i like pie

looking good maarty..
    I know that this was a new camera 'break in' session, but a few comments....

I think your composition and subject choice has gotten way better. you are still drawn to geometric patterns, but you are using them powerfully and often in stunning contrast to chaos and randomness.

I missed the radical perspective shots from some of your other shoots, but still great work man.
    may favorites are the sparkler shot and the outdoor one with the twisted wooden gate by the river.

thanks as always for sharing
    Last edited by 3combs; 01-22-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    --intelligent people often regard the opportunity to speak as the opportunity to prove thier intellect, Wise people regard an opportunity to hold one's tongue the same way.

K.Nail Kind Creations /My Toro / Kind Creations Tube / Roor Triple Beaker / EHLE / L. Wilson Custom Dub / My Family

thnks for the kind words 3combs
    btw these representations of the pics dont do them justice. at 3888x2592 some of em look alot better than they appear.
    and yes , i didnt spend miuch time taking pics as the sun was settng and i was spending most of my time tracking down the swan carcass haha
    ill be back with some more urban pics soon, plus im starting a course end january. so more pics to come !
    i like pie

^ nice choice ! for me it was a coin toss between that and the canon 400D, i think quality wise ya get the same thing except i caught a nice deal with some lenses and my mom has alot of canon lenses . i gotta say i cant wait to get this shit started cuz tehres so many things that i see but dont completely know how to do yet haha. i need to figure out aperture a lot more. like in the last post oi really dig the swan carcass cuz i was messign with the aperture to only let one object focus (the swans elbow??) and teh rest to be fuzzy. Also i been trying out diff iso's with different shutterspeeds and writing those down. (THIS HELPS ALOT haha)
    like for moon pics i now find HIGH ISO and LOW shutterspeeds work well
    i like pie

heres some pics of my first project. I hatred this project cuz its so cheesy. i had to show a part of my life or w/.e by photographing my living environment. also the pics needed to be a series , so there needed to be a recurring theme/technique. I chose to take all pics with as low a aperture setting and tuned the shutter speed to get proper lighting. They had to be in black and white so i tweaked em a bit in photoshop.
    The theme is contrast and i will post half of teh series today, half tommorow when i decided which pics i wanna use to show my life has two sides. the peaceful nature lover living in a posh house drinking tea ... and the other side will be shown tommorow haha
    im new to the whole black n white/photoshoppping. any tips are appreciated. im getting graded on monday lol
    i like pie

oh the first year photography assignments..

I can't wait..I like the garden shot and you have a lot of fun with lines in the tea shot...