Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default BONG REVIEW: Crystal Fog Mini - "Lux-Mini" Inspired

14" Crystal Fog
    5.9 mm thickness (compare to Lux mini at 3.97mm)
    Beaker bottom (but rounded similar to the Lux)
    3-arm perc tree with open ended arms (compare to the 4-arm lux mini with slitted bottom arms)
    Ice pinches allows 3 full cubes, but no splashgaurd (compare to lux which has a splashgaurd and can allow 1 full sized cube)
    Crystal Fog "roor-newstyle" inspired diffuser
    Came with a Crystal fog stock bowl not pictured.
    Got this setup for $145. these are priced around $175-180 (depending on who you are and how bad they can rip you off lol. but id say $160 is the avg price this thing sells for)

2 rows of holes + 1 at the bottom

Breakdown:
    1. Equal in height
    2. Similar in Shape
    3. Crystal Fog about 2mm thicker than Lux Mini
    4. Crystal Fog can hold more ice than Lux Mini
    5. Lux mini has a splashgaurd, C-fog does not
    6. C-fog has 3-arm, open ended arm perc tree, Lux Mini has a 4-arm. Some people prefer the 3-arm, others prefer the 4-arm. Also, some smokers like a perc tree with open ended arms as opposed to the slitted bottom.
    7. Both come with diffusers, but the C-fog comes with the roor-style poked holes, while the lux comes with the diamond cut slitted diffuser. Both are good, comes down to the smokers preference. I enjoy the hole'd diffusers more
    8. C-fog quite a bit cheaper, saving me $70+

Overall:
    I was really impressed with the quality of this tube, especially for the price. It is inspired from the Lux mini of course, but has a few improvements and some minor drawbacks. The extra 2mm of glass you get is pretty amazing especially since its cheaper. The open ended perc arms flow amazing, i was really impressed. The roor inspired diffuser is also pretty damn good, light years ahead of the Phx and just a bit sloppier than the roor new style diffusers.
    I actually like the 3-arm perc chambers, they flow great. The lux mini 4-arms are awesome too and are great pieces. I would recommend a C-fog to anyone who either cannot find a lux mini, or wants to save over $70 but get something about equal.

thanks for the heads up mutt..great review
    --intelligent people often regard the opportunity to speak as the opportunity to prove thier intellect, Wise people regard an opportunity to hold one's tongue the same way.

~Huh? a canoe made of country Ham? You know I'll eat it~ H J Simpson

K.Nail Kind Creations /My Toro / Kind Creations Tube / Roor Triple Beaker / EHLE / L. Wilson Custom Dub / My Family

hey mutt- just as a use question, would you see this (mini style perc) replacing the 18 inch as your DD?
    I am curious cos I was thinking about grabbing a mini, but I am not entirely sold on the size yet. thanks
    --intelligent people often regard the opportunity to speak as the opportunity to prove thier intellect, Wise people regard an opportunity to hold one's tongue the same way.

~Huh? a canoe made of country Ham? You know I'll eat it~ H J Simpson

K.Nail Kind Creations /My Toro / Kind Creations Tube / Roor Triple Beaker / EHLE / L. Wilson Custom Dub / My Family

can we get a close up of the GonG joints?

Quote Originally Posted by 3combs View Post
    hey mutt- just as a use question, would you see this (mini style perc) replacing the 18 inch as your DD?
    I am curious cos I was thinking about grabbing a mini, but I am not entirely sold on the size yet. thanks
    hmm, tough question. Id say no, the 18" roor/lux straight is overall a better piece.

but that tube was $300 (from dementia) compared to about half that for the cfog

If i was at square one, wanted to save some money, and didnt care about the name...id say this cfog mini would be the best choice and most certainly could be a DD.

Otherwise, id say this tube is the best car/on the go piece. its thick enough to take a lil more abuse than a lux mini and is small enough to conceal.

i'll try and get a shot of the gong joint later today
    Last edited by MuttMunchies; 09-16-2007 at 07:23 PM.

thats pretty slick looking and a good review to boot

That's a nice looking tube and you cant beat that price. Which do you like better, open ended arms or slits?

Nic job Mutt! I gotta admit, I do miss seeing your ROOЯ18

Nice review.
    frostyy420 aka med grower

RIP Cane